Summon Raging Spirit

the ''Can summon up to 50 raging spirits at a time''
is that per rage spirit-gem, or in total?

I was testing some cwdt-rage spirits
and I only have 3 of them linked atm (2*low lvl and 1big lvl)
if I have 10-16 rage spirits linked to cwdt gems, and I hit myself via selfcursed punishments, every 0.0001sec (like ground slam)

do I have a limit of 50rage spirit per char or per gem?

my test screen

----------------

srry for spam, figured it out myself!

sadly its in total, same like skellies

as my next screen shows, 2*lvl1 skelletons-linked to cwdt, and I can never have above 4 skellies at ones

I did a little search on this thread but couldn't find the specific answer, so here it goes, sorry if it was answered before.

Do Raging Spirits summoned by a totem benefit from my increased minion damage%?
Yeah, totems cast with your stats. However, your Raging Spirits will also do 50% less damage, because that's how spell totems roll.
This skill is pretty crap. Even with proper minion investments, a spell like Spark does far more damage than the skulls do.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
[Removed]
Last edited by Periphery on Sep 13, 2014, 2:05:58 AM
"
Periphery wrote:
The problem with the skill is that it is not well balanced. For example.

Dual Totems/Single Spell = Worst than self casting. (Why? Because Spell Totem Reduces Damage Output by 50% and you also lose a skill gem slot). If you don't have 6 Links and you are not running Wrath, Anger, Haste and Bone Offering you will not be doing sufficient damage.

You can't run Arctic Armour because your mana is being drained too much from summoning them. You have no Armour, Evasion or Energy Shield, Life Regeneration and Life Leech as a result of making them doing sufficient damage.

If the base duration was raised from 3.5 seconds to 7 seconds, increased their damage by 20% and you lowered how many you can cast down to 30 OR you make them the first projectile minion and changed the limit. Only then they would start to be viable.

If you were to level with this skill from level 1. It would be an absolute nightmare. A Flameblast or Searing Bond without any support gems would be more sufficient.

This skill has an amazing concept based around it but it definitely needs to be revisited.

4L : SRS - Faster Casting - Inc.Dur (20/20)- Multistrike. (also the 45% inc.. Buff duration from tree below Scion start)

Given you use Auranodes and Wrath - Anger - Haste:

Lets take you get 100% Faster Casting through Haste, FC and Gear/tree -> 0.4 Casttime, 7,7 Duration = 19,25.

You get 19 RS out. RS has base att.spd. of 1.63. which gets buffed up to ~6 Att/sec through Haste + Flesh Offering and Multistrike. (not factored in Tree Skillpoints!)

If all are Hitting a Boss you get 114 Hits/Second with Wrath/Anger/Basedmg, Nearly doubling that with Vaal Haste!

As long as you can cast them freely, they absolutly melt Bosses (even if they die, with lvl 20 they do ~ 600 fire dmg with minion instability).

This is by far the best Spell to get EleAuras onto Bosses.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Jun 17, 2014, 8:58:04 PM
I cant believe they die to aoe damage makes them pretty worthless.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
With the new patch and the recent update to summon raging spirit, could we get some updated values on their damage numbers? I believe Rory posted a spreadsheet with hidden minion values 3 months ago-ish. Any updated info will be much appreciated!
IGN: Jintoboy
I am just gonna come out and say it...

What happened to this skill gem in recent months is a classic example of listening to the crowds rather than looking at the data.

It needs to be reviewed because right now it is the single fastest boss killing skill in he game. It can also clear maps as at absurd speeds too.

Streamers are just now beginning to realize it and this skill will be the flavor of the month for the new 3 month league. PLayers may not lvl with it but once in maps it is unparalleled.
SRS is currently building up to be the next arc.

Take this build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/974627

This guy is doing like 1.4 million DPS.

No crazy gear needed.

just look at how trivial the trio in the Apex becomes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFREzQPmwd0

Reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2dd402/incoming_srs_nerf_summon_raging_spirit/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info