Snapshotting

Yeah. The real question is how bad will be desync after this update.
"
Xasrai wrote:

The clear gain is this: 1 Single defensive 6L'd Undying Evangelist isn't the equivalent of 1/4 of 4. Having 4 of them benefits you not much more than a single one. Being able to rid yourself of 3 redundant Evangelists BY SWAPPING OUT YOUR GEMS AND SNAPSHOTTING YOUR EVANGELIST means that you can INCREASE your DPS while getting more than 1/4 of the protection that 4 Evangelists would offer. That is a net increase of >25% in defence AND and increase of 75% in offence. 3 Offence + 1 Defence is >100% because that defence doesn't scale with more evangelists.

You know it, you just choose to ignore this reality. It's bullshit, GGG has spoken and is changing it.

Deal with it.

...what in the hell are you talking about?

HOW IS THAT A NET GAIN? what you just said is refuted by simply having 4 offensive spectres!

deal with it: you don't know what you're talking about.

your own argument indicates that going from 4 offensive to 3 or less offensive and 1 or more defensive is a net loss. hahahahaha. your own example refutes your own claim!
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 18, 2014, 5:50:46 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
beeing able to summon 1 defensiv , 2 offensiv and 1 utility spectre is by far superior to 4 defensiv or 4 offensiv zpectre. Period.

explain.

you won't. because you can't.

it's a very complex concept, called synergy. Very unlikely but if you grow up, you may understand t.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
beeing able to summon 1 defensiv , 2 offensiv and 1 utility spectre is by far superior to 4 defensiv or 4 offensiv zpectre. Period.

explain.

you won't. because you can't.

it's a very complex concept, called synergy. Very unlikely but if you grow up, you may understand t.

is this diablo 2? please explain these skill synergies.

...do you guys even know what utility spectres are? i would argue that they're INFERIOR to other spectres, 99% of the time...

i mean, unless you have no skill slots to allocate a curse to.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Jun 18, 2014, 5:52:36 AM
not sure it is worth it to lose my time with a beginner troll. Try to go beyond lvl 2 ( seems the limit you reach for most of your chars ) and you may discover some interesting game mechanism.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 18, 2014, 5:52:29 AM
It's clear that robmafia is not capable of understanding or just doesn't want to.
And since he seems to be only 1 of these selected (very) few people who don't understand this, I will refrain of dealing with him further.

@Malone: It's not worth it.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jun 18, 2014, 5:54:03 AM
"
robmafia wrote:

HOW IS THAT A NET GAIN? what you just said is refuted by simply having 4 offensive spectres!

No. If you can have 4 offensive spectres, each puts out a total of 25% dps for a total of 100%.
With me so far?

By removing one spectre it drops to 75%.

If you have 4 Evangelists, removing one of them reduces your defensive capabilities by... nothing. Removing 2 of them reduces your defences by? That's RIGHT, NOTHING. And removing the third reduces the defensive capabilities by, you guessed it: NOTHING.

So 1 Evangelist is as capable as 4 Evangelists.

So, By having 1 Evangelist, and 3 Offensive spectres, you actually get 100% of the defensive capabilities AND 75% of the offensive capabilities for a total of 175% offence + defence capabilities (As compared to going all of one or the other.)

That's the net gain.
"
Malone wrote:
not sure it is worth it to lose my time with a beginner troll. Try to go beyond lvl 2 ( seems the limit you reach for most of your chars ) and you may discover some interesting game mechanism.

please, tell me more about how it's SUPERIOR to use 1 utility spectre in the mix.

or tell me more about the summoner synergies that poe doesn't have yet.
[Removed by Support]

"
Xasrai wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

To be fair, the very next sentence is
"
Raising a spectre and swapping out supports to raise a spectre of a different type allows spectres raised from the same gem to benefit from an entirely different set of support gems.
- as an example of another advantage gained from snapshotting.

how is that an advantage?!

either way, one has the same amount of spectres with the same amount of supports! there's no net gain. there's no downside that's bypassed - except boredom.

monotony aside - what difference does it make if you have 4 5L spectres with the same supports vs 4 5L spectres with individual supports - as long as the amount of supports is equal to or lesser than the available slots?

the only gain i see from it is that it's way less boring to mix it up than to have 4 evangelists or 4 tentacle creations or 4 burning miscreations or 4 archer statues or 4 colossal skeletons or 4 necromancers or 4 snakes or 4 bears or etc.

If you have two different types of spectres, 1 type supported with 5 support gems and the other type supported with 4 other support gems, you have a net 9 support gems for the cost of one item and 1 minion gem. Surely you can see how that is unfair compared to other builds?[/quote]

well i see what u try there - but thats a wrong thinking! the specre does not have 9supportet gems - it would have on a 5l item (1gem raise spectre + 4supportet gems) - so if u, lets say for an example summon 4 different spectres - each of those spectres would have 4 support gems - none of those would have 9 or whatever number u were thinking of!

surely u cant see it! :)
Last edited by Leunam3 on Jun 18, 2014, 5:58:26 AM
"
Xasrai wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

No. If you can have 4 offensive spectres, each puts out a total of 25% dps for a total of 100%.
With me so far?

By removing one spectre it drops to 75%.

If you have 4 Evangelists, removing one of them reduces your defensive capabilities by... nothing. Removing 2 of them reduces your defences by? That's RIGHT, NOTHING. And removing the third reduces the defensive capabilities by, you guessed it: NOTHING.

So 1 Evangelist is as capable as 4 Evangelists.

So, By having 1 Evangelist, and 3 Offensive spectres, you actually get 100% of the defensive capabilities AND 75% of the offensive capabilities for a total of 175% offence + defence capabilities (As compared to going all of one or the other.)

That's the net gain.

really? so 1 evangelist's defense = 4 evangelists' defense? news to me. i'm also curious how you're quantifying defense, and allocating it with the DPS.

175%, eh? wow. hahahahahahahahahahaahaha. wtf are you talking about? did you actually type that crap? that's wonderful. please explain how utility spectres and non-evangelists factor into that? ooooooooops!

let me guess... adding a necromancer for cursing gives you 100% cursing, 100% defense, and 50% offense? wow, that's 250%!!! clearly, that's the best of all!

...lolz.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Jun 18, 2014, 5:59:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info