:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
I think the director is new on this Anime.

You think wrong. This guy's been a powerhouse at Kyoani for years.

https://myanimelist.net/people/8129/Taichi_Ishidate

Director: Kyokai no Kanata aka Beyond the Boundary

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/01/13/violet-evergarden-production-notes-1/

I thought he was an assistant director and just started directing his own, may have read that wrong.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Watched first episode of Violet Evergarden... I don’t want to hate it. Yep that’s how I want to put it... It’s going to be a love hate relationship with this one.... I think the director is new on this Anime. However the music and animations are top notch. So I’m torn, should I continue or move on since my expectations after watching the first episode has downgraded.

I'm sorry, I should've warned you that it starts very slowly. It is definitely worth the watch though, some of the later episodes are absolutely fantastic. Please continue watching. If you really do want to drop it, then PLEASE at least watch episode 10, it is one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen.

I’ll watch the rest, just noticed it’s only a few episodes. Thanks for the input ^.^

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Soooo... Mob 2 finished airing. That was an amazing last episode, though I did somewhat expect a little bit more from the fight. It was still brilliant mind you, my expectations were just too high on this one. There should still be enough material left for 1 more season, so let's hope that we get one.

Have fun with this one, Charan. I'm sure you will be enjoying it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
It'll still take a while till Heaven's Feel 2 comes to the local cinema, but what you say about it makes me want to watch it on the biggest screen available. They're going to show Maquia next month though, so that's something.

I will likely watch Neverland at some point this week, maybe even today. As I mentioned a while ago, I was waiting until all the episodes are out and I have the opportunity to binge it. I still got some Kaguyasama left for afterwards, which will probably make it a lot easier to stomach.

I'm really excited to hear your thoughts of a a certain Mob 2 episode. Let me just say that even I could at least somewhat understand how amazing the animations were. Again, the closest thing I can compare it to are Saitama vs Boros and Sieg vs Karna. It's THAT good. And it once again shows that you can make even a kazoo sound epic if you want to.

I definitely agree on the Zombieland Saga s2 when.

I have yet to watch Rakugo (yes, yes, I know), I need to fix that soon. I was more on the 3-gatsu no lion side of the drama spectrum back then.
meanwhile i watched 20 jojo episodes in last 3 days. It was so much fun I must say. Can't go into some deeper analysis as I haven't read the manga yet for part5.
Spreading salt since 2006
While I was watching the latest episode of Tate no Yuusha just now I thought at some point "Huh, that soundtrack sounds a lot like some stuff from Made in Abyss... wait a second". A quick look at the staff list and it makes a lot of sense. At this rate it feels like Penkin's soundtracks will be almost as easily recognisable to me as Sawano or Kajiura soundtracks are.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
While I was watching the latest episode of Tate no Yuusha just now I thought at some point "Huh, that soundtrack sounds a lot like some stuff from Made in Abyss... wait a second". A quick look at the staff list and it makes a lot of sense. At this rate it feels like Penkin's soundtracks will be almost as easily recognisable to me as Sawano or Kajiura soundtracks are.

...You bring shame to yourself and all your ancestors for not knowing who was doing that OST. All this tells me is you either skip the opening credits (SHAME ON YOU) or you don't pay attention to them (SHAME ON YOU). That OP by Madkid was Grrreeeat. The part where lil Raphtalia rushes to grab his arm affectionately and suddenly it's adult Raphtalia struggling to hold him back...that's great stuff.

To be perfectly honest here, no, I did NOT skip the op, but I have to admit that it wasn't nearly as blatantly obvious Penkin as some stuff in the most recent episode was. Seriously, that part when it's basically a walking-and-hiding montage could be straight out of Made in Abyss. It pretty much SCREAMED Penkin to me at that point, so I just HAD to check. I also vaguely recalled having looked it up before, but I couldn't quite remember. That was a blunder on my part and I apologise, for I have proven myself to be unworthy in this case.
I plead guilty.
I rewatched the kaguya sama, ep11, scene where chika eats ramen, and all the time I had thoughts that it reminds me of something.

My guess is :
Spoiler
The fighting mangas/anime (I've seen/read a lot of them really).

They always have some part where a foreign contestant or fighter comes, everyone doubts him. He does well, so all think its luck, but have their doubts at first. Fighter is set through trials, while the sceptical onlookers analyze and make comments on the side describing techniques or critical parts.

Eventually they come to see the greatness of that person, as that person comes to the bare end, showing big talent or power. Elder onlookers reminiscing trope hits, where they are reminded how they were in their youth, same as main char.

While the main char triumphs.

All the time in that kaguya scene, music also started almost nonexisting, then became louder and more "inspiring" and fired up. As we came near the end.

Thats at least how I see it.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 4, 2019, 4:40:06 AM
My god ty ty for telling me to stick through it... Violet Evergarden is amazing, it’s 5:30am here barely have time to freaking post anymore before jogging. No spoilers it was sad, but she kicked ass... All I’ll say.

"
solwitch wrote:
My god ty ty for telling me to stick through it... Violet Evergarden is amazing, it’s 5:30am here barely have time to freaking post anymore before jogging. No spoilers it was sad, but she kicked ass... All I’ll say.

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Lots of people dropped it early on when it first aired because the plot was moving too slow for them, not listening to to those who were saying that it picked up speed later on. That in and on itself is kinda sad, that a lot of people missed out on such an amazing show simply because of the first couple episodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info