:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Picking up on a few things here and there ...

Domestic no Kanojo has been immersive. There are enough laughs in it that the awkward dramatic moments Boem mentions don't weigh too heavily on the experience of watching it. Part of the charm so far, for me, is how they navigate a lot of familiar ideas and still keep things not easily predictable or cliche. So far. The director seems to have a pretty good sense of timing for scenes, as well, which really helps to make the experience more enjoyable.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z were how I became interested in manga and anime. For me they were fun ways or learning Japanese when I was living there and didn't know very much Japanese. I read the manga and was watching the anime on TV during the same time frame. I learned to not like doing both in the same time frame; the anime was generally "watching paint dry" slow compared to the manga, as there were lots of scenes on the TV show in which the camera would very slowly pan up or down a character, showing their look of amazement or whatever for waaayyy too long. It was clear the director was constrained by not being able to go any further than the manga, at times.

I found that DZ movies were quite a bit more enjoyable than the TV shows because the director would be more free to set the pace, instead of being constrained by the manga a lot of the time.

Naruto is a really good anime, overall. Even the filler episodes were often surprisingly watchable, especially when compared to Bleach filler episodes, which quickly grew aversive. As much as I like that anime, though, I'm not certain I'd suggest to anybody that they begin with a firm idea in mind of watching all the way through. I would suggest that if somebody is interested then watching the first handful of episodes would convey a pretty good sense of whether they're likely to enjoy the rest of the series. I'd echo the recommendation for Naruto: The Last to anybody interested in the series; it's not only key to understanding how the series evolves, it's also a very enjoyable movie in its own right.

I'm sideways on Boruto. Don't hate it, don't love it. I'm probably behind by about 60-ish episodes by now and I don't feel any desire to catch up.

Run with the Wind got better after a mixed start. My wife and I are enjoying every episode as it comes out. The progression is starting to feel entirely natural and we're rooting for the key characters. Kaguya is also a lot of fun to watch. Kaguya feels more "fragile", in a sense, as so far that show paints on a smaller canvas, compared to Run, and there seems to be more ways Kaguya show could lose its charm.

Quintuplets has been fun so far.

I finally did a Mob Psycho 100 marathon and enjoyed it a lot. Very thoughtfully done show, with quite a few laughs along the way and surprisingly emotional. Multiple characters grew noticeably in just 12 episodes and most were fairly complex, which made them more interesting. I particularly enjoyed the visuals because they suited the show so well.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Feb 9, 2019, 6:42:10 AM
I was about to post animefillerlist site that is linked above, it is very easy to find filler lists on net.

I must say that in shippuden I skipped all of filler episodes, because i wanted more of the "awesome" story progress. And I said to myself that one day I will marathon watch all fillers, no matter how strange it is to watch an anime in that fragmented way.
Spreading salt since 2006
I remember being 15 and going to a lan party.

Visiting the lan cloud and finding a map named "naruto", needless to say i ended up watching like 50 episodes during a lan where i went to to play stuff like dungeon siege multiplayer and counter-strike/quake and the likes :D

If i remember correctly, it was my first introduction to anime and i loved it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Just finished Flying Witch. Oh so iyashi...

Told ya. More than once.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
And here I am watching youtube videos about japanese food places and reading some chinese manhua based on wuxia stuff based on some 1500 chapters novel (battle through the heavens).

Other than that, my weekly regulars are mob, kaguya, shield hero, dororo and slime.

Finishing up that gridman too, since i missed it when it was released weekly.

Backlog is huge and I am slowly on it.

edit: thinking about starting jojo from beginning, but i am unsure if to continue manga from part5 or just watch all animes from beginning and then continue where i left off on part5 in mangas.

Going all in for anime jojo seems alluring and fun experience.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Feb 15, 2019, 3:33:23 PM
"
Necromael wrote:
My weekly regulars are mob, kaguya, shield hero, dororo and slime.

I highly recommend also watching promised neverland. It's currently one of the 5 best shows this season, well worth the watch.
I managed to create a considerable backlog this weekend/week (7 episodes I missed out on in total)... that'll be quite something to get through.

I did get to watch "Alita: Battle Angel" in the original version though. Can we talk about that film for a moment? Because while I did not read the source material, it seemed like a damn good adaptation. It felt about as anime as live action can get. Sure, it had an open end and was rather fast paced, but it definitely delivered on the plot and actions.
I can definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good action and/or cyberpunk movie. I did watch it in 3D, which definitely made some effects a lot more awesome than they would be otherwise.
Seriously, go watch it. It's good (as in "actually good", not just "pretty good for a live action manga adaptation"), trust me.
That sounds a lot more awesome than what I get for HF... at least I will have the chance to see it on the big screen. Though I'll have to wait about 4 months.
"
FCK42 wrote:
I managed to create a considerable backlog this weekend/week (7 episodes I missed out on in total)... that'll be quite something to get through.

I did get to watch "Alita: Battle Angel" in the original version though. Can we talk about that film for a moment? Because while I did not read the source material, it seemed like a damn good adaptation. It felt about as anime as live action can get. Sure, it had an open end and was rather fast paced, but it definitely delivered on the plot and actions.
I can definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good action and/or cyberpunk movie. I did watch it in 3D, which definitely made some effects a lot more awesome than they would be otherwise.
Seriously, go watch it. It's good (as in "actually good", not just "pretty good for a live action manga adaptation"), trust me.

Well, I guess I should watch it then. I was really on the fence with the way they had her big digital anime eyes.

Never was a big fan of CGI with real people.

That and the manga was horribly depressing last I remember reading it like 10 years ago.
(⌐■_■)
"
鬼殺し wrote:
ANN gave Alita a big thumbs up. I am still processing this.

Still more likely to wait until it's in the bluray bargain bin. Which won't take long.

I saw that initially it got pretty harsh reviews which boiled down to people not really understanding that it's an adaptation of an almost 30 year old manga.

Pretty much all reviews from people who don't think of themselves as "professional critics" were very positive. For good reasons.

I stay by my word that it's well worth the watch. I personally do think that it's probably a much better experience in 3D though. Unless you have strong personal reasons against that (some people get headaches or nausea from it).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info