3.21.2b Patch Notes

"
8odycount wrote:
What bothers the most is developers not even communicating about any broken things in games. A "we know about the performance problem and working on a fix" would be enough.

But the game isn't playable right now. I don't understand why this isn't highest priority.

Looks like they could not care for just a few hundred people. Unfortunately there is absolutely no dent in the number of players, according to SteamCharts, and actually there are even more players since last week.

So we probably are not more than a few hundreds, considering how many post/threads are posted and taking into account that for every message from someone who cannot play because X reason, there are probably two more players that won't consider going to the forums and would just do something else.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Engine Multithreading is broken!
not matter the renderer is DX11 or Vulkan
with the same settings:
i7-10750H + RTX 3060 + Win 10 = everithing is OK
i7-2600K + GTX 970 + Win 7 = if the "Engine Multithreading" option is Enabled -> the CPU's lantency is going crazy, jumping up to 30x of the normal value than down to normal, several times in every seconds again and again, if the "E.M." option is Disabled -> the CPU's lantency is stable (but 2x of normal value)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecg2ymhcNlc
Hello again friends!

I am here with another short update on the current state of the game.

While absolutely none of the actions I have taken so far (almost everything that is being officially recommended by GGG in terms of troubleshooting performance issues and graphical glitches) made a noticeable difference, I am happy to inform you that there is an amazing workaround for anyone experiencing random flashing textures while playing the game (seems to be mostly associated with Syndicate/Betrayal and Delve content):

Simply open your Graphics settings and switch your display Mode between your current setting and something else (for example, swap between Fullscreen and Windowed Fullscreen, do it a few times if it does not work from the first), and the flashing textures issue should be fixed for you. Leaving the map and entering again also works, but this way you save your portal for a potential crash instead, quite smart! ;)

Jokes aside, this really does work for that specific issue, but I sadly do not have any workarounds to share when it comes to general performance issues that are causing FPS drops. I am personally still getting some nice 30-40 fps drops for things like harbinger bosses.

And before someone comes up with the extremely smart "I don't have the issues you are having, so it must be something with your PC" comment, let me share this:

1. I have almost 10k hours in PoE logged on Steam since 2013, and I have never had these issues before on multiple different PCs (including my trusty old gaming laptop from 2017 that I was using some time ago while on the road) throughout the years.

2. I also have over 100 different games on Steam and other platforms (a significant % of them being much more demanding in terms of hardware), and none of them have weird performance issues and visual bugs when running on my current PC.

3. For the specific issue that I have mentioned with Syndicate content (flashing textures when leaving Research encounters + during the Catarina fight), I have never had these problems before this patch, and I have easily done over 2000 Jun missions during this league (yes, I farm a lot of Syndicate, what can I say).

Stay sane exiles!
i played the patient way and did a clean Win11 install.. updated everything
and checked off power savings from windows and from amd drivers

then played 4 hours/renderer (lol)

but the problems stay aka lots of fps drops, stutters.. vulkan seems to perform the best on maps and dx11 on delve

i use rivatuner to monitor my stats and everytime there is a lot of going on, neither of my gpu not cpu is not maxed, although gpu in general is goign 60-100%

i fail to see that my sata-SSD is not fast enough all of a sudden, atleast no speed test is giving me any weird numbers.

Ryzen 5700G // RX6600 // 16Gb //Win11

-1080p/60hrz monitor

other settings dont change much unless i go all in and have even worse fps

i dont have any recorded gameplay before patch so i can only say that it felt way better, like i almost never went under 60fps

1 thing that i'm not totally sure yet but it seems that dynamic resolution is not working on vulkan/dx12??

i can see it going off on dx11 but even then its not helping much
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:

i fail to see that my sata-SSD is not fast enough all of a sudden, atleast no speed test is giving me any weird numbers.

Prior to the recent update, I was running PoE on a hard disk drive, and it ran fine. I didn't see any need to put it on an SSD, as I typically reserve my SSD space for things and games that really benefit from it.

After the recent update, which produced the lag spikes and stuttering many are experiencing, I migrated my PoE install to an SSD, just to see if it would help.

I haven't observed hardly any difference after the migration. The same issues persist. These issues don't seem to have anything to do with the local drive, as far as I can tell.
Hey GGG, where is at least a post from your side that you have f*cked up?

It's relatively many days that have passed, still no official statement from you?

You guys have killed the performance for many people, what do you think, we will all go and buy 4080 and one of the best ryzens? Even players with top tier hardware have problems right now.
Even if they don't notice they surely suffer, they will not be able to squeeze out prior FPS. Or maybe they use more electricity now, or their CPU/GPU is now burning.

What are we gonna do?

We are waiting...
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Aug 1, 2023, 7:10:42 PM
You heard Henry_GGG. It's normal to compile shaders indefinitely xD
On Probation Any%
I enabled triple buffering and is playable... barely, but it's just poorly optimized, I've been playing dozens of new games like Elden Ring or Diablo 4, with no problem and set to high graphics with my GeForce RTX 2070, this looks like just a poorly optimize engine, I'm sure at some point they are going to fix it and I for sure will keep playing if the game is good, but because the lack of communication from GGG addressing hundreds of people voicing the problems in the forums I wont be willing to support the game with my money as I did before two weeks ago.
Nothing has improved since the garbage patch rolled out last week. I guess since GGG has given up on fixing performance issues, I'll give up on the game. Here's to it getting sorted by 3.22 release.
Have a 4070ti, Ryzen 9 7900 12 core, 32gb DDR5,SATA SSD OS Windows 11.
Have seen about a 40% loss in performance since these updates, doesn't matter if I'm sitting in my hideout or mapping. Game stutters quite a bit even when just walking around my hideout. Turning triple buffering on makes the game more stuttery and doesn't change fps at all. Have tried all renderers with DX12/Vulkun performing about the same. Have tried both standalone client as well as steam. Lots of visual bugs during Delirium especially. GPU sits between 90 and 100% at all times with the CPU sitting at 20%. Before the patch, game ran perfectly. Hope this helps and a solution is found soon.

edit: Weirdly enough, clearing my User data Folder cache helped a lot. Resetting all settings and uninstalling all loot filters. Im only getting good fps and performance on the dx11 renderer now though... vulkan and dx12 both substantially lower and stuttery (capped at 152 on dx11, dx12 and vulkan only reaching 80 in hideout)
Last edited by iSkipzz on Aug 2, 2023, 6:10:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info