Content Update 3.22.0 -- Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

sad patch...
i mean ggg im excited for new league .. i love some of the new keystones for atlas more sup gems is nice but where is the balance ? nothing at all changed tbh this is more of a ruthless update than anything xD
The league mechanic looked interesting, but pretty much no balance changes is so disappointing. So its the exact same builds like the past 5 leagues?

GGG you can see my purchase history. Didnt buy anything for the past 5 leagues.
I was thinking of getting the 480$ one for the hideout if i liked the league, but i dont know if ill be playing it at all.
Its like you dont want money anymore...
What on earth are the Ascendant changes? Removing her from POE 2 is one thing, but did you have to rework her Ascendancies to be unusable?

Edit: Unless her Chieftain Ascendancy didnt keep the "Covered in Ash" part, there is no use in picking chieftain appart from statstacking.

Guardian seems like a worse Necromancer for Solo value (Offerings win) and why would anyone choose Ascendant for its Team now?

Anyhow, gonna be playing Scion as long as she is still playable. I am surprised you kept some of her nodes for so long seeing that the new ones are so weak.

Second Edit: Thanks for nerfing my poison storm rain build. I sat on that build for weeks. Nerfing strength of blood was not needed.

Third Edit: Still love the game, but if the league mechanic does not slap theres no support from me. Was planning on getting something big for my birthday :P
Last edited by TheDoctorMattSmith on Aug 11, 2023, 1:46:00 AM
"
molluskman wrote:
does anyone even play ruthless

I've said so in a different post, but as someone who ranked #2 during Sanctum league on ruthless. The reality of Ruthless is most people who end up playing it are doing it for fun when done with the league. Endless stream of those people thinking they can boot this up for a week, before they realize one week is no time to get anything done on ruthless.

So if you say: How many people play ruthless? If you mean anyone who play campaign and maybe go up to white maps. It's not that bad, there are a few.

If you mean, how many people get to 4 voidstones? That is likely not much more than 10. Maybe 20 or 30. In general, when you are in endgame, you have every single players who is near where you are in your friend list.

So why so much effort for the maybe 2-3 dozen people who are fully invested in ruthless instead of the tens of thousands in normal mode? I'd say that's because of PoE 2. Ruthless is not a testing ground for PoE 1, it's more seeing where they'd want PoE 2 to be balanced. Less crafting, less loot, less player power, no movement skill, all this is PoE 2 design. If Ruthless is a total flop, it's bad news for what they want to do with PoE 2.

That being said, I have no trouble with those patch notes. I think there are interesting changes with gems, atlas and much more. I'm not one of those people who get mad at some skill gem from 2012 not getting updated to match other skills. I'd just purge a few redundant skill gems instead of trying to bave everyone hope they'd all work as well as every other skill gems. They buffed Heavy Strike endlessly and it don't matter. There is no numeric value that will be enough for some people, even if it's good now, it's not as good as boneshatter which is the "better heavy strike".
Last edited by screaminjay on Aug 11, 2023, 1:17:00 AM
so where's patch note?
"Ruthless was a side project guys", a few years later, ruthless becomes POE 2 + a large sum of the patch notes for POE 1.
Patch notes when? All I see is new content and side project update.
Nice!
"Ruthless is a side project"

Can PoE1 get more attention than a side project? Please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info