Storm Call

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2024, 1:35:37 AM
This skill seems to be very useful for stacking shock stacks.

Oh yea first.

I use this skill on a Triple totem templar with lightning pen solo/ ele prolif party, inc aoe, conc eff, and fast cast.

I have static blows plus some increase aoe nodes, but thats about it.

Seems pretty good leveling solo, once i hit 65+ i tried a few parties and the dps seemed lacking. I also did some entry level 66 maps solo it was pretty faceroll. the only problem i have with this spell is in parties i feel weak.

Also it might cause people to have siezures the way it flashes.

Last edited by Gangrenous on Dec 2, 2013, 7:51:01 PM
Right now the skill sucks ehh....
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Right now, I am leveling my templar (first one where I felt any compulsion to go past level 52...ever...), and it was incredibly fun to just blow stuff up. Then I saw someone mention the Malachai mask that increased both elemental and lightning damage and boom! dps shot through the roof. I do feel that it could have a slight increase minimum damage...or someway to increase it would be nice. Kinda looses it's umph when you can occasionally 1-shot rares with a 2-3 markers, but sometimes it will take a couple full volleys to kill a blue.
But, that's a minor issue. As I said, I am kinda stacking as much damage as I can (and my only death has been when I forgot that cruel dominus was actually impossible within 10 levels of the stated level requirement...and didn't group). I got pretty god-like gear, to be honest.
I do run into one problem: ele reflect! lol. For the first time since closed beta has ele reflect actually nearly killed me. And that's kinda fun because in this particular situation, I can actually do something about it other than "decrease damage" or "increase gear." I can just not lay down as many markers, or throw down a few lightning traps. And that kinda strategy is something that's not simulated in any other skill from what I could tell.
All-in-all, it feels really fun and extremely versatile, and when built well, very high damage. I have yet to get into "end game" but, on Act 2 Merc, and still having a blast. Please, don't nerf this skill it's the only one I've not been completely bored of in 30 levels of using it.
One last thing: I just feel that the quality bonus simply isn't all that great. Crit chance...well...meh... but that's a personal opinion.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Dec 2, 2013, 9:08:01 PM
Very usefull spell. The delay is of course bad, but that's the right kind of tradeoff for a spell like this. Building a witch suddenly does not feel that gimp anymore. Would be nice to have other spells at the same power level though. As such a pure caster is very limited.
This spell has highest maximum damage of all the spells (not counting discharge thats another case) which makes it pretty deadly if built correctly.
This spell seems to have some trouble with what I think is deync. The damage sometimes seems delayed. For example, I will cast it and it will detonate, and then sometimes mobs will take damage a second later. They will animate as if they haven't been touched and then just fall over and die.

I have seen others say this so I don't think it's just me. I don't normally experience heavy desync, playing with a constant ~80ms.
"
unkempt wrote:
This spell seems to have some trouble with what I think is deync. The damage sometimes seems delayed. For example, I will cast it and it will detonate, and then sometimes mobs will take damage a second later. They will animate as if they haven't been touched and then just fall over and die.

I have seen others say this so I don't think it's just me. I don't normally experience heavy desync, playing with a constant ~80ms.

Thinking about it some more, I probably should note I am using it linked with Faster Casting, Conc Effect and Reduced Duration. Perhaps there is some type of bug with Reduced Duration where some of the markers aren't properly having their times reduced?
Double post.
Last edited by unkempt on Dec 3, 2013, 3:18:22 PM
Currently having the same issue.
When i spam Storm Call, monsters are losing health before the skill graphically hits, and causing desync' aswell, meaning that i'm losing health/energy shield before getting actually hit graphically wise.

The skill is otherwise pretty balance. Good damage, good cast speed and limited by the 1.5s marker (or lower, or higher, depending on supports and such), which can be troublesome versus fast runners and dashers.

Mostly, the desync' issue definitely needs to be looked at.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info