:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
Hizaue shouldn't be anywhere near as iyashikei as it is. Such a tragic backstory.

Well... I was kinda expecting that show to have some degree of tragedy. Historically pets in anime tend to have tragedy involved. Which is why I haven't watched it yet. I might pick it up when I watch the rest of Neverland.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Dororo is one of the best animes of 2019
Tensura confused the living shit out of me today. This episode gave me some serious "Final episode. That's it. Nothing more. Find something new to watch already!" vibes. That felt really weird.
"
lontramagic wrote:
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa deserve a better anime adpatation
Spoiler

What was wrong with the adaptation?
I think for what it was (a pretty decent comedy manga) the adaptation was excellent, it's colourful, pretty and has excellent voice acting.
It was short, sure, but well, that's more of a problem with industry as a whole and not this adaptation in particular.
"
Charan wrote:
Wow, Aoi Eir doing Memoria live was great. But of course her SAO songs were the most enthusiastically received. Curiously she did her Arslan Senki ending, lapis lazuli, as her last song.

Heavens Feel II was jaw-dropping. Heavens Feel I had animation at roughly the same level but there is far more true sakuga in HF2. And, of course, looots of sakura too. Spring 2020 is a long way away.

Sounds pretty awesome. I still have to wait a while until I can watch it the appropriate way (cinema, japanese with subtitles). But I strictly refuse to watch it any other way for the first watch. It would feel beyond rude to the creators.

PS: Does anyone know why the quote function is as messed up at the moment as it is? That really annoys me a lot more than it should.
No, I don't think that's the only reason. I mean, I don't get any notifications for getting quoted either. Which feels really weird.

I gotta watch some stuff I didn't get to yesterday... I was having too much fun with the current challenge league (I know, blasphemous). I'll try not to overday it today, this being my birthday and all. I might watch some more Kaguya, I stopped watching it at some point, might've been due to my usual weirdness regarding comedy series.
Happy birthday FCK42 \o/

Make it as good as all other days sir.

I've been checking out boogiepop, it's really good but i can't really pin-point why if that makes any sense.
Kaguya-sama is solid like always and i have some episodes left over from dororo so that should be a treat later tonight :)

Also been rewatching "is it okay to pick up girlfriends in a dungeon", that's such a solid show still.
The sword princess arc was pretty ok but i was really hoping for a second season about bell though.

Anybody know if that's in the pipe-line?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
鬼殺し wrote:

A friend innocently asked the other day, 'so how was Sword Art Online anyway?' as though I'd seen it (because I watch absolutely every anime, obviously) and it's been fucking bugging me ever since. I've never given it a chance much the same way I didn't give Naruto a chance and for much the same reasons: rabid fanbase, uneven quality, potentially annoying characters. But it is A-1 combat, it does have Kajiura Yuki doing the OST, it has LiSA and Eir Aoi ops and eds, and it has a killer seiyuu cast. How...how bad can it really be?

Not sure if you mean the entire thing or just the most recent?

I watched the older ones some time ago and it starts out really good but fell off near the end in my opinion.
I'm reminded off log-horizon, the first season being spectacular and then tapering off in the second.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 17, 2019, 11:39:07 PM
Thanks, you two :)

I'm pretty hyped for both Fire Force and Kimetsu no Yaiba. I read the manga for the former and part of the latter. Kimetsu no Yaiba will benefit from Dororo's popularity, since it has a similar feel to it imo. Fire Force on the other hand is a weird one. It could be hit or miss and has the potential to turn into a long running shounen series.

Regarding SAO... *sigh* I wanted to like it. At the beginning it was pretty ok, so that kinda worked out for a bit... and then the 2nd half of the first season came around and everything went downhill from there. Some characters have their development backwards, the fights become either boring or complete deus ex machina bullshit and the plot becomes increasingly stupid. The 2nd season is not much better imo, though it has a decent arc at the very end.

Alicisation is... special. It started ok, but then they threw in random episodes of exposition dump, the plot that made even less sense than any other before it and characters both more blad and more stupid than your average slice of bread.

It looks decent though and the soundtrack isn't bad.

But seriously... they throw away EVERY chance they get at making some decently deep or interesting antagonists. At times I was sitting there, watching an episode thinking something like "Alright, decent plot hook. You can do it, come on, make this interesting foe once... goddamnit you fucked it up again". Also, I can't really think of any great fight scenes right now... there might have been some, but most were pretty forgettable imo.

TL;DR: I can't really recommend SAO to anyone who's seen log horizon already. It (arguably) looks better for the most part, but the story and characters are pretty meh. If you want to watch it, go ahead. I won't stop you. Just don't expect anything great. And don't get too involved with the fanbase.
HOLY FUCKING SAKUGA did Mob 2 put up a show this week. I somehow get the feeling that they saved up a rather large portion of the animation budget over the course of this season to have enough for the last couple episodes. If that's true, then we're going to have one hell of a spectacle for the two remaining ones.
I mean, I knew that they did some crazy stuff already for mob, but this was on another level. Unlike just about anything from the first season. Comparable to the stuff they did in one of the earlier episodes (you will know which one when you see/saw it).

Tensura is just teasing us at this point. It doesn't feel fair T_T Oh well, at least we have a confirmed sequel.

Dororo was amazing, everything is falling into place at this point. I can't wait for the finale, it's going to be awesome. Wait... is the next episode the last one? Or will there be another one after it? Also... why is it named after Dororo? I'm confused now.

Huh, how do you know the enjoyment won't last if you haven't seen how it plays out? I mean, yeah, I put it in a pretty bad light, but you never know unless you watch it... I honestly hope you can enjoy it, because I certainly couldn't anymore after I watched some other series. Yes, SAO was one of the first I saw. It was probably better that way. Maybe I'm just extremely biased by now. I don't really know either.
Run with the win was just amazing today. King was almost too relatable imo. They did some fantastic work on developing him to deliver this kind of thing. And then of course there's Kakeru about to enter the zone. That's gonna be one hell of an episode next week. So yeah, run with the wind is also on fire now... or rather, it went from on fire to being a raging inferno.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info