Constant Crash to Desktop

I've posted several times and emailed support myself. I'm surprised there isn't a single response from staff in this thread.

I log in through Japan or Singapore and it crashes constantly. Only way to play with decent up-time is through texas with high ping.
Getting these crashes as well. For me they are mostly in town or while I am viewing the passive tree. Its annoying. Already ran packcheck and checked my drivers, I wish this would be fixed, loving the league apart from this. Never used any kind of overlay for discord or anything else and never had this many consistent crashes before this league.
Last edited by draakisback on Dec 17, 2023, 3:10:16 AM
I will add one more detail here. I tried using the standalone version instead of steam and still have random crashes after hours of playing. But things get worse when i launch other apps in background, like pob or browser. Esppecially it gets crazy when using the browser for trading. The tabs i have open will often crash due to "insufficient" memory. Weird how the game that I was able to comfortly play with no issues gets broken literally overnight. I think they messed with the game engine's ram usage in order to adress some performance issues, but as a side effect, it caused overconsumption of memory. Im not a techs guy, I have no idea how it all works, but I noticed that the performance is actually better since Affliction's launch. Maybe they should at least try to look into this issue, since id prefer having lower framerate instead of crashing at inappropriate times.

I tried both dx12 and vulkan. My system is far from high end, i-5 9300, gtx 1650 and 8 gig ram. I only play valo and poe. Sucks seeing how the game slightly improves the graphics and it causes a serie of absurd troubles that dont even get properly addressed by the devs. Hope it changes.
Still happening...So annoying. Hard crash to desktop.

Seems to be much much worse with MTX enable. About to request a refund of my supporter packages as I have been unable to use.
Same here. Repetitive crashes to desktop. No error message.
Unplayable...
Sadly I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

This was the first league in a long time I was actually looking forward to playing, just managed to get to act 2 with a ton of crashes and not been able to get past the launcher since.

I have crashed nearly 30 times this league. I cannot play, I have a 3070 ti, never crashed before this league. I verified files, I have changed engine, low settings, nothing fixes it.
Guys, guys...the game may be unplayable, the league untested, staff obviously disinterested in the issue BUT look on the bright side. We're getting the seasonal winter microtansactions. So, like, focus on that maybe?
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester

Path of Exile 2 will be a great leap forward
"
Hawragh wrote:
Guys, guys...the game may be unplayable, the league untested, staff obviously disinterested in the issue BUT look on the bright side. We're getting the seasonal winter microtansactions. So, like, focus on that maybe?

lmao

and eehmm big no xD

---------------------------------------

To the technical team;

Fix these servers without wasting time.there are long loading times in the game.
"
I think they messed with the game engine's ram usage in order to adress some performance issues, but as a side effect, it caused overconsumption of memory. Im not a techs guy, I have no idea how it all works, but I noticed that the performance is actually better since Affliction's launch. Maybe they should at least try to look into this issue, since id prefer having lower framerate instead of crashing at inappropriate times.

Hello

I noticed also that I can play with "old" characters in Standard. Following your post, I compared Standard and Affliction :

Standard : Latency : 5ms stable - Mem : 4,6 Go - Vram 1,6 Go

Affliction : Latency : 12 ms oscillations - Mem : 6Go - Vram 1,4 Go

MacBook Air M1 16 Go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info