Void league character

Hello, let me introduce myself, I'm Ezonics, a new player in Path of Exile. Recently, I ran a map with the Void League modifier and lost my character. I was unaware of this modifier; I never imagined there could be something like that, and I made the mistake of running it. It's the first time this has happened to me, and with my limited information, I overlooked the warning and ended up losing my league character. I wanted to inquire if there's any chance of recovering it since I wasn't aware and lacked the knowledge at that moment.
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2024, 7:47:19 PM
No.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
That is sad but yeah, everyone would try to get character back saying this if it was allowed.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
It literally tells you in big pop up THAT YOU WILL forever die if you run that map.

Why did you skip that popup?

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I dont know any way to get your character back.

"
Ezonics wrote:
I never imagined there could be something like that,

And this mod does not belong in the game and should be purged from it. Its a new level of **** they came up with.

"
Ezonics wrote:
I overlooked the warning

Understandable. "No one" wants popups. And "no one" wants to read them. Its supposed to be an ARPG. Not a read text popups game. And its supposed to be SC. This mod breaks that implied (or explicit?) promise.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Hello,
sympathize with you.
I was also sent to the void. I read the warning, but when I saw the Headhunter sign... it blinded me for a moment and I went for it. I thought my SRS would survive something. Mistake. Some random boss jumped on me at the beginning of the map and I was instantly dead within 0.5 sec. I didn't even get a chance to catch a glimpse of him.
I will never make this mistake again. I think the reason why we don't play HC is clear.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Ezonics wrote:
I overlooked the warning

Understandable. "No one" wants popups. And "no one" wants to read them. Its supposed to be an ARPG. Not a read text popups game. And its supposed to be SC. This mod breaks that implied (or explicit?) promise.
As far as I can tell, about only place in the game that says anything about the consequences of death in non-HC modes (HC death is also described in character creation) is in the help section. It's certainly not a promise of no permadeath but it is a contrast between Standard and Hardcore.

But in what way do you think the game has promised this to people if you don't think reading text is an acceptable expectation in the first place?
"
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Ezonics wrote:
I overlooked the warning

As far as I can tell, about only place in the game that says anything about the consequences of death in non-HC modes (HC death is also described in character creation) is in the help section. It's certainly not a promise of no permadeath but it is a contrast between Standard and Hardcore.
Its implied on the character generation screen. One is called "Hardcore XYZ" with warning that death matters. The other is called "XYZ" without any warning. Then players experience (by dieing) in the game that death doesnt matter. Clearly from the POV of normal players (not fine print contract analysts) this is an implied promise that this is the mode where you cant die.

"
But in what way do you think the game has promised this to people if you don't think reading text is an acceptable expectation in the first place?
You are twisting my words with "you don't think reading text is an acceptable expectation". Maybe read what I wrote. Putting the warning into character generation in fat red like is done for HC modes would be a proper place. Some ingame popup on its own is not.

--

And on character generation it also says (used to at least) that a character killed in HC becomes a Standard character. Is that true for Valdo Void deaths also or is that simply false information - assuming its still in there like that? Or rephrasing: If HC deaths are also voided and character generation still shows that message then its an explict broken promise.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Clearly from the POV of normal players (not fine print contract analysts) this is an implied promise that this is the mode where you cant die.
Well, I tend to think that when you're talking about "breaking promises" (rather than just game design you don't like) you've put yourself in the realm of 'fine print contract analysis'.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
You are twisting my words with "you don't think reading text is an acceptable expectation". Maybe read what I wrote. Putting the warning into character generation in fat red like is done for HC modes would be a proper place. Some ingame popup on its own is not.
I did read what you wrote. You were saying it's understandable to ignore text boxes, because "it's an ARPG, not a read text popups game" (??). My point is, character creation info is text boxes that pop up too. So isn't it just as acceptable for people to ignore that?

Don't we have to recognise that reading and analysing text boxes, far from something to be dismissed, is in fact a core expectation of this ARPG? I mean how are you getting gear for your character, deciding on your path across the passive tree etc, without analysis of the thousands of popup text boxes that are part of that process?

Anyway, I'm not in any way against more warnings (maybe while using the Puzzle Box item, for example), though I disagree that character creation would be a useful spot. That's about as far away from Tier 17 maps as could be; most players will have long since forgotten about that warning by the time they get to high level maps, and at the start of the game that recalled warning may be either confusing or meaningless when, as you say, players observe that dying is having no consequence.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
If HC deaths are also voided and character generation still shows that message then its an explict broken promise.
Dead HC characters become Standard characters, yes; they aren't voided. Nothing to worry about there.
Would have to agree with Gus here. You have to read so much in this game to do anything, why is it suddenly bad to read a popup, warning you about the potential deletion of your character if you proceed? You have to read map mods normally too, why wouldn't you question what the mod "sends you to the void league" mean as well?

I'm sorry to have to say this, but if you don't read and you die to reflect, or don't read and get sent to void league, I think it's all your fault, even without the popup and just the mod on the map. The popup is a huge additional warning.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info