[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hey there,

first of all thank u for the build guide I had an absolute blast with it.
That's why I decided to push it to the limit and min max it as much as possible.
Here is the Result:

pob: https://pobb.in/WjI0WAkfL_Lo

What is this build for?

Its an awesome league starter, an absolute allrounder and shines most
in alch and go scenarios.
It can run all mods on all maps, the clear is absolutely decent
and the playstyle super fun and zoomy.
It can do all the content that the game has to offer pretty easy and on a fairly low budget.

Can it do uber bosses?

Yes it can do Uber bosses but I would not recommend that to new players,
because it wont one-shot any Uber bosses and that will force u to do the boss mechanics.

Uber Shaper run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXv7B8l6uVI

What makes this build stand out?

The overall comfort of just running unidentified maps, essences and other hard content without thinking too much about mods and just blasting.

Vortex and creeping frost are similar to totems and allow u to move around avoiding hits while doing damage at the same time.

The overall levelling experience is super smooth and getting into red maps works even on a 4-link.

What are the conns:

Enemies cant take more then 36 mil dot damage per second, that means your dps will hit a brick wall at some point .

The build is very vulnerable to Degen since the only source off life recovery is our flasks.
This is especially bad for some boss fights like Sirius or even shaper.

High investments into this build have diminishing returns and wont scale very well in the endgame.
That means no matter how much u invest it will never be a really good Uber boss killer.

Conclusion:

Overall I would say that this is the best League starter I ever played.
It carried me through all of the content and made me a lot of currency.
Its allrounder capability's make it very versatile which for example allows u to adjust your farming strategy if needed.

I highly recommend this build to other players and I will definitely play it again next league

thanks

well done! also, agree with you on your pros and cons. at super high end builds, this build definitely falls off for bossing. but for mapping, it's good.

regarding degen, assuming you're mapping, something you can consider to mitigate the recovery - run death rush ring. if you are comfortable with the playstyle, you can run vaal RF gem, and turn on RF while running the map. sustain is fine. i clear most of the map during VCS. so while there is a DoT cap, raising VCS to as high a dps is actually "useful", since you dont need to CF at all (or even vortex) while running through the whole map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gVClbxzI8&ab_channel=LkGG

i hit 80m in this video, but a few days later it was 100+m. you can see most of my clear occurs during the VCS. 100+m is not an exaggeration, but it's only useful for 100% deli maps. just VCS alone was 17m which is the main dps for mapping (for my playstyle).

thnx that looks awsome i will try that out
Thanks for the guide!
Do you have a spell suppression version?
"
5ecured wrote:

I don't have one, but someone posted a spell suppression cap version earlier this league. Do check out his POB if you are interested in capping your suppression.

"
Destroier33 wrote:
"
LkGGz wrote:
"
Destroier33 wrote:
Heya, I feel I reached quite a good spot and mostly just came to ask for some opinions, as I managed to drop myself an apothecary, so I'm ucnertain where to invest those divines best for now.

I made soem alterations, like e.g. going into the right side of the tree for spell supression, as I noticed that when I'm getting oneshot, it's usually spells (as evident by me almost not dieing anymore at all since I got it).
Also changed the links a bit, but that's mostly for the reason of me being able to grab a relatively cheap skin of the lords early with 3b/2g/1r.

The current state of my build is this: https://pobb.in/ubFT8LMVwAx-

What I had in mind to get next are the friggid wake jewels, but I wanted to ask if there is a more important improvement/multiple I could make first with those divines I got now.

Exp is comming on steadily, so that's the least of my worries for now.

Some suggestions:
1. Get an SotL with the correct colours. Moving CF to chest and Efficacy into gloves. 9.5m DoT DPS >> 12.0m DoT DPS
2. Use Imbued catalyst (caster) on Mark of the Shaper
3. Elemental mastery for inflict at least -18% is not useful because Mastermind of Discord provides minimum -25%

Good luck~

Did number 1 and some further upgrades, 2 will wait till I hit 100, I currently don't feel like I really need more damage (melting through juiced up maps already and not doing uber bosses)

In regards to 3 - Ohhh, so that's how the mastery interacts? I missunderstood that one and expected it will take the base value (11%, increased to 18% by the mastery) and increase that one by an additional -25%, from how it's worded.

Thanks for the advice so far, that's the state of things after the latest round of upgrades: https://pobb.in/O51Usisg0_9F
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Fadedlimes wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

Glad to have helped :)
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
5ecured wrote:

Actually, do you think it is even worth going 100% spell suppression? Is our ele damage mitigation enough, with 75% res and bastion of elements?
"
5ecured wrote:
"
5ecured wrote:

Actually, do you think it is even worth going 100% spell suppression? Is our ele damage mitigation enough, with 75% res and bastion of elements?

I don't think its worth going 100% spell suppression as the defenses are sufficient for softcore mapping.

Spell suppression is good for pinnacle bossing, but that's not the main focus of this build.
Changes some skill tree, killed all bosses/ Maven took me about 10 tryes :)/ so the build is very good ... will play it next league if no nerf :)
"
kufar wrote:
Changes some skill tree, killed all bosses/ Maven took me about 10 tryes :)/ so the build is very good ... will play it next league if no nerf :)

Glad to hear :)

Hope Cold DoT escapes the 3.23 ban hammer!
Great build. My biggest complaint about it is that its really hard to see ground effects to dodge because of vortex. Otherwise it carried me through pretty much everything, except uber bosses though... that might be a learn to play issue. And the blinding ground effect problem lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info