[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Maaster wrote:
Given the Inspiration change, we might struggle with mana during the early stages of the build (basically when we need Dreamer to sustain), due to how less and reduced interact with mana cost.

Any idea how to fix this? Or can somebody do the math to see if its a big deal? Maybe we can still sustain, even with the changes.

It's 39% and 10%, which means about 55% now vs. 51% before.

Relatively speaking, it will cost 8% more. I don't think it's going to be dramatic. You could allocate the first node in the Disciple of the Forbidden cluster for mana regen per power charge and call ot a day.
Build updated for 3.25

Replacing Hatred (RIP) with Zealotry is the only major change for now.

We should get significantly more ES on the new bases and the changed armor quality. Depending on how well that goes, there may be additional changes later.
Hey, i want to leagestart this build. have try it 3.19 (Scion) or so and quit it because i was noob. i give it a try again and have more knowledge about poe.

the start is sss.... i hate mine playstyle but it is only 2h
play/learn/craft in standard for a save leagestart - all cost only a kedney - so crafting after friday.

i want to ask how you farm curry whit this build in the first days?
maybe you can tell me 2 or 3 obtions.

ty and all a good start

sry for bad english

"
Kokojambo1987 wrote:
Hey, i want to leagestart this build. have try it 3.19 (Scion) or so and quit it because i was noob. i give it a try again and have more knowledge about poe.

play/learn/craft in standard for a save leagestart - all cost only a kedney - so crafting after friday.

ty and all a good start

sry for bad english

Essence and Blight are great with this build and should be good money at League start. Don't forget to buy synth rings as soon as possible, they go up in price very fast.

I personally use cold dot before switching to Ice Storm : Cold Snap, Creeping Frost and Vortex, follow the leveling PoB, except add in the four cold dot nodes at the top of the tree for more damage. I find it more fun than mines.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Kokojambo1987 wrote:

ty and all a good start

sry for bad english

Essence and Blight are great with this build and should be good money at League start. Don't forget to buy synth rings as soon as possible, they go up in price very fast.

I personally use cold dot before switching to Ice Storm : Cold Snap, Creeping Frost and Vortex, follow the leveling PoB, except add in the four cold dot nodes at the top of the tree for more damage. I find it more fun than mines.

How do u usually farm Blight

building towers strat? this is when it doesn't matter which build, if you do everything correctly, then the towers will do everything for you.

I'm just not comfortable with this build on blight maps. Not the fastest build, and not with the most impressive damage. And that's what you basically want to have, to minimize the chances of shitting yourself.
"
santjohn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Kokojambo1987 wrote:

ty and all a good start

sry for bad english

How do u usually farm Blight

building towers strat? this is when it doesn't matter which build, if you do everything correctly, then the towers will do everything for you.

I'm just not comfortable with this build on blight maps. Not the fastest build, and not with the most impressive damage. And that's what you basically want to have, to minimize the chances of shitting yourself.

Yes, also in the past leagues I have made money with expedition…I guess any content that doesn’t fail if you don’t complete in certain amount of time is doable with this build….for those time based mechanics you need to turn off time by atlas node or increase time by a lot via atlas nodes.

I would check wealthy exile to figure out how to make money and see which one is can tolerate the most :)

QQ: sync ring, what item level is the best ? I have done this in the paste…I forgot what I did, so please refresh my memory.
Last edited by gruumine on Jul 24, 2024, 3:24:40 PM
Blight strategy :

On each chokepoint, you build lvl3 cold and stun (don't upgrade to lvl4!) and enhamce lvl 3. Make sure your cold tower is closer to the pump, as it can freeze only a certain number of mobs, so you only want stun immune mobs to go through. This should perma stunlock every mob. They're going to get into neat group the size of your self-cast storms. You keep a storm on each group and they should melt.

When you have extra points, build meteor tower. Enhance tower ramge annoint is nice and meteor tower burning grounds annoint bypasses shielded enemies.

With prismatic oils added in and the possibility of double annoints in blight-ravaged, it should be good money.
Nothing changed from 3.24 about the old league mechanics. None of them are worth the time they take. Simply clearing maps and doing more maps per hour will get you more profit than doing any of those mechanics. The 3.24 Casual Farming Strategy should work just fine. Ignore the Necropolis-specific stuff, the rest is still good. Farm scarabs, add boxes and extra map drops. Sell T17 maps or farm them yourself - the difficulty got nerfed.

I'm going to path straight to the red influence clusters at the start. Then add scarabs, boxes, shrines.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 24, 2024, 9:16:06 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Nothing changed from 3.24 about the old league mechanics. None of them are worth the time they take. Simply clearing maps and doing more maps per hour will get you more profit than doing any of those mechanics. The 3.24 Casual Farming Strategy should work just fine. Ignore the Necropolis-specific stuff, the rest is still good. Farm scarabs, add boxes and extra map drops. Sell T17 maps or farm them yourself - the difficulty got nerfed.

I'm going to path straight to the red influence clusters at the start. Then add scarabs, boxes, shrines.

Scarabs drop rates seem to be nerfed, though. The patch notes say they're now proportional to map drop rates. Plus, essence mobs take a few seconds per map and are worth 5-50C each. Seems worth it.
Hype! I love this build. Thanks for always keeping it updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info