Mirror of Kalandra

"
jsuslak313 wrote:

You even alluded to ANOTHER issue: even IF CW stated there were 3 million+ active players, we KNOW that botting is a HUGE problem in this game. So take those 3 million "active" accounts and slash it WAYYYYYY down for all the bot farms and things coming out of China and other Asia servers. If trade difficulties are any indication of just how many bots there are....I'd say there might even be more bot accounts than actual live human accounts at any given time "active" in PoE.

but those would still count in a figure if someone said 3% of players have beaten shaper. do they mean 3% of total accounts? 3% of what? thats my point. can you imagine how many total accounts a f2p game thats 11 years old has?

and no, last epoch does not have more players than poe.

Diablo games also have a shit ton of bots, they do mass bot banwaves in those games too.

i dont live in an insulated bubble m8, i played diablo 1 when it was first released, i played d2 on release, d3 on release, torchlight, titan quest, wolcen, i played grim dawn since it was in beta with only 1 act, ive owned last epoch for years i bought multiple copies of it for me and my friends. i still play every single diablo 3 season.

ive played 1000s of hours of quake 3, battlefield 2, counterstrike, i was diamond ana main in overwatch ive probably put at least 1000 hours into that game. im 42 ive played pc games since Doom on a 3086.

big rpgs like skyrim have over 60 million players, decent sized multiplayer online games like valorant have over 20 million players a month, 400 million people have played fortnight, do you really struggle to believe a few million people play poe? the game has been going and growing for 11 years. having a few million players sign in over the space of a 3 month league IS a small fraction of the players large games have.

im telling you for a fact belton mirrored his bow 1000+ times, thats 1 mirror tier item from that league. back in the day ventor claimed about 1000 people mirrored his carrion bite corsair sword

the games population was way smaller back then. belton kept a spreadsheet and streamed his entire league. ive mirrored many items and im not anyone, theres countless people way richer than me out there.
"
Well, okay then. Big W for Mark and Co!

Edit: For those who missed it

yeah i seen that. i think it was mark who was saying in an interview recently they were not happy with a nuber of aspects of div cards, i figured this was coming.
i dont care for crafted item, but ever since i remember, one of the draws of crafting in poe is mirror services.

if a crafter spends a ton of currency to craft a crazy batshit item, he/she can regain or even profit from it via mirror service.

that said, the mirror has worked the way it did from the beginning of the game.

i dont think OP's suggestion is bad IF its for a new currency, replica mirror of kalandra? the rarity can be much lower and can help SSF players.

leave the original currency alone.
[Removed by Support]
If you want people to craft the make crafting more fun
baseg
+1. A mirror should shatter on both items.
Eat your vegetables.
"
boldfacelies wrote:
+1. A mirror should shatter on both items.

Its not a bad idea and it helps mitigate (partially) the fact that brute force crafting distorts the game into more quickly being about earning a wage of currency for crafts and no longer about killing monsters to take their cool items.

Obviously if you can only mirror once or there's some form of uncertainty this makes massive brute force craft projects ultra risky. Not deterministic source of real world income.

Issue is GGG doesn't see this as a problem they view it as a feature. The reason Chris talks glowingly about that D2 bow that sold on ebay for $700 is the same reason he's not going to change how this works fundamentally. He wants those items to be only possible with massive brute force currency investment (for some reason) and effectively impossible to drop.

Imagine a world where ~1mil players have next to no probabilistic chance to ever drop such an item, BUT they can earn a wage and buy one of (lets say) 50,000 (or whatever) brute force craft/mirrored items.

Now imagine a world where ~1mil players drop 50,000 of those items WHILE PLAYING

One of these games is way more exciting to play than the other.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info