Snapshotting

I've played up two summoners above level 70 so far, and both times felt I had to snapshot or the build would not be viable. That said, I welcome the removal of snapshotting, as I never liked the mechanic and the tediousness associated with it.

However, based on comments so far, I'm unsure if the devs understand how many gems slots you "need" as a summoner these days. The comment that you can use two different raise spectre gem chains for spectre variety is a bit bizarre. The new summoner gems that were recently added to the game could immediately be put to good use because pretty much all high-level summoners were already snapshotting. (In the new balance to come, I'm sure unset rings will be used much by summoners!)

There are a few, simple steps that can be taken to ensure that summoners remain viable and fun, though:

1) Add the possibility for +1/2 max zombs, +1/2 max skels, and +1 max spectre modifiers to random boot loot. Right now one of the most annoying and weakening limitations of Summoner builds is the dependency on the Bones of Ullr unique.

2) Make 'Raise Spectre' remember the last monster type summoned, and if a blank spot on the map is clicked, it summons the same type as last time. This removes the tediousness of hunting down corpses before starting to play, or having to stay logged in to not lose valuable spectres.

3) Not sure if this is implied by the respawn changes suggested in the original post, but minions should level up to the map level, not just down, so we do not have to recast them. Again, for less tediousness.

4) A new Vaal Raise Spectre gem that on cast consumes the corpse clicked, itself, and any linked gems. then produces a 'Raise <monster type>' gem that retains all consumed gem properties (and maybe some added random ones for RNG fun) but cannot be linked with any other gems. This would be a viable way for summoners to use a variety of spectres and leave space for other gems (and also act as a much needed gem sink).

5) Increased quality on Minion Speed gem should increase minion attack and cast speed. It is IMHO not good enough as it is, except for summoning the angry deadheads.

Anyways, thanks for listening, and good game! :)
"
sungarlic wrote:
Auras are only OP when in party. If they nerf auras, they really harm the solo play.

There has been no word about any nerfs to auras. Or do you know more than you share here?
"
Pæra wrote:
4) A new Vaal Raise Spectre gem that on cast consumes the corpse clicked, itself, and any linked gems. then produces a 'Raise <monster type>' gem that retains all consumed gem properties (and maybe some added random ones for RNG fun) but cannot be linked with any other gems. This would be a viable way for summoners to use a variety of spectres and leave space for other gems (and also act as a much needed gem sink).

That would be amazing!! :)
I've played a summoner up to level 85, and only been doing snapping with a Tabula, to 6 link my specters and 5 link my zombies. Then switching to an armour with some resistance for myself. Why? Well, simply because my minions was dying before I could even spawn them, without it - hence me dying over and over, even on low level maps. It might be just that I'm too stupid to play summoner efficiently. The only summoner build I see viable after this goes live is "minion instability", with constant respawning minions, which all in all will make the summoner unplayable.

I can see, how respeccing points, using mines and swapping gems and gear to ultraboost your minions, and then speccing into "all auras in the game", then speccing into damage caster would be a problem, but honestly - at this time, minions are useless if all types of snapping is removed.
If you are looking into Righteous Fire please change the wording from:
Engulfs you in magical fire that rapidly burns you and nearby enemies. Your spell damage is substantially increased while under this effect. The effect ends when you have 1 life remaining

To: (...) The effect ends when you have 0 energy shield and 1 life remaining.
Are non snap shot players completely unaffected by the snap shot fix?
"
sungarlic wrote:
Auras are only OP when in party. If they nerf auras, they really harm the solo play.

no1 is nerfing auras... its snapshot nerf... ive never used any alpha howls or any other "****" trick to cast aura and ive never felt like i need... alpha howls will be cheaper now i guess ;)))
IGN: UbogiMurarz
"
sungarlic wrote:

no1 is nerfing auras... its snapshot nerf... in case of aura i might call it BALANCE... ive never used any alpha howls or any other "****" trick to cast aura and ive never felt like i need... alpha howls will be cheaper now i guess ;)))
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Jun 18, 2014, 1:53:14 PM
"
Are non snap shot players completely unaffected by the snap shot fix?

Only solo self found non snap shot players.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Malone wrote:

I can do lvl 78 maps without snapshot without any issue, with 7 auras, and you are wrong about only unique , Midnight Bargain will continue to be the best 1H summoner weapon.

EASY MOD.

Ha, ha, ha, but you snapshot auras on life using 6L Shavs. Easy mod :D

"
Malone wrote:

my tree :

Sorry to say, but summoners trees differs like straws of grass, nothing to much to look here. As any effective trees in this game, so no offense.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Jun 18, 2014, 2:20:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info