3.21.2b Patch Notes

"
Seryali wrote:
"
ziipher wrote:
People here want to call me out? Go for it. It will not fix your issues.

I will try to be as nice as possible here.

Go to the technical support thread if you have any issues. GGG is great at helping you get your pc working as it should.

The patch released was not going to affect those who have good computers that run this game. The hotfixes fixed crashes to clients that even I was experiencing. I have no further issues.

This patch should not have changed gameplay for anyone. If you have issues, it is up to you to go fix them.

Another hotfix will not fix your current problems. Just being honest. If you don't like that response I am sorry.

The only ones still experiencing problems MUST go to technical support, not here.

There is something on "your" end that needs some fixing. Lots of different things you can try.

My original post on here called out those claiming the majority had issues, and claiming that its an fps issue when it isnt.

Those claiming these things i know did nothing to help themselves. In society today, there are those who will complain about issues in their life that they can fix and wish others to fix those issues for them.

Hopefully my comments got some angry enough to realize that they should do something and fix their problems. If not, oh well.

Good luck, hopefully ya'll do something to fix your problems.

You're in the 0.1%

me? I think i'm in the 99.9% who dont have any issues lol

Even in game, people are all saying they have no problems.
"
ziipher wrote:
"
Seryali wrote:
"
ziipher wrote:

xxxxxxx

Even in game, people are all saying they have no problems.

If it was that big of an issue, this thread would explode to 90+ pages, but each patch only has a few teens of pages. Happy that you're not having any issues tho :)
Last edited by Seryali on Jul 28, 2023, 12:34:06 PM
"
ziipher wrote:
I have no further issues.

You dont have problem because your game ends act 10. Anyone can check your progress in leagues, do you know about it?))
"
poetest12 wrote:
"
ziipher wrote:
I have no further issues.

You dont have problem because your game ends act 10. Anyone can check your progress in leagues, do you know about it?))

He act like there is no difference between act 8 and t16 map

You are wasting your time. He didn't even play the patch at any place in the game that would test his pc.
Why am I still here
"
Platun4 wrote:
Imagine in 10 years never use a sextant or kill Shaper or any other simple task really, no characters pass 80, and every post just calls every one names and refers to technical support. Just toxic post after post. You all know who im talking about.

Of course he's gonna have these brain rot takes, he doesn't even play the game to begin with so he won't have any performance issues. He was still at act 3 yesterday.

"i fixed it with (insert random fix that doesn't work) so it'll work for you as well, if not then you're just lazy or poor"

To ziipher: clearly your "fixes" it don't work for everyone, but even if they did. It should not be on the users to fix performance on an already properly running game. In literally not a single industry is it normal for users paying for a product to troubleshoot and fix the issues a company caused. Stop glazing bad business practices, GGG is not gonna hire you.
Last edited by FallenInferno on Jul 28, 2023, 12:45:25 PM
Last edited by FallenInferno on Jul 28, 2023, 12:51:07 PM
"

I will try to be as nice as possible here.

Go to the technical support thread if you have any issues. GGG is great at helping you get your pc working as it should.

The patch released was not going to affect those who have good computers that run this game. The hotfixes fixed crashes to clients that even I was experiencing. I have no further issues.

This patch should not have changed gameplay for anyone. If you have issues, it is up to you to go fix them.

Another hotfix will not fix your current problems. Just being honest. If you don't like that response I am sorry.

The only ones still experiencing problems MUST go to technical support, not here.

There is something on "your" end that needs some fixing. Lots of different things you can try.

My original post on here called out those claiming the majority had issues, and claiming that its an fps issue when it isnt.

Those claiming these things i know did nothing to help themselves. In society today, there are those who will complain about issues in their life that they can fix and wish others to fix those issues for them.

Hopefully my comments got some angry enough to realize that they should do something and fix their problems. If not, oh well.

Good luck, hopefully ya'll do something to fix your problems.

18 out of your 21 forum posts are in this thread. You're baiting.
I learned something from the Technical Support section, tried it out just now, and it made my game better.

Even though you've moved your game client to an SSD, the shader cache still stays on your hard drive. I moved my shader cache to my SSD and ran a delirious map, and saw almost no slowdown, even though the shader bar was fully blue for some of the time.

I added the following line in my production_Config.ini file

[GENERAL]
cache_directory=E:\Path of Exile\Cache <-- add this line

If cache_directory already exists, replace the line instead of adding a new line.

E: is my SSD. I created the folder Cache and left it empty.
"
I learned something from the Technical Support section, tried it out just now, and it made my game better.

Even though you've moved your game client to an SSD, the shader cache still stays on your hard drive. I moved my shader cache to my SSD and ran a delirious map, and saw almost no slowdown, even though the shader bar was fully blue for some of the time.

I added the following line in my production_Config.ini file

[GENERAL]
cache_directory=E:\Path of Exile\Cache <-- add this line

If cache_directory already exists, replace the line instead of adding a new line.

E: is my SSD. I created the folder Cache and left it empty.

Tried, tested, only drive is an SSD, no help.
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
Contrary to what some people here may believe, this patch (3.21.2) really did introduce a lot of performance issues and random visual bugs, regardless of what kind of hardware you have. If anyone claims otherwise, they either hang out in their hideout all day without playing any actual content, or they have a configuration that is somehow hitting the "sweet spot" for the new particle system (essentially mirroring the rigs of the development team, assuming any form of performance optimization was done from their side to begin with).

Now, my PC is not the best thing money can buy nowadays (far from it in fact), but it is still a very solid machine (capable of running a game like Battlefield 2042 fully maxed out):

I play at 1080p (1920x1080 resolution), use DirectX12 as a renderer and have VSync set to Locked.
CPU: Core i7 10700k
GPU: RTX 3070 Ti
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz

So far, I have tried all 3 possible rendering options and various different settings, DirectX11 and Vulcan are producing random visual bugs for half of my MTX (regardless of the exact Graphics settings), while DirectX12 does not have those same MTX related bugs at least. A specific example for those bugs that I can give is the combination of Sunrise Shield + Sunrise Weapon Effect applied to it.

Apart from that, I am experiencing random visual bugs with Syndicate content - sometimes various textures will bug out and start flashing when exiting a Research encounter, and the Catarina fight is also producing similar visual bugs (with a 100% success rate so far, seems to happen almost always after the first phase).

When it comes to general performance issues, I can notice drops in my FPS (which were never present before) for content like harbingers (especially harbinger bosses, even more so if there are a couple of them next to each other), harvest and blight. The most significant performance problems (based on my observations so far) seem to be associated with lightning based skill effects, but not isolated to them.

As a conclusion, the game is far from unplayable for me personally (it's just annoying at times), but I can certainly see how that can be true for someone with weaker hardware. Also, it appears that this patch introduced a very serious increase in the RAM usage for the game (it would hardly ever take more than 5 GB before this patch).

And no, the game is not running fine for 99.9% of the player base, I am in a guild with almost 140 members, and most of my guildmates are experiencing the exact same issues as me, some are even having a much worse time when it comes to the overall performance (those who aren't are not really actively playing the game at the moment, mostly sitting AFK in their hideouts) ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info