Constant Crash to Desktop

BUMP please GGG. Aknowledge this
Okay guys, Today I've started to have a lot of random crashes where the most of them I received in content like Ultimatum, Ritual, Breach. Then I remembered what I did today and I've purchased some mysterious boxes. I've been wearing Nethermancer boots and body armor. I've took them off and I didn't crashed for like 1+ hour, I was able to complete ritual and 10 rounds ultimatum.
I have crashed like 15+ times today just in town or when teleporting out from a town. every single act, sometimes after relaunching the game within 2 mins it crashes again.

How you expect us to play like that, ain't using a potato PC man FFS
Please help with this constant crash issue. I can't play this way.
Same here guys, its happening 95% of the time when i go to town and theres MTX everywhere. Not positive if its the MTX or not but its pretty constant. I have to restart the game everytime. Its a real pain in the butt but i cant stop playing lol. I hope they fix it soon. An aknowledgment would be nice though!

EDIT - Dunno if they did something behind the scenes or not but switching to Vulkan fixed this issue for me. It does act as if its going to freeze but it catches up and doesn't freeze out completely now.
Last edited by Twelvepack on Dec 11, 2023, 8:54:25 AM
"
Voidslayer wrote:
Switching to DX12 helped me. Unfortunate that it didn't help you. I was crashing every 30 or so minutes before switching over

Also a note for GGG: It seems it was happening a lot to me going to/from town, might be a MTX doing it.

(Also I love/hate those damn music goblins)

Switching to directx12 also helped me (a bit) but it causes other very serious problems like not rendering certain poison, bleed and enemy projectiles anymore. It also shows FPS as "infinite" (probably a measurement bug?).

Also I noticed that the crash chance is the highest when entering a new instance and shortly thereafter as well as old league content like trial master, lab, heists. I don't think it's the MTX.

I updated my NVidia drivers (clean install) but it didn't help, lowered graphics settings, didnt help.

Crash dumps show nothing:
"
User
Area
MapWorldsCemetery
Seed
Build
release tags/3.23.0 229248
OSBits

Also some things like trial master completely bug when re-entering after a crash (the whole world is frozen, no GUI, no popup)
Last edited by silverdash on Dec 10, 2023, 12:17:08 PM
BUMP,

As it seems, no one from GGG is reading this.
I first rolled a minion necro that barely crashed. After rerolling to a static ball lightning hiero, I am CTDing more than 50% of the time I am in the wildwoods. Occasional CTD outside of the woods. I have a fair bit of MTX that I'm going to try switching around. The crashes always seem to happen during combat.

Some info about my system:
RTX 3090
Ryzen 9 3900X
WDBlack SSD
3440x1440
Tried DX12 and Vulkan, Vulkan seems to crash even more

This is honestly the first time I've had major issues with performance during a league. Maybe a few CTD's in the past, but nothing egregious like this. Something is very wrong.

Edit: Don't believe it is MTX related. I am noticing that my wildwoods crashes always seem to frequently involve the purple monsters.
Last edited by thiefwalrus on Dec 10, 2023, 3:32:17 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
"
Voidslayer wrote:
Switching to DX12 helped me. Unfortunate that it didn't help you. I was crashing every 30 or so minutes before switching over

Also a note for GGG: It seems it was happening a lot to me going to/from town, might be a MTX doing it.

(Also I love/hate those damn music goblins)

Switching to directx12 also helped me (a bit) but it causes other very serious problems like not rendering certain poison, bleed and enemy projectiles anymore. It also shows FPS as "infinite" (probably a measurement bug?).

Also I noticed that the crash chance is the highest when entering a new instance and shortly thereafter as well as old league content like trial master, lab, heists. I don't think it's the MTX.

I updated my NVidia drivers (clean install) but it didn't help, lowered graphics settings, didnt help.

Crash dumps show nothing:
"
User
Area
MapWorldsCemetery
Seed
Build
release tags/3.23.0 229248
OSBits

Also some things like trial master completely bug when re-entering after a crash (the whole world is frozen, no GUI, no popup)

I haven't had a crash for over an hour using the latest nvidia drivers (clean install) and turning my 2nd and 3rd monitor off and switching back to directx11. (with turning off i mean unplugging the cables)
Last edited by silverdash on Dec 10, 2023, 2:47:07 PM
Same issue here, happens ALWAYS if go beyond 1 round in ultimatum and the other times it's just random during maps where I freeze and then crash straight to the desktop. It's made the league very unenjoyable for me so I hope a fix comes soon. Never experienced crashes in PoE before this.

Ryzen 7 2700
3060ti
16GB RAM
Game is installed on a SSD if that matters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info