Reave

"
raics wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

any why are you using Reave (aoe skill) vs Piety (Single target)? youd have killed her faster with any other 6Linked skill

And then again, he might not, seems he uses concentrated effect and that's the fourth multiplicative bonus on his setup. Double strike multiplies dps by 1,4 (two attacks at 0,7 each) while conc effect does it by 1,7 and there's nothing special he could put on DS it to even it out. Ok, added fire, but then again he may put that on Reave too if he gets more leech on gear.

are you sure that Concentrated Effect affects the HIT (single target) part of the skill? because im not so certain about that. if reduces the AOE and AOE damage, but is the very hit considered AOE dmg? and do not trust the paper dps to see if it works or not
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Special0ps wrote:

Here's a little demonstration of reave in action, soloing Merciless Piety with 14k dps 6L Reave(note that I do not have have vaal pact yet(3 lvls to go! :) and still alot of dps nodes to take as ive concentrated mostly on defense lvling up)and will also end up changing the setup(adding additionnal accuracy and maybe removing conc effect once i get enough dps without it)

14k dps.. with that Auto Attack looks awesome. with that gear you probably can make whirling blades viable

any why are you using Reave (aoe skill) vs Piety (Single target)? youd have killed her faster with any other 6Linked skill

I 100% rather leap slam to whirling blades, i find whirling blades kinda slow compared to leap slam and with leap slam i feel i can control alot more where i land than with whirling blades.

I do not use another skill for single target since my highest dps is reave and changing skill everytime for single target would just be plain annoying and boring.
Rampage: xGyoX
"
rednick18 wrote:
Does anyone know how leech and life on hit works with reave? It seems like i can't leech mana unless I'm up against the enemy even if my aoe is hitting them.

works as any other skill does, if you feel you arent leeching while u are hitting, then either your not leeching enough or your skill is taking too much mana.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

And then again, he might not, seems he uses concentrated effect and that's the fourth multiplicative bonus on his setup. Double strike multiplies dps by 1,4 (two attacks at 0,7 each) while conc effect does it by 1,7 and there's nothing special he could put on DS it to even it out. Ok, added fire, but then again he may put that on Reave too if he gets more leech on gear.

are you sure that Concentrated Effect affects the HIT (single target) part of the skill? because im not so certain about that. if reduces the AOE and AOE damage, but is the very hit considered AOE dmg? and do not trust the paper dps to see if it works or not

there is no "single target" part of reave, reave is an aoe skill at its base, so yes it is affected by conc effect. Boosts my dps by like 5K and it reduces the aoe effect on reave.
do you have anything besides 'i think' to support this? paper dps means nothing same as skill showing as 'affected by' conc. effect.

any dev comment on that?

i guess ill have to do some testing myself

tested - indeed it works. good to know, however how it makes any sense - i do not know..
Last edited by sidtherat on Aug 27, 2013, 4:05:59 PM
Currently Reave, when at full aoe stacks still acts as melee range.

ie: 8 stacks of aoe, you click on a mob and it puts you into melee range instead of at the range like cleave would.

Kind of redundant to have a ranged aoe melee that forces you into close melee range.

As is, the only way to take advantage of its range is to manually attack from a distance, and most likely be out of range of your target and thus losing your stacks.

Am I making any sence?
"
narg62 wrote:
Currently Reave, when at full aoe stacks still acts as melee range.

ie: 8 stacks of aoe, you click on a mob and it puts you into melee range instead of at the range like cleave would.

Kind of redundant to have a ranged aoe melee that forces you into close melee range.

As is, the only way to take advantage of its range is to manually attack from a distance, and most likely be out of range of your target and thus losing your stacks.

Am I making any sence?

I'm fine with the aoe forcing you into melee, it's supposed to be a melee ability and even if it has an effect added which allows you to back off it's still a melee skill so I can't complain.
It's actually completely possible to get up your 8 stacks and then back up and range mobs down anyways, I do it all the time using the shift key.

There is definitely an issue with this ability not hitting enemies it should be hitting though, and I'm going to make a thread about it on the bug report forum. It's not as simple as desync, I can assure you that.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Aug 28, 2013, 12:12:11 AM
Anyone else feel like the stacks reset just a bit too quickly? It seems like every time I feel like I'm getting going, there's just barely a big enough gap to cause Reave to reset, even if the 8stack wave kills an enemy.
IGN: Frostveil
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
A lot of people use daggers/claws with a shield, so by making this dual wield specific you stop half the claw/dagger population using it. Where is their skill? this skill is for both, works for both, favours attack speed and hence favours dual wield but is not limited to dual wield only.
not that it means much, but i really wanted to do a dagger + claw as dw. i am [now] reduced to using two different builds one for claw shield and one for dagger shield.

why? dagger and claw will be more dps and more effective than using this with a shield.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
A lot of people use daggers/claws with a shield, so by making this dual wield specific you stop half the claw/dagger population using it. Where is their skill? this skill is for both, works for both, favours attack speed and hence favours dual wield but is not limited to dual wield only.
not that it means much, but i really wanted to do a dagger + claw as dw. i am [now] reduced to using two different builds one for claw shield and one for dagger shield.

why? dagger and claw will be more dps and more effective than using this with a shield.
i don't dw in this situation for the 10% more attack speed. i wanted a cleave/dualstrike synergy type skill in order to get benefits of both adder's touch on dagger crits and the 12% life leech with claws. due to mechanics my refusal of still going ahead and do my dw build is pointless because each weapon crits independently still. making adders touch still only work with the dagger portion of the damage, however it would be more... consistent with a dual strike based attack. the 12% extra life leach with claws are just an added benefit and also only applies to the claw portion of the skill's damage.

tl:dr no important reason i didn't but i might as well get more survivability via shield. dps doesn't matter when it'll already be strong. i don't need to be dealing 6k damage per hit (not dps).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info