Arc

There are a lot of good things about Arc!

-It looks pretty!
-It has a zappy sound!
-It's a spell, so you can spend all your mana on it, almost without noticing!
-You can sell it with an iron ring to get lightning resist!
-You can combo it with a spell totem and chain and cast arc/chain yourself and make the screen all pretty without having to worry about anything dying!

sigh

I wish I could actually use this spell. Chain lightnings and such have always been one of my favourite spell effects in games, but this sure doesn't feel like one. Mostly it is because it can't be combined with any support gems, and even the basic spell is lackluster from DPS POV. If it actually had fork and chain both from the beginning, or could be augmented with fork later, then it would become the perfect Chain Lightning, not this... zappy zappy thingy for breaking pots.
I wonder if there is any point to give feedback at all, probably not.
▄█▀█▀█
No feedback required, GGG feels that this skill is perfectly balanced. Which is a shame really, it's really easy to balance this skill and make it worthy of using. As of right now there is no point of choosing the ARC over the Sparks, you need to buff this skill somehow, many ideas have been introduced in this thread.

Listen to the fking feedback developers!

Lvl 17 ARC, 1800+DPS user.
Ye genius balanced this gem

1. LA with 5k dps hitting 10 targets at once = balanced

2. LS with 5k dps multistriking 1/3 of screen = balanced

3. Spork totem with 1k dps shotgunning or cleaning whole rooms+1 at once = balanced

1,2,3 = dont care about mana = balanced

ARC without ability to use support gems cannot clean even fking boxes when there is enemy bcs its random jumping will be wasted on mob while not killing him in 10mins while you are out of mana with 60mana cost spell with 300 dps = balanced

lets add new horns

▄█▀█▀█
"
TheDiALuP wrote:
No feedback required, GGG feels that this skill is perfectly balanced. Which is a shame really, it's really easy to balance this skill and make it worthy of using. As of right now there is no point of choosing the ARC over the Sparks, you need to buff this skill somehow, many ideas have been introduced in this thread.

so much ignorance..

There haven't been any modifications made on arc since its release because it is "balanced" from their POV. you have a limited understanding of all the mechanics at play and/or you are very bad at looking at the big picture to even come up with a viable build. Also, if GGG does intend to change it, they may be planning something with it but are dealing with other more pressing issues ATM.

it's their game so sit your ass down and behave
A way to increase build and skill gem diversity:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307289#p2659471
Last edited by nociception on Apr 16, 2013, 6:14:51 PM
"
nociception wrote:

so much ignorance..

There haven't been any modifications made on arc since its release because it is "balanced" from their POV. you have a limited understanding of all the mechanics at play and/or you are very bad at looking at the big picture to even come up with a viable build. Also, if GGG does intend to change it, they may be planning something with it but are dealing with other more pressing issues ATM.

Do all of us a favour and google the definition of feedback you clown. Unbelievable how people like yourself always think they have to white knight developers, yet this part of the forum was added to give feedback, which is something that should not only be positive, after all theres not really a point in giving positive feedback. Honestly people like yourself are a waste of cells.
Last edited by nynyny on Apr 17, 2013, 2:18:39 PM
"
nynyny wrote:

Do all of us a favour and google the definition of feedback you clown. Unbelievable how people like yourself always think they have to white knight developers, yet this part of the forum was added to give feedback, which is something that should not only be positive, after all theres not really a point in giving positive feedback. Honestly people like yourself are a waste of cells.

When did I argue for or against the feedback system?
Until you develop some basic critical thinking skills, please do us and the rest of society a favor and stick with playing video games.
A way to increase build and skill gem diversity:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307289#p2659471
"
nociception wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

When did I argue for or against the feedback system?
Until you develop some basic critical thinking skills, please do us and the rest of society a favor and stick with playing video games.

Kinda ironic something like this is coming from you after just telling people to stop bitching and wait for GGG to do something about it (or not do anything because they think its balanced).
Mana cost numbers...

@ 37-40 mana for a decent level gem compared to 15-20 on any archer skill + the ability to hit 15+ targets with ease with any arrow skill why would anyone run this skill? And to bring the argument back the caster side why would anyone use this over fireball or ice spear??? I think I will stick with my ele archer and fireball marauder...And wth is with the 50% damage effectiveness? Add in chain and it is 100% decrease in damage effectiveness. Yikes...No wonder I see NO ONE using this skill.

Mana cost needs to be cut in 1/2 or 1/3. Maybe allow LMP to work too?

Not to mention this skill has no Taryn Shiver or Searing Staff like weapon to use with it...

EDIT: Alright so it is beta so I decided despite everything I have read and the math I will roll an arc spec and see how it goes so I can give some hands on feedback. LvL 38 now. Will come back and give a detailed report.
Last edited by johnce6 on Apr 27, 2013, 12:23:44 AM
"
nociception wrote:
"
TheDiALuP wrote:

so much ignorance..

If I have a "limited understanding" then you must have NO understanding whatsoever on how useless this skill is. Are you even an arc user buddy?
What are these "mechanics" you speak of, the arc is the most underpowered light spell as it is, plain and simple. A quick way to change that would be a shock chance increase and see how it goes from there, not sitting on your ass and thinking it's balanced when 90% of the people here disagree.

I don't care what you think GGG is dealing with nor did I ask of your opinion.
There has been no update in forever and I think me and players here that actually did give feedback would like some word on wtf is going on.

But you buddy can fuck out of this thread and juggle some balls somewhere else.
Last edited by TheDiALuP on Apr 27, 2013, 2:23:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info