Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I just watched the first episode Kimetsu no Yaiba. Story is good, seems to follow the manga quite closely (at least for now), animation is good when it matters, soundtrack seemed pretty awesome. It had a bit of CG, but that was mostly used for the surroundings and wasn't too bad. I will definitely continue watching it.
I'm not sure what it's comparable to... Dororo maybe? Perhaps Katanagatari to a degree? Something like that probably.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I think I'll finally tackle the rest of Neverland that I've left tomorrow. I should get that done, the sooner the better.

Yeah, SukaSuka was... something. It had some pretty impactful OST aswell. They also used "Scarborough Fair" at some points, which is pretty awesome imo.

I was very much looking forward to Senryuu Shoujo, it's some nice sol/comedy. I might pick up Hitoribocchi aswell, depending on whether I need something lighthearted this season or not. I probably do.

Wait, Kimetsu no Yaiba is made by Ufotable? That certainly explained the rather good CG effects. Ufotable does them extremely well if they want.

If you really wanna go with the sword and shield joke, you're a season late. Dororo is relying quite a lot on swords you know. Then again, that one doesn't have it in the title, so whatever (also, wasn't "yaiba" usually translated as "blade"? Wouldn't "ken" be "sword"? Or are they more vague than that? Not that I'm sure about that, having only picked up bits and pieces of the language through subtitles). It should still be ongoing though.
Eh. You should know by now that I sometimes go to rather great lengths to ruin a decent joke. I'm that kind of person. Actually... a lot of people I know are like that. Still, I was genuinely curious about the meaning of the words there. As I said, I only picked up an extremely small amount of vocabulary through subtitles, so I don't even know if I was correct there. I'm just trying to learn something here (while half-heartedly attempting to ruin a joke).

Probably my favourite thing that's come from Pokemon Sword and Shield so far are all the Scottish trainer memes. I really hope they reference that in the anime in some way. They probably won't, but I'm hoping nonetheless. I wonder if Aegislash plays a significant role in the games... which reminds me, I still have a perfectly bred shiny aegislash lying in one of my boxes in alpha sapphire that I wanted to rename... never really did that.
Thank you very much for explaining that one. That was quite a lot of information, it's quite interesting how much meaning is put into some words in the japanese language... then again, there are similar things in other languages.
There are some german words that, despite being written the same way can mean completely different and sometimes even opposite thing depending on the pronounciation. While that's the exception to the rule, it does happen.
Laguages are interesting things...
Watched OPM season 2 episode 1 today. With everybody being scared before, I can safely say that there's no reason for that. JC Staff did a fantastic job on this one. Sure, they didn't pull out some ridiculous over the top animations in episode 1, but at this point I'd rather they save that for some of the more important stuff that's gonna be coming soon. I'm not really worried about it anymore.

Isekai Quartet seems decent so far, got a few laughs out of me, which makes it a good enough show in my book. If you've seen the shows involved in it (Youjo Senki, Overlord, KonoSuba and Rr:Zero), it's definitely a fun watch.
It’s been awhile... Haven’t seen anything so far that reaches this type of level of animation.

This damn show spoiled me, that everything I’ve watched after feels like shit. Violet Evergarden was pretty close, but that assistant director killed the intro... "boring." It’s a good thing I like my different flavors in anime and not easily brainwashed by Naruto type of animes.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
If you want some amazing animation and equally amazing characters, then both One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 (both seasons) would be great picks.
"
FCK42 wrote:
If you want some amazing animation and equally amazing characters, then both One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 (both seasons) would be great picks.

They freaking took out the episodes from Violet Evergarden thank god I watched them before they did.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
It’s been awhile... Haven’t seen anything so far that reaches this type of level of animation.

This damn show spoiled me, that everything I’ve watched after feels like shit. Violet Evergarden was pretty close, but that assistant director killed the intro... "boring." It’s a good thing I like my different flavors in anime and not easily brainwashed by Naruto type of animes.

You're such a sillyhead sometimes. Naruto has so much amazing animation that if you strung together its sakuga episodes, the result would be twice as long as all of Apocrypha. Without the filler and its shitty animation, Naruto is one of the greatest anime ever made. Period. It's 600+ episodes of pure story with consistently good animation and a hell of a lot of big moments. The guys who made Apocrypha revere and worship the guys who made Naruto, because that's where the old legends really got to flex their animation muscles. So if you're going to shit on something while praising something else, you might want to pick something that didn't directly influence what you're trying to praise.

Not to mention the animation in Boruto episode 65 utterly *blitzed* anything in Apocrypha, and I say that as someone who has seen Apocrypha easily 10 times now, and has it on bluray, twice over.

Not that any of this matters because not only are you a sillyhead, you're a stubborn as fuck sillyhead who will never know how right I am, even though there's a LOT of evidence. Naruto is *waaaaay* better than Apocrypha.

Yeah, Apocrypha's great. One of my favourite anime. Easily and obviously. But it's a whole different beast to Naruto. You really shouldn't have made that comparison and then asserted that people who like Naruto are 'brainwashed'. It was stupid and ignorant. Without shows like Naruto and Hunter x Hunter, there'd be no Apocrypha, at least not one as well-animated as it is (despite the dips in quality that are the hallmark of a poorly-scheduled A-1 production). I'd ask you to stop talking out of your arse but we both know that's not happening in a hurry.

But if you want more of what Apocrypha offers, there's Grancrest Senki, which is mostly the same guys doing a more straightforward fantasy epic. There is no anime closer to Apocrypha than Grancrest Senki.

I love that you love Apocrypha, but next time, sing those praises without insulting something just as good, if not better.

Hehe... They’re still brainwashed.... lol.

Edit: On a serious note, wasn’t bashing Naruto, how to put it... To appreciate Apocrypha you need to be a sommelier of Anime...

Last edited by solwitch on Apr 12, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Your loss. Seriously. We're done.

__

I am amused at how much chatter there is about Carole and Tuesday when it's not officially out in the west for months yet. Normally a netflix release delays the discussion, fatally so, but a Watanabe Shinichiro production defies the usual conventions. Much piracy.

We'll wait, but only because we have more than enough on our plate this season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info