Arc

"
Yawne wrote:

But give Arc some love... pretty pretty please.

Sign this, completely agree.

I think adding chains to it as it levels similar to split arrow would also help.

The problem with Arc is that is good at nothing, it sucks it large packs, it's decent with 2 targets, and it sucks single target.

It needs to be good at something.
Last edited by Plastic_Cup on Mar 27, 2013, 7:40:44 PM
Also a fan of arc (but not because it is any good). Would love to lose the initial auto target hit for more dmg or losing that damage effectiveness. There are bigger aoe spell that scale far better due to the damage effectiveness... mega rage.

Surprised to see you can run arc so well, I assume this is thanks to blood magic. Seems to pay off a lot better than what I did, but than again I went full retard trying to make hybrid gear work. So much work left in this game, so much... :(
Last edited by Ozgwald on Mar 28, 2013, 6:50:10 AM
Yeah Arc needs buffs...plain and simple.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Nova and Warp are perfectly viable skills.
Nova is viable but not suggested or recommended, as other skills are far superior. Lets not sugar coat things if we want this game to do well and be better. Everyone uses the same ~5 skills end game for a reason, and its silly.

I can probably make a similar case for Warp when comparing it to other movement skills.
Last edited by boohead on Mar 28, 2013, 4:58:49 PM
Currently a lvl 75 lightning witch in HC. Doing 66-70 maps with a LA ranger mate. Currently really questioning whether this build is viable. Main problem I find is that when it comes to damage output, even with ~40 percent chance to shock I have to rely on teammates to do the bulk. It's especially pitiful when it's a single target. I also feel the 50% damage effectiveness kind've ruins a lot of the utility of support gems. I have to use arc + an arc totem just to break even.

I don't have mana issues after going into Eldritch Battery. I use discipline and clarity and that puts me at 140+ mana regen per second. With faster casting and lightning pen/added lightning damage I'm at 66 mana cost per hit, so that isn't the issue at all. I can spam that non stop. I don't even use mana potions anymore. But despite me spamming, unless it's 2 targets, arc is mediocre at best, and pales in comparison as a main damage output.

I sit at 1263 dps with lightning pen, and 1412 dps with added lightning damage.

I do like arc a lot, I like the chain mechanic a lot, I like the range, the look. It's all good. I just hate the fact that it pales in comparison to most other damage dealing spells.
My first arc witch (EB + high life) was a failure due to one problem: the low damage. I was at 1800 dps (Arc + lightning penetration + faster casting + item quantity). In comparison to other spells this is very low. This build represents the "common" damage/life choices provided by the witch / templar tree. My dps would most likely not have exceeded 2300 dps at max gem levels.

I rerolled my witch and went for a RF + ZO build and it is working out quite well. I have to admit though that this is due to the OPness of RF. I am currently at 2950 dps (Arc + mana leech + faster casting + item quantity). When my gems level up to 20 (currently 18) and I get a 5L (iron will!) I will pretty sure reach 3800 dps.

If I had the new op unique items I would go low life and add pain attunement. I would reach 5k dps this way and still have enough survivability. Sounds nice but in reality I would have 12k dps with other spells and the exact same setup.

I think Arc gets underestimated a lot due to the low damage. If you factor in shock stacking and the long range instant hit the spell gets semi-decent. A medium damage buff, 1-2 more bounces and it should be fine and on par with spark.
Last edited by inf666 on Mar 29, 2013, 7:14:22 AM
"
inf666 wrote:
My first arc witch (EB + high life) was a failure due to one problem: the low damage. I was at 1800 dps (Arc + lightning penetration + faster casting + item quantity). In comparison to other spells this is very low. This build represents the "common" damage/life choices provided by the witch / templar tree. My dps would most likely not have exceeded 2300 dps at max gem levels.

I rerolled my witch and went for a ROF build and it is working out quite well. I have to admit though that this is due to the OPness of ROF. I am currently at 2950 dps (Arc + mana leech + faster casting + item quantity). When my gems level up to 20 (currently 18) and I get a 5L (iron will!) I will pretty sure reach 3800 dps.

If I had the new op unique items I would go low life and add pain attunement. I would reach 5k dps this way and still have enough survivability. Sounds nice but in reality I would have 12k dps with other spells and the exact same setup.

I think Arc gets underestimated a lot due to the low damage. If you factor in shock stacking and the long range instant hit the spell gets semi-decent. A medium damage buff, 1-2 more bounces and it should be fine and on par with spark.

What is a ROF build?
"
Dempseyyy wrote:

What is a ROF build?

Ah thank you for pointing out my mistake. I meant RF + ZO: Righteous Fire + Zealots Oath (Passive skill).

Basically you need 90% fire res, 4500 ES and about 4,7% Life regen.
Last edited by inf666 on Mar 29, 2013, 7:17:52 AM
"
boohead wrote:
Nova is viable but not suggested or recommended, as other skills are far superior.

Not everything has to be ~the best zomg~ to be viable. You don't need someone else to 'recommend' a skill for you to be able to kill shit with it.
Nova kills shit. It does what it's intended to do. Whether you like using it or not is a different matter.

Warp allows you to deal noticable Lightning damage (Shock is overpowered), and cast other Spells during movement. That's pretty damn cool. QS Flasks make it very quick if you need it to be. It's also hilarious on Totems.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
boohead wrote:
Nova is viable but not suggested or recommended, as other skills are far superior.

Not everything has to be ~the best zomg~ to be viable. You don't need someone else to 'recommend' a skill for you to be able to kill shit with it.
Nova kills shit. It does what it's intended to do. Whether you like using it or not is a different matter.

Warp allows you to deal noticable Lightning damage (Shock is overpowered), and cast other Spells during movement. That's pretty damn cool. QS Flasks make it very quick if you need it to be. It's also hilarious on Totems.

Hopefully the devs don't agree with this, because everyone mostly using EK and FP for spells is getting boring.

Balance is good, having most spells be "niche" and killing 5x slower just to look unique isn't.
Last edited by boohead on Mar 29, 2013, 3:05:21 PM
EK and FP are overpowered is the issue there. They stand far above all other Spells in damage potential, and in the case of FP, defensive value as well. That's an issue with those two Spells, not every other Spell besides those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info