[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
GlassRoots wrote:
"
LkGGz wrote:

What are you dying to in the maps? Might be a playstyle thing.

You might want to try lvl 1 CWDT with lvl 10 Molten Shell for easier proc.

Your life is also on the low side.

a common one is beasts that throw out many projectiles like an advancing wall that one shots me. It could definitely be playstyle as this is my first league to play long enough to get to t16. I've been able to clear most guardian maps, defeat searing exarch, and eater of worlds, mostly without deaths. It's just that sometimes a sup'ed up rare just one shots me so quickly it's hard to tell what happened.

I normally am using shield bash or flame dash moving straight into mobs when vaal cold snap is up, and being a little more cautious while it's down. always trying to move out of the skill path of any rare delirium/beast. Fitting in hatred where i can, and sometimes creeping frost for bosses/tanky rares.

Projectiles like an advancing wall - are you referring to this mob? https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Tentacle_Miscreation

You can purchase 5-ways services if you want to level up fast. But I understand some folks prefer to level up by themselves.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
LkGGz wrote:

Projectiles like an advancing wall - are you referring to this mob? https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Tentacle_Miscreation

You can purchase 5-ways services if you want to level up fast. But I understand some folks prefer to level up by themselves.

Not the player who posted it but I can say those are some of my main causes for death too. Particularly the eater of worlds variant (but probably because it's a lot more common since I'm running eow influence on all my maps as of now). I usually dodge them because the moment I see the flash of the eater of worlds summons, I dash towards them so they die on the vortex on their feet, but if they catch me off screen it's a coin flip if I'll get lucky and run in the right direction.
Hey y'all, feel like I'm hitting a wall and struggling to know what exactly I should replace to min/max more, any suggestions?

https://pobb.in/Ao1V-caxyB27

Thanks in advance :)
"
Coldman172 wrote:
Hey y'all, feel like I'm hitting a wall and struggling to know what exactly I should replace to min/max more, any suggestions?

I think you just need life and levels. At 3.6k everything will blast you out of the face of wraeclast. Your amulet basically doesn't have any, shield and one ring don't have either. Lvl 91 to something like 95 should be easy and give you 4 more points and some extra life too. Getting to 100 is another 5 points. It's surprisingly easier to kill things when you are still alive.

Also get level 21 vortex and creeping frost, and try to get a lvl 21 vaal cold snap, then auras and curses. Vortex, CF and VCS don't need but can use the quality. For auras it's not as necessary but alt quality ones can be better.

Your gloves are missing the Cold DoT multi implicit.

Beyond that, the shield can have more damage (you only have the +1 to cold skills), you can get a +2 amulet, and from that point on, just corrupted implicits for your uniques. You can also get rings with dot multi on them (essence modifiers), or the mark of the shaper + influenced elder combo
"
darth_suicune wrote:
"
Coldman172 wrote:

I think you just need life and levels. At 3.6k everything will blast you out of the face of wraeclast. Your amulet basically doesn't have any, shield and one ring don't have either. Lvl 91 to something like 95 should be easy and give you 4 more points and some extra life too. Getting to 100 is another 5 points. It's surprisingly easier to kill things when you are still alive.

Also get level 21 vortex and creeping frost, and try to get a lvl 21 vaal cold snap, then auras and curses. Vortex, CF and VCS don't need but can use the quality. For auras it's not as necessary but alt quality ones can be better.

Your gloves are missing the Cold DoT multi implicit.

Beyond that, the shield can have more damage (you only have the +1 to cold skills), you can get a +2 amulet, and from that point on, just corrupted implicits for your uniques. You can also get rings with dot multi on them (essence modifiers), or the mark of the shaper + influenced elder combo

I concur with darth_suicune. You need more life, lvl 21 gems for the main skill gems, levels, etc.. Left ring + amulet + shield effectively doesn't have any life rolls (yes, 7 life on amulet).

The right ring's rolls has a lot of room for improvement. You can get a better ring for 50 chaos or less: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/Lm5OErYFn

To add on top of the above:
1. Switch Efficacy on chest into Awakened Ele Focus, Controlled Destruction into Awakened Controlled Destruction
2. lvl 21 Frostbite
3. non-damaging ailments craft on amulet
4. boots with max life corrupted implicit
5. increased effect of armour suffix on utility flasks
6. If your keystone is Crimson Dance, 15% life mastery provides more life

Let us know how it goes. Cheers~
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Last edited by LkGGz on Oct 26, 2023, 12:43:04 PM
Hi LK!

i wonder if u can give me suggestions for upgrading my damage. im following the Tripolar Bear Cold DOT atm

here's my POB https://pobb.in/2FMfL_D8e3lf

i feel like im kinda maxed out and the build said that i can transitions to ignite vortex. Was ignite vortex really boost the damage of the build? or do i need to change to another build? (i really want to be like do some crazy dps if its doable)

would love to get reply from u! cheers
Hello @Gotskiii This build of cold dot is a bit different than tripolar bear one, this one will make your dps go much higher, but will sacrifice defense in return. Personally I've tried both and I like this one more as the dps increase really matters. So I recommend you to start from the first post, check the items that are being used and go from that. Things to check that I just saw in your pobb link: You are still having the spell suppression items, however they are being dropped out with this build. The talent tree is different too (not going for suppression helps us increase our damage a lot).
Helm and belt are different items too, check them out! Last but not as important, the keystone is not the best one with the new build, as you will be using tempest shield that already increases your spell block chance.
Hi @Daiboken thanks for replying!

I see that Tripolar Bear Cold DOT are much more safe to run (but still dying cuz i feel the lack of damage). So LK Cold DOT have more DPS because of the helm and rings CMIIW, how much dps u have now if i may know? And is it worth to switch to LK build rather than change the build entirely (ex switching to EK elementalist)
"
Gotskiii wrote:
Hi @Daiboken thanks for replying!

I see that Tripolar Bear Cold DOT are much more safe to run (but still dying cuz i feel the lack of damage). So LK Cold DOT have more DPS because of the helm and rings CMIIW, how much dps u have now if i may know? And is it worth to switch to LK build rather than change the build entirely (ex switching to EK elementalist)

I think you are also dying because of a lack of life. You don't have any life in your amethyst ring, amulet or belt. You are also lacking damage because your shield doesn't give you any (int shields can give you +1 skills). You are under cap in fire res. Your jewels are... a bit mid. You can get more damage and life for several of them easily. The abyssal jewel is terrible, most of the mods are useless. Getting phasing there is fine (although you could just replace the silver flask for a quartz and get it for free). I think you have an open prefix in your gloves for the +1 aoe skills? Free damage and more aoe on your main mapping skill is always good, and reducing ailment effect without reducing it to 0 will not be particularly helpful.

It seems that you have gone for a tankier build but actually compromised on the tankiness (lower resistances, lower life) to try to add more damage, getting neither of the two. I think that just by adding something like 250 base life (70+ rolls on ring + amu, 90+ on belt, 30+ on abyss), replacing the ring's cold damage craft with fire and chaos res to cap fire and increase chaos and very little else you would feel the build going a lot better, even without changing it

I personally prefer most of Lk's build, tbh. Even if it's not "tankier" because it doesn't have spell suppression, it's very easy to weave in a lot of other defensive stuff, like immunity to most ailments, chaos res or more armor

Changing to EK will play completely different. If you like how this plays, stick with it and adjust or change to Lk's build, as you prefer. If you don't then change builds.
Hi @darth_suicune thanks for reviewing my pob!

so this is my first ever league and still figuring things in Poe,
are adding life in rings, amulet and belt are that mandatory? cuz they only adds like +70 life and i assume that's not influencing my health that much (sorry i'm that new)

gonna try swtiching to LK build and save up some divs to purchase some items!
oh and i saw the Pob of the build ( https://pobb.in/2COcOTdtBMQV ) capped all res but i see not that resistance in the equipment? all i see is the DD have 16-20% lightning and chaos res, two stone ring have lightning and cold res maxed at 16% res, Murder mitts with 42% cold res 31% lightning res and that's it
how can the pob have capped res while the res in the equipment doesnt have that much res? am i missing or read the pob wrong?
Last edited by Gotskiii on Oct 30, 2023, 2:50:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info