Reave

"
sidtherat wrote:
type /oos mid fight and youll see why you 'miss' so often

Ho seriously...it's a good job that you said to us!!!!
it's the same after /oos in mid , end fight...this skill is just bullshit : no unarmed mod, before 5 stack it's not an aoe, miss 1 time to 3 your fous target, no really original.

Well, I'm go back with cleave and double/dual strike. less dangerous. GGG made a mess of for this skill. they can't be always good.
"
meltaris wrote:
GGG made a mess of for this skill. they can't be always good.

And to make matters worse it could be an awesome little skill, with both templar and witch AoE clusters it sweeps an area unmatched by any other melee skill virtually becoming ranged, and all that with no damage penalty whatsoever. If you use multistrike, and you do if you know what's good for you, even stack generation and maintaining isn't a problem.

Now, what is the problem? Mild one is positioning. Usage is pretty static so you better be able to take some hits, movement skills are reserved for absolute 'oh shit' situations.
The severe one is desync, now, for some of the skills out there like Whirling or Leap slam I can understand the problem, you're moving, enemies are moving, you need info from server whether they're in the hit area or not and you need it fast... but this one really shouldn't desync more than freezing pulse, hell, even less. So it's probably some minor screwup in coding and it will get addressed soon.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
First of all, I'd like to start off by saying Amazing work GGG, as always!!! I'm loving Reave its an awesome addition to the numerous skills already at our disposal in PoE!!! I did think at the beginning that the stacks wear off too quickly. I rerolled a shadow from lvl 1 for a reave CI, phys 1h+shield and im loving it.

Now I did read through a few early posts and I've seen many people complaining about the charges wearing off so quickly, I disagree with this, if they didnt wear off so quickly it would be such a cookie cutter skill, get enough dps and just walk around and kill everything in your whole screen type of skill. I enjoy the fact that you have to remain very active with this skill if you want to keep pwning. I can tell you from lvling up from 1-70 with mainly using reave and double strike for single targets, that the progression with it does feel slow until you get multistrike but once u get it linked in there, oh boy does it become amazing!!! "It's designed to synergise with players building around attack speed, area of effect bonuses and on-hit effects"<------This, read it carefully

On another point, I am not 100% sure,correct me if i'm wrong, but I do believe that the area% increase on a Carcass Jack does not affect the aoe of reave(which disappointed me abit as it would be a really nice chest piece to use for it).

Here's a little demonstration of reave in action, soloing Merciless Piety with 14k dps 6L Reave(note that I do not have have vaal pact yet(3 lvls to go! :) and still alot of dps nodes to take as ive concentrated mostly on defense lvling up)and will also end up changing the setup(adding additionnal accuracy and maybe removing conc effect once i get enough dps without it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZrvuwkcNsg&feature=youtu.be

(Only 30 secs long, I have not bought Fraps yet as this is my first ever gameplay video i've recorded)

Enjoy and once again thank you GGG for an amazing job!!!!

P.S You can very well see that with a very high APS, you build those charges extremely quickly, at about 4 secs in the video I leap slam to piety, look at those charges go up!!!! ^_^
Rampage: xGyoX
Last edited by Special0ps on Aug 26, 2013, 10:26:43 PM
"
Special0ps wrote:
On another point, I am not 100% sure,correct me if i'm wrong, but I do believe that the area% increase on a Carcass Jack does not affect the aoe of reave(which disappointed me abit as it would be a really nice chest piece to use for it).

The Increased AoE on Carcass Jack is the same as every other source of Increased AoE (that's why it uses the exact same wording). It applies.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Special0ps wrote:

The Increased AoE on Carcass Jack is the same as every other source of Increased AoE (that's why it uses the exact same wording). It applies.

KK wasnt sure, didn't take the time to test it out. Thanks for the quick response
Rampage: xGyoX
"
Special0ps wrote:

Here's a little demonstration of reave in action, soloing Merciless Piety with 14k dps 6L Reave(note that I do not have have vaal pact yet(3 lvls to go! :) and still alot of dps nodes to take as ive concentrated mostly on defense lvling up)and will also end up changing the setup(adding additionnal accuracy and maybe removing conc effect once i get enough dps without it)

14k dps.. with that Auto Attack looks awesome. with that gear you probably can make whirling blades viable

any why are you using Reave (aoe skill) vs Piety (Single target)? youd have killed her faster with any other 6Linked skill

"
sidtherat wrote:

any why are you using Reave (aoe skill) vs Piety (Single target)? youd have killed her faster with any other 6Linked skill

And then again, he might not, seems he uses concentrated effect and that's the fourth multiplicative bonus on his setup. Double strike multiplies dps by 1,4 (two attacks at 0,7 each) while conc effect does it by 1,7 and there's nothing special he could put on DS it to even it out. Ok, added fire, but then again he may put that on Reave too if he gets more leech on gear.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 27, 2013, 3:52:02 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I just want the ability that was designed to go to the dual daggers/dual claws class to be useable with dual daggers and dual claws. I don't think that's asking a lot nor do I think there's any valid explanation why it wasn't designed that way to begin with. This ability's design is ridiculous. Allow it to be used with 2 weapons then balance it accordingly.

who said it was designed for dual claws/daggers? They said it would work with dual wield, the fact it wasnt designed to hit with both weapons like cleave/dual strike says it was not designed for dual wield. A lot of people use daggers/claws with a shield, so by making this dual wield specific you stop half the claw/dagger population using it. Where is their skill? this skill is for both, works for both, favours attack speed and hence favours dual wield but is not limited to dual wield only.

"
TehHammer wrote:
After using it for a bit I think the skill is pretty well balanced, but the biggest complaint I have is that sometimes you'll carry 8 charges from a pack that you've just killed to another pack, you'll get to the other pack and hit with the 8 charges, but by the time they've actually landed the charges expire. Perhaps the charges should jump back up to 8 if you land a hit with an 8 charge hit, even if the timer expires? I don't know. It just doesn't feel right as it currently sits.

Ya I get that, make it to next pack, land 2 hits on them with 8 charges up and then... they expire? Wut? I can see these monsters have lost health, they have been hit at a distance only possible with 8 charges but then Im taken down to 0 while in the act of hitting them. I can see why its possibly happening, youve explained it, theyre dropping while the hit waves are in mid air.

As has been suggested elsewhere I think the charges need to drop off gradually, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.. then if it drops to 7 while we are in the process of hitting at 8 it will go back up.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
A lot of people use daggers/claws with a shield, so by making this dual wield specific you stop half the claw/dagger population using it. Where is their skill? this skill is for both, works for both, favours attack speed and hence favours dual wield but is not limited to dual wield only.
not that it means much, but i really wanted to do a dagger + claw as dw. i am [now] reduced to using two different builds one for claw shield and one for dagger shield.
Does anyone know how leech and life on hit works with reave? It seems like i can't leech mana unless I'm up against the enemy even if my aoe is hitting them.
IGN: Nartu
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/lordgandalf16

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info