[3.24] Ice Shot / Lightning Arrow Deadeye (Or Tornado Shot) - 400%+ MS, League Start Viable!

"
philthechil wrote:
Should I use Tanu Ahi for endgame bossing? Or should I switch to a rare? Currently using shadows and dust but it lacks on bosses. I have thread of hope, interrogation, hyrri's ire, dying sun

Depends what you mean by "endgame bossing"

if you're doing invitations or higher difficulty of pinnacle content, you should either get a pair of rare gloves or do the raise spectres tech but on either Tanu Ahi or maligaro's virtuosity. (but those require a bit more swaping stuff around)

if you're doing rare gloves, you'd ultimately want life, suppress, attack speed while focused and either resist or attributes. for implicit you want intimidate and mark effect.
I'm finding Blink Arrow of Bombarding Clones to be a pretty nice way of combining my movement skill with the Artillery Ballista bossing utility. I replaced my ballista set up with BAoBC, Inspiration, Increased Crit Strikes, Increased Crit Damage, and Second Wind. It puts out 3 clones dropping rain of arrows all over the place that last 20 seconds each which is pretty sweet.
"
TheUnravel wrote:
It's my first time playing bow build and i am enjoying it a lot. I have a problem with my build. I am somehow not able to generate any rage, frenzy or power charges. They generate very rarely. Since i am new to the bow builds i cannot find the issue but i am guessing it has something to do with manaforged arrows support. My TS costs only 1 mana. I will leave my pob here. Please somebody help me.

https://pobb.in/Si6WP7ZtRL05

Maybe you should consider removing some mana reduction ? I did the same mistake (I was spending 0 mana for the TS) and simply removed some mana cost reduction. My TS costs me now 8 mana and it's perfectly fine. I have 140 unreserved mana and I never ever have mana problems since I have a bit of leech

PS : if anyone wanna discuss about the build, feel free to DM me. I'm interested in learning how other people play and who knows, maybe I can also share some knowledge
Last edited by Shiver02 on Dec 17, 2023, 1:59:22 PM
I had a great start following this build so thanks for that!

However, I'm clearing red maps whith ease but my single target damage is aweful.

Several persons asked the same question in the thread but I couldn't find any sensible answer.

Most people seem to use artillery ballistas but these have terrible damage. I've tried barrage totems instead but that's still not great at all.

I didn't switch to crits yet but that won't fix the lack of a true single target skill.

What did I miss?

My current PoB if anyone wanna have a look : https://pobb.in/NRuAb9EXP7fB
"
artifleur wrote:

However, I'm clearing red maps whith ease but my single target damage is aweful.

Several persons asked the same question in the thread but I couldn't find any sensible answer.

Most people seem to use artillery ballistas but these have terrible damage. I've tried barrage totems instead but that's still not great at all.

I didn't switch to crits yet but that won't fix the lack of a true single target skill.

What did I miss?

I'd switch out added cold with barrage. Switch out Hypothermia with Elemental Attacks. Does need a re-color. Also will link my PoB https://pobb.in/FrrYz8iSOglP I have no issues with most bosses with my setup at least.

Also don't worry so much about the chaos resist/life stuff. Rather go for more damage. Switch out your Purity too asap for Anger possibly.
Last edited by bluesylph on Dec 17, 2023, 2:38:49 PM
Cheers,
I‘m using The interrogation, any idea which brittle value to put into PoB to proper calculate the crit chance?
"
Prong007 wrote:
Cheers,
I‘m using The interrogation, any idea which brittle value to put into PoB to proper calculate the crit chance?

The guy that created the build uses 4 in his pob, but I don't know on how much it procs on bosses. If we assume we can proc the max (which is 6) I would be overcapped by 20% crit chance in my current build and it's annoying
Last edited by Shiver02 on Dec 17, 2023, 3:23:10 PM
"
Prong007 wrote:
Cheers,

I'd put 2, 3 if you have the 50% increased effect of non damaging ailment you inflict with crits and 4 if you have a lot of cold damage such as from hyrri's ire. In the end it also kinda depends what type of content you're doing though so maybe try to pay attention to the value shown in game on the monster name
"
bluesylph wrote:
I'd switch out added cold with barrage. Switch out Hypothermia with Elemental Attacks. Does need a re-color. Also will link my PoB https://pobb.in/FrrYz8iSOglP I have no issues with most bosses with my setup at least.

Also don't worry so much about the chaos resist/life stuff. Rather go for more damage. Switch out your Purity too asap for Anger possibly.

Chaos resist is really important if you don't wanna randomly get one shot and purity of element is higher value than anger unless you're one of the top racer.

purity of element frees up 3 suffix on your gear in resistances and make you ailment immune whereas anger gives you flat damage equivalent to roughly 20% more damage.

To put this in perspective, if you had anger and a quiver with 40% to cold, fire and lightning resistance, you'd get more damage and Qol by switching to purity of element with a quiver that had crit multi, attack speed and projectile speed.

It's all about opportunity cost, purity of element is actually really hard to beat as an aura.
"
artifleur wrote:

What did I miss?

Nothing wrong with swapping to crit later than I recommend but you need to understand that you limit yourself to fewer sources of damage scaling.

As a result you should absolutely prioritize those sources. Mainly flat added damage, projectile speed, elemental damage with attacks, attack speed, double damage.

which is why I recommend using prismweave and karui ward before the swap to crit.

I notice that you have 5.5k accuracy, 4.5k life and 16% overcap chaos resist, all of which is way overkill.

if you allocated the resources you spent in accuracy and life in damage and evasion, you would have more damage and feel tankier. Craft better flasks and let them carry your survivability.

edit: Also, Artillery ballistae are unmatched for single target and it's not even close.
Last edited by yankuch on Dec 17, 2023, 4:02:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info