Storm Call

Something i have noticed is that in large groups, even more so in a group with minions, is that it is nearly impossible to detect where the monster you want to kill is. The problem is this skill dosnt auto target your target, so even if you are "targeting" said enemy, Storm call will still cast where your mouse pointer is. Would be very nice to be changed to prioritize your target rather then then where your mouse is pointed at.
After reading the desync remarks, I also noticed some desyncs and warping me a bit back while using this character. Can't recall I had this with other characters.

/edit

There is indeed some kind of bug causing desync while using storm call. My fps is constant around 60 and ping 15.
It seems to happen when you hold the mouse button for a while and when the storm is casted and pending, it seems to desync when you start walking right after.
Last edited by tr4nznrg on Dec 4, 2013, 1:14:07 PM
The quality on the gem is lackluster. It adds a measly 3.2% crit chance.
Mytharia - Summoner (Ambush)
Mythriadne - EK Scion
Myriadne - Summoner

where did the .2 come from?
base crit of gem is 4% and quality increases by 4% per point.
crit chance boosts work on the 4%. if you have none, then it is 5% because that is lowest crit chance.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
where did the .2 come from?
base crit of gem is 4% and quality increases by 4% per point.
crit chance boosts work on the 4%. if you have none, then it is 5% because that is lowest crit chance.

4+(4*0,8) = 7,2
IGN: Aqur
I bet storm call is the same spell the dome guys use but with lightning damage.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
try adding passives to that, and yes thats how it works... but now i'm glad you didn't say "2.2" =p
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
try adding passives to that, and yes thats how it works... but now i'm glad you didn't say "2.2" =p

I made a crit-based witch using Lightning Warp (base crit 5) and Q17 Storm call (base crit 4, 68% increased critical strike chance ~ which translates to an additional 2.72 crit chance) and Arc (base crit 4)

Character Sheet Spell Critical Strike Chance displays the following:

Lightning Warp = 35.1%
Storm Call = 30.8%
Arc = 28.1%

30.8 - 28.1 = 2.7

Therefore, 17% Quality Storm Call just added 2.72 Crit Chance. Passives that increase crit work only on the base 4% crit. The base crit is not modified by the quality on the gem.

Hence, quality is very lackluster. 1% quality on the gem adds a measly 0.16% Crit chance.
Mytharia - Summoner (Ambush)
Mythriadne - EK Scion
Myriadne - Summoner

I am also having the same problem with the damage of Storm Call desyncing like crazy. I think what's happening has to do with being stunned. I can currently cast 5 marks before detonation, but the 5th one barely comes out as the first starts detonating. If I only cast 4 markers, I never have the desyncing problem.

So, I imagine what happens is that when I'm casting 5 markers, on my screen it looks as if they all went off, but on the server I may have been stunned for a fraction of a second causing the 5th marker to go off too late and not detonate, resulting in desync damage happening because there is an invisible marker down.
If you wanna make a d2 fist of the heavens like spell, do not delay it ffs

Lightning from the skies.
Targeted.
arc from above you see

:p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info