Void league character

"
CrazylikE wrote:
HUGE fucking popup across the whole screen telling you what is about to happen.
Just checked in a vid and this is not true. Its normal sized similar to the lab exit warning. In the vid it was maybe 30% of width and less than 20% of height of screen.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
A 4 page thread because people are too stupid to spend 2 seconds to read something that blocks you from doing anything else.

Amazing.

I think GGG should add a popup that shows up when a players life drops to 1hp and tell them "You're about to die, do you want to exit the map?"

It'll help these kinds of players a bunch.
~3945 18/12/2023
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Important is pretty much: "Gravity" multiplied by "quantity".
If you're deciding on the importance of an event, sure. I have to do risk assessment matrices as part of my job, and it's the same thing, severity on one axis, probability of occurring on the other.

But I'm not making an assessment of the significance of the event. I'm deciding how best to communicate with new players. Of course losing a character is a hugely significant game event - that does not mean it's a good thing to completely describe the conditions surrounding it at the front of your game, when it's a thing that can only happen at the extreme opposite end of the game, dozens or even hundreds of hours after this message, and when you're going to warn them about it at the relevant time anyway. The terms likely won't even mean anything. What's a map mod? POE is intimidating enough without "improvements" like this.

I mean they could implement this change tomorrow. Put some wordy complicated hover text at character creation accurately and completely describing conditions players don't even have context to understand at that point. It might make you feel better but it will help literally nobody.
"
I'm deciding how best to communicate with new players.
My take is that being properly truthful is important. So whatever you do dont make false statements.

"
that does not mean it's a good thing to completely describe the conditions surrounding it at the front of your game,
Im not disagreeing with that.

"
when it's a thing that can only happen at the extreme opposite end of the game, dozens or even hundreds of hours after this message, and when you're going to warn them about it at the relevant time anyway. The terms likely won't even mean anything. What's a map mod? POE is intimidating enough without "improvements" like this.

I mean they could implement this change tomorrow. Put some wordy complicated hover text at character creation accurately and completely describing conditions players don't even have context to understand at that point. It might make you feel better but it will help literally nobody.
I am however disagreeing with your (implied) claim that this needs to be complicated and complete. If they write "In certain endgame areas your character can permanently die. You will be warned if you try to enter one of them." it would be a simple improvement.
Suggestion: The first three (or so) times the player wants to enter the map, make the popup un-dismissable for 10 seconds. And use a different color theme from the other popups in the game, to prevent it from blending in together with "the usual stuff" that the player is used to. This suggestion is premised on the assumption that there are more than a few players who don't read the popup (which I'm not 100% sure is true).

Also suggestion for players: if your character isn't reliable at surviving rare T16 maps while you're playing at low-effort then say your goodbyes before you enter the map, as you might not see it again. But even if it is, I'm not sure you're safe. From looking at the wiki, this seems potentially worse than a T16?
Last edited by Velizar_ on Jan 3, 2024, 6:05:10 AM
so, all of a sudden, the portal you clicked caused a warning to popup, which normally never happens with any other portal or map in the game, and you just clicked ok instead of taking 30 seconds to read it?

deserved
"
auspexa wrote:
so, all of a sudden, the portal you clicked caused a warning to popup, which normally never happens with any other portal or map in the game,
Similar thing happens every time you want to exit the lab per selfmade portal.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
so, all of a sudden, the portal you clicked caused a warning to popup, which normally never happens with any other portal or map in the game,
Similar thing happens every time you want to exit the lab per selfmade portal.

yes but leaving Lab does not VOID your character.
Still play SSF on my main account :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info