Arc

"
Darkmode wrote:
but please dont do base crit higher, i hate it when you have to go with all builds on crit...

this skill is NO AoE and NO Projetile, what should you skill else beside Spelldamage and Cast Speed than Crit?
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Mar 15, 2013, 5:24:43 PM
"
vajura wrote:

Arc will never ever outdamage spark as a AOE spell or single target spell.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.
A way to increase build and skill gem diversity:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307289#p2659471
hey guys. i have some trouble with arc. taking a node +chance to crit and........ its not work. i still 5% with 2 nodes. and item options like +global crit dont work too
Last edited by Aperitif on Mar 17, 2013, 1:39:12 PM
"
Aperitif wrote:
hey guys. i have some trouble with arc. taking a node +chance to crit and........ its not work. i still 5% with 2 nodes. and item options like +global crit dont work too

Crit % works on the base crit, it's not a flat amount added to your crit chance which would be broken. If you get +15%, it's 15% of the 4% crit of Arc, which adds 0.6crit %.
"
Crit % works on the base crit, it's not a flat amount added to your crit chance which would be broken. If you get +15%, it's 15% of the 4% crit of Arc, which adds 0.6crit %.

have another problem. my arc always 5% crit chance. with nodes, without nodes, with items, without....... for exaple i test preezing pulse, with node +15% crit chance FP was 6.9.
with 2 nodes +15% and +45% arc still 5%, but other spells crit chance grow
"
Super_Tree wrote:
Hey, im not sure i have anything amazingly constructive to say compared to the other people with revamp ideas etc,etc.

However, im a lvl 78 templar, with arc, 5 link chest armour containing Arc, Life Leech, Iron Will, Faster Casting and Item Quantity- my DPS is 1343

- And i cant help but feel that my ranger team mates are completely overshadowing me in damage during maps, and that i should pretty much just stack anything which would raise the likelyhood of a lot of 'shock' status effects and just drop the damage part, haha, i feel my single target damage gets hugely overshadowed and AOE as well and im a bit unsure how to raise my damage further as im not even seeing any high-profile successful Arc builds out there

Also i dont know how to post my items so i cant really go further into it-

Anyway, thats my input, hope it helps

Edit: OH i nearly forgot, i do see that a lot of people are complaining about mana cost, i do agree on this that its quite hefty, im not having any 'severe' issues tho, not to be a downer to all the other people using arc, however, it might be cause i have largely attempted to counter this by putting myself out of the way a little, using eldritch battery + clarity and discipline, and im using low cost support gems, (2 no cost gems), on another note, awkwardly enough i do actually still have issues with -50% regen maps with all this precaution.

you have the point, but arc was not what you think it is. Arc is not a dps skill,basicaly it was a support skill. Why?

As first i was a Arc witch having 3.5k dps with mana leech, life leech, faster cast, light penetration, elemental proliferation. Well you can see that i have only one support dps gem which is faster cast. That because of my build work around Shock status effect. Im getting 40% chance to shock and 90% shock duration (without cure). Im not really strong in 1v1 unique boss, but if deal with a group of mods. As many as mods were as strong as i gain. I just need to cast 2~3 cast and all the mods got Shockx3 stack(read more about elemental proliferation, a non-reward gem as strong as GMP in my opinion). After 2~3 hit, my real dps x2.2 and it also work for every party members.

Every one might say that arc is nothing when compare with spark but it wasn't like that. It must be weak, high mana cost cause when using it the right way you likely gain instance critical hit by Shock.
@Eltiano / @Astantine
I really hope this skill get enough attention to GGG and make some changes to it, because atm it's just very gear dependent to make it near usefull compare to other skills. I myself was so excited, when I got Q16, but at like lvl45 my witch don't even deal nearly as much as my lvl20 Shadow SplitArrow, no near AoE and overall usefullness in the game. I feel so ashamed of this skill, since my IRl is Arc. I'm not saying this skill is utterly trash, but you know what I mean.
IGN: ArcZero
©ArcZero™
Wish there was a way for it to chain more often. Still a lovely little skill. Because of its range, I totally ignore Spark and use Arc instead in almost all situations.
Arc looks good, "feels" good to use, sounds good, but performs badly :(
"
ospirit wrote:
"
Super_Tree wrote:
Hey, im not sure i have anything amazingly constructive to say compared to the other people with revamp ideas etc,etc.

However, im a lvl 78 templar, with arc, 5 link chest armour containing Arc, Life Leech, Iron Will, Faster Casting and Item Quantity- my DPS is 1343

- And i cant help but feel that my ranger team mates are completely overshadowing me in damage during maps, and that i should pretty much just stack anything which would raise the likelyhood of a lot of 'shock' status effects and just drop the damage part, haha, i feel my single target damage gets hugely overshadowed and AOE as well and im a bit unsure how to raise my damage further as im not even seeing any high-profile successful Arc builds out there

Also i dont know how to post my items so i cant really go further into it-

Anyway, thats my input, hope it helps

Edit: OH i nearly forgot, i do see that a lot of people are complaining about mana cost, i do agree on this that its quite hefty, im not having any 'severe' issues tho, not to be a downer to all the other people using arc, however, it might be cause i have largely attempted to counter this by putting myself out of the way a little, using eldritch battery + clarity and discipline, and im using low cost support gems, (2 no cost gems), on another note, awkwardly enough i do actually still have issues with -50% regen maps with all this precaution.

you have the point, but arc was not what you think it is. Arc is not a dps skill,basicaly it was a support skill. Why?

As first i was a Arc witch having 3.5k dps with mana leech, life leech, faster cast, light penetration, elemental proliferation. Well you can see that i have only one support dps gem which is faster cast. That because of my build work around Shock status effect. Im getting 40% chance to shock and 90% shock duration (without cure). Im not really strong in 1v1 unique boss, but if deal with a group of mods. As many as mods were as strong as i gain. I just need to cast 2~3 cast and all the mods got Shockx3 stack(read more about elemental proliferation, a non-reward gem as strong as GMP in my opinion). After 2~3 hit, my real dps x2.2 and it also work for every party members.

Every one might say that arc is nothing when compare with spark but it wasn't like that. It must be weak, high mana cost cause when using it the right way you likely gain instance critical hit by Shock.

This is the thing that bugs me the most.

There is no incentive to cast it yourself. I'm better dual toteming up and use double Arc Totems and occasionally Spork Totems throwing minions at shocked stacked targets because I get more damage done.

I have a level 67 lightning witch, levelled most lightning based spells to see how they are. Arc happens to be an odd one because it nearly solves the issue with just running around with Spark (because Shock Nova is lol no).

Early game, its very effective, high mana cost at the start but that's fair considering how good when you first get it. Mid game, damage is still good even tho' it trails Spark. Not many supports you could use other than Fasting Casting. Late game, Spell Totem'd. I already had it totem'd before but I only cast Arc to cheese some things off screen or when elevation/line of sight becomes an issue. Also the mana cost tails off, but you're probably increasing Fasting Casting at this point where it's much more difficult to sustain compared to other spells. Ethereal Knives is way more expensive.

So what you have is a spell that starts expensive, starts really good, and tails off in mana cost and damage compared to other skills. I feel that this is one of the best totem skills, but makes me kinda sad that lightning witches don't have that one spell that they can aim with. Lightning witch, support caster, forever.

So what would I change? Probably make it gain +1 chain at higher level maybe. Reduce 1 chain for the first 4-5 levels. Reduce early mana cost to reflect change, but this is basically going back to what it was...

What I'd like to see - make this skill chargeable - so its gains more chains and/or increase it's minimum damage (not it's maximum - so it deals damage more reliably); release to cast. Linked to totem, it spams still like as it is. Does that change blow it out the water? No, but makes me want to cast it myself.

The other alternate thought I had was when you charged it, it would be like the Channelling Lightning Ribbons, where all the chains went to a single target. Could be too good tho'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info