[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

this build is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! you cannot run ANY influenced map, if you get stuck, you're done.
frozen instantly, stunned, instantly, freaking ridiculous!
EVERY build I've tried is a scam, this one is one of the biggest scams.
defences are non-existant, where the hell do you even GET 75% resists?!
"
rembihnutur wrote:
Great build. My biggest complaint about it is that its really hard to see ground effects to dodge because of vortex. Otherwise it carried me through pretty much everything, except uber bosses though... that might be a learn to play issue. And the blinding ground effect problem lol

Thanks!

Perhaps Vortex MTX will help. Pay2win XD

On a serious note, editing the contrast / other monitor settings may improve visibility.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Last edited by LkGGz on Nov 24, 2023, 4:10:16 PM
"
Demone3 wrote:
this build is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! you cannot run ANY influenced map, if you get stuck, you're done.
frozen instantly, stunned, instantly, freaking ridiculous!
EVERY build I've tried is a scam, this one is one of the biggest scams.
defences are non-existant, where the hell do you even GET 75% resists?!

Do you have a POB? You're not supposed to be frozen.

If you do not have the Frigid Wake jewel set, then you need to run Soul of the Brine King major pantheon with freeze immunity unlocked. If that isn't unlocked, then the guide recommends running a freeze immunity flask.

If the lvl 94 Elementalist in Standard on your profile is your interpretation of this build, you are missing 7 gems. Additionally, the weapon, shield, gloves, amulet, rings and flasks are quite far from the recommendations of this guide.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Last edited by LkGGz on Nov 24, 2023, 4:28:38 PM
So I think ill play this build in 3.23 considering how much fun I had with it in ToTA, does anyone have a leveling filter specific to this build? I think that would be a great addition to this compendium
"
Dentao wrote:
So I think ill play this build in 3.23 considering how much fun I had with it in ToTA, does anyone have a leveling filter specific to this build? I think that would be a great addition to this compendium

TyTy's AAAACaster loot filter is quite useful for Acts 1-5: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tytykiller/item-filters

For the custom sounds, you need to download it from his Discord channel: https://youtu.be/a4yvJgRBTC0?si=RqMlLaOJ2Xf0dEA_

I will add this to the FAQ. Thanks for the suggestion :)
Last edited by LkGGz on Nov 28, 2023, 10:11:49 AM
How do the new patch notes look? I see cold snap and vortex is changed. Not sure the impact.
3.23 Change to Vortex cast time is now 0.75s. This is a nerf to this build.
Huge QOL change.
Yeah im interested too, vortex no longer being instant I assume is a massive hit to all cold dot builds
Yeah the vortex change looks awful…
Keep in mind:

we don't know what the alternate vortex gems do. it would be hilarious if there was one where you can cast it anywhere rather than only on your feet.

there is a cast time, but there is also no cooldown on the ability itself. obviously you can't run it on left click but it may up the mapping speed now that vortex has no cooldown. i'd also imagine that cast speed can make it cast even faster to the point where you'd hardly notice it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info