Constant Crash to Desktop

This does not fix my problem. Brand new PC w/ RTX4090, i9-14900K, 98GB RAM. I cannot recreate this issue with any other game I own.

I'll be running maps and for whatever reason, I just crash to desktop. No error message, no warning. Game just stops. I have tried the Intel ETU fix and that doesn't work. I've gone into BIOS and turned off the 'turbo' feature, no luck. I also turned off the Intel visualization feature in BIOS. I've made the obvious changes in the PoE graphics and sound settings. I think I have watched close to 10 YT videos offering different suggestions. I never had this problem before with my 6 year old PC that had twin 1080ti cards.

It would be great if GGG could figure this out and fix their game...
Thats the point beeing made it is not per se a software issue but an issue introduced by Intel and the boost they apply
Update : I am on another test jugg run, I crashed exactly the same place afte piety (where the craft pickup is) and straight after killing shav in the tower and leaving the area. These seems to be key points where I will consistently crash out

Event log :
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6699c6a9
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6699c6a9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000011ee02
Faulting process ID: 0x0x24EC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DADB99F9B071A9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Report ID: 271c42a1-1b29-470e-9d2e-e93fdc902b1f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Last edited by NoAimNecessary on Jul 22, 2024, 1:05:38 PM
Random crashes, 90% of the time it's on changing instances, straight up to desktop.
No OC on cpu or gpu, no under volting, only thing is expo profile on ram, but also checked without, did not help.
Temps are 50-60C cpu/ 30-40C gpu, ram usage around 60% with other stuff like browser discord pob.
Game takes 3.7 ram, 1.4 vram. One thing I notice is when drive and shader bars go up to the moon, I'm scared it's gonna crash and in my case it's mostly like end of belly of the beast piety, or other locations w/o waypoint where you gotta run 2 weeks to get there.

I'm thinking maybe ssd is the issue..? since we all have different specs, idk... My pc isn't high top end but it should be enough for poe, I think. I feel clueless at this point. Got here thru the links I got in response from mail contact with support so, hey guys, one more to count o7.

-Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Super Gaming Overclocked Triple Fan 12GB
-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Raphael AM5 4.2GHz 8-Core
-Inland TN470 1TB SSD 3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe M.2 2280
-G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL32
-Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX V2 AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard

DirectX12 (tried ea other)
vSync off
triple-buff disabled
locked fps:
300-240-220-180 foreground (none of these matter, still got the issue)
40 background
antialiasing q off
upscale off
other things are low
texture filtering trilinear
and no Graph details
"
Update : I am on another test jugg run, I crashed exactly the same place afte piety (where the craft pickup is) and straight after killing shav in the tower and leaving the area. These seems to be key points where I will consistently crash out

FYI, I've crashed there too afaik, 100% after "piety (where the craft pickup is)"
"
TrapeZoW wrote:
"

FYI, I've crashed there too afaik, 100% after "piety (where the craft pickup is)"

Same issue here, just after Piety and just after Shav.
No error message shown.
By now i am running out of options.
I serviced the water cooling so POE has a nice and cool 43C° on Full Details, the drivers are up to date. I have no windows updates to perform yet the Steam and standalone application have crashes, i have tried the "solution" of tuning the multiplicators down via tool yet the app is crashing, it is JUST poe and it ran absolutely smooth last time i played it on this machine.
I am frankly at a complete loss.
I can rule out the SSD , it looks to me like the app is adressing a part in the kernelbase.dll of windows as the steam app and the standalone app share this time stamp: 0x6699c6a9 address in their errors.

Fairly frustrating.
Its not just a random crash, its when u enter and reenter some instances mostly after boss fights. After u finish it, don't rush to other area or anywhere else in that regard. Use ur town portal and return to the same position. No crashes for me since I started with it.
Same here nearly after every Boss / crafting recipe click - crash
After following this article https://www.radgametools.com/oodleintel.htm i menage to get PoE to run stable.

I followed the advice of limiting the k-multiplicator and since then i haven't had a crash.

Hope that helps you guys out there

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info