3.21.2b Patch Notes

"
Try turning off your MTX's

All of your cosmetics and see if that helps anyone in here.

Seems like a fix for many removing stuttering issues.

And also if you havent, please post in bug reports. Not in here.

GGG responds in the bug reports thread where its suited to post your bugs.

Imagine this. Buy MTX. Somone tells you to fix game performance you have to disable them. He named it "fixing".
On Probation Any%
Last edited by Dxt44 on Aug 3, 2023, 9:27:59 AM
Who made you the Forum police?
@Kieren_GGG - this was the most significant post I read on the Bug Report forum, surfacing it here, in case you aren't already aware.
Original link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3406745/page/1#p25045605

"
I'm not sure it's relevant but I've noticed this in game's log file (I'm currently running steam version of the game):

2023/07/28 11:32:12 248818078 84a7bd5a [INFO Client 11260] [ENGINE] Running Engine version 2.0.0
2023/07/28 11:32:12 248818078 84a7bd51 [INFO Client 11260] [ENGINE] Old file Engine version detected 0.0.0
2023/07/28 11:32:12 248818093 84a7d21d [INFO Client 11260] [ENGINE] Wiping cache Minimap at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\Minimap.tmp
2023/07/28 11:32:12 248818093 84a7d21d [INFO Client 11260] [ENGINE] Wiping cache MOTDCache at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\MOTDCache.tmp
2023/07/28 11:32:12 248818093 84a7d21d [INFO Client 11260] [ENGINE] Wiping cache ShopImages at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\ShopImages.tmp
2023/07/28 11:32:12 248818093 84a7d21d [INFO Client 11260] [ENGINE] Wiping cache ShaderCacheD3D12 at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D12.tmp

And I have noticed that AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile folder does indeed get wiped of all those folders on every start up. Feels kinda futile now that I thought I was building up shader cache but it was actually wiping on every restart.
its seems like they didnt care
3080Ti 32 gb of ram not enough for this game anymore
still crash even in h/o
before this mess i got 150+ fps and game run smooth not even have a little problem at all but after new patch 10 fps maybe 20 in town 30 in h/o

anddd before some gurutech wanna say something about my setting
so i do everything that ggg post in technical support but theyre useless dx11,12 vulkan not work either

oh maybe something i didnt try is reinstall my windows but this game is not worth it

"
oh maybe something i didnt try is reinstall my windows but this game is not worth it

Don't do it. I did it two times on 2 machines with no diffrence.
On Probation Any%
Just tested the new patch on my friends setup with a R9 5950X and RTX 4090, not really a surprise but the game runs perfectly fine.
The game also runs just fine for me on my cute and outdated 2070 so I honestly feel like people really struggle to use their hardware properly or to set settings in the correct way.
And in some cases a decade old system or heavily outdated hardware is just the problem.

Spoiler
The "problem" makes me think of another games loading screen, wouldn't be surprised if some actually have issues cause they modified their client with some third party junk lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 3, 2023, 4:46:59 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
Just tested the new patch on my friends setup with a R9 5950X and RTX 4090, not really a surprise but the game runs perfectly fine.
The game also runs just fine for me on my cute and outdated 2070 so I honestly feel like people really struggle to use their hardware properly or to set settings in the correct way.

I don't understand why the game has to loose so much framerate if you supposedly have the wrong settings, people literally have 3k series cards and they have trouble playing the game, before you write something here make sure that you read other posts a bit more thoroughly, since your post considering the others beforehand does not make a whole lot of sense.

GGG has to fix the issues with the shader chash file resets after exiting and launching the game, this literally messes up your framerate, ofc spending thousands of dollars can help, but that also seems to not work for everybody.

I also don't enjoy having to fix stuff out of game to make the game playable.

Btw if you have no issues you could also post here your game settings so people can see and try to fix their problems, even tho some people have tried everything and they still are having problems, also the game ran a whole lot better for them previously.

Ps: nice meme with the 4090.
"
Sztomi228 wrote:

Btw if you have no issues you could also post here your game settings so people can see and try to fix their problems, even tho some people have tried everything and they still are having problems, also the game ran a whole lot better for them previously.

Ps: nice meme with the 4090.

Dx12 with max settings, foreground fps limited to what my monitor is capable to display on both systems. You're welcome.

As is for the "4090 meme" some people complain about issues even with the newest hardware while I don't feel any issues at all with it. I could prob even install PoE on a system with a 3k series card and a corresponding "up2date" cpu and play it without any issues at all. It's not that hard to use hardware properly and make use of the pretty simple and even self explained ingame settings.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 3, 2023, 5:27:41 PM
Rarely read so much bs in a gaming forum. This game is broken and it doesn't matter what people are doing. It has nothing to do with hardware issues. I have 2000 hours in this game. My friend has 13k and we never had such problems. Just because you don't have any problems doesn't mean everybody else is doing something wrong. It's definitely the game and nothing else.
"
8odycount wrote:
Rarely read so much bs in a gaming forum. This game is broken and it doesn't matter what people are doing. It has nothing to do with hardware issues. I have 2000 hours in this game. My friend has 13k and we never had such problems. Just because you don't have any problems doesn't mean everybody else is doing something wrong. It's definitely the game and nothing else.

Yup. 2.5k hours on steam + maybe 1-2k hours on standalone client over 10 years. Usually at this point in league I would be spending 50-200$ on supporter packs out of appreciation for the company and support. No way I'm putting money into this broken patch and poor communication
Last edited by nukage on Aug 3, 2023, 6:55:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info