[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Do you think sacrificing some gems for a 3Link Specter Setup to get some of the new insane aura minions would be worth it ?
"
Turbopuschel1 wrote:
Do you think sacrificing some gems for a 3Link Specter Setup to get some of the new insane aura minions would be worth it ?

Try it yourself and let us know how it works out!

I would note that, unless the minions are immortal, you won't have any passives that contribute to minion health and resistances.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Turbopuschel1 wrote:

Try it yourself and let us know how it works out!

I would note that, unless the minions are immortal, you won't have any passives that contribute to minion health and resistances.

I tried putting in an Animate Guardian with 2-3div worth of gear on a Hungry Loop with three defensive support gems last league, for science.

It lasted two non-juiced T16 maps. Would not recommend. If you don't gear up for minion resists and health, they will die constantly.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:

/played 4d 22h

nope, curse by frostblink

chest piece bought for 28d

That would explain why I didn't see that chest on trade -- I was looking for 1 div or less stuff.

Played solo or in a group? Did you hit big with a high-div item, or were you farming at a high div/hour rate because it was in the first few days of the league?

I ask because that's the one thing about this game I haven't figured out -- the economy. What could I possibly farm 2 weeks after league start that would get me even a div/hour. Heist isn't doing it any more, nor are essences. Maybe I'll hit it lucky in a level 83 blueprint, but again where are the consistent returns? Ah well. I remember ichbinwerki saying he did a couple hundred chaos recipes because that's what worked for him. Yikes. It's true I could do the same, as enough rares drop for that, especially because I continue to farm low level maps for essences/contracts.

Maybe I'm just not the type to farm something over and over again, and that's really my problem.

It's about multipliers, just like DPS or defenses, and efficiency.

You can look up my post in this thread and on reddit about how I farmed a Mageblood through Conqueror invitations last league, at about 6-7div/hour without any sextant or optimization, for example. This league, I was farming Essences + Maven 10-ways (regular invitations) on a scuffed build for the first week and a half and I got about 2div/hour, selling everything at a discount on TFT in bulk.

I also farmed on another build Harvest with Delirium + pack size + Essences + blue Altars and four sextants. It's also decent money, but you have to wait later in the League, when Harvest juice is more pricey. I did use the "don't use sextant charges" craft, though, so that strategy is not as convenient as before.

These are two examples, but there are many more, like Uber Bossing, Simulacrum, Heist, Delve, Magic Find, etc. You just need to find the right way of going efficiently through each mechanic in a way that stacks multipliers on top of each other. There are a lot of guides out there from content creator that are much smarter than me.

Most importantly, if you struggle getting 1div/hour, you can probably work a lot of efficiency into your grinding. For example, how many maps do you roll at the same time? If you roll ten maps at a time, you can shift+click all tne in a row with a scour, then shift+click 40 times chisels, then shift+click ten times alchs. It goes faster than applying one currency at a time. When you get out of a map, how long do you spend before you get in the next one? Usually, you should open your stach, ctrl+click everything and drop in the next map. You save tremendous amount of time and if you're twice as efficient, you get twice the div/hour. Hell, when you're used to it, you can drop a map, hit the button and drop all of your loot while the portals are opening. Then you sell stuff like Essences or Harvest juice in bulk, either the whole tab on TFT or 10 at a time, and you save more time doing less trades and farming more. Same for buying : instead of buying scarabs/sextant one at a time, buy 50 at a time. Even if you pay 10% more to get many, the time you save is worth more than the premium you're paying.

The less time you spend thinking about your next move, the more maps you can grind in an hour. Some people roll a hundred maps at a time and just play through them with a single strategy. No thinking, no time wasted. That's a bit extreme, but I think 10 at a time makes a lot of sense.

Hope that helps!
"
Vandamonia wrote:
Is this build capable of killing the 85 Uber bosses?

Absolutely, and even confortably at the top end.
So to use TFT I have to set up a discord account and also use an app to post prices? Why aren't they using POE trade? (Yes, I've never used TFT.)

I'll go check it out.

Regarding your comment about efficiency, even if I run at half your speed, that's still 0.5 div/hour -- and I'm not seeing even that. Anyway, thank you for your previous post on this (again in response to my whining), as well as your current one.

I'll see if level 83+ blueprints get me anything good. I'm averaging about 5c a wing (unlike last league I played where I averaged ~70c a wing.)

------------------

Well shit I just found out about The Seventh Gate atlas keystone. It allows you to choose from all possible map crafts, not just the ones available in the league! Well crap there's a 3x efficiency gain right there.

It's too bad my kid is arriving tomorrow for the holidays and she'll want to use my desktop until the New Year's!

-------------------

Yeah, it was the lack of the Seventh Gate that made my farming horrificly slow. Now it feels normal.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 20, 2023, 9:16:36 PM
I just cleared one of the most difficult maps I've done up until date. I wanted to share it. It's a 8 mod very juiced map with 12k wisps and about 100%+ monster attack and cast rate. I had a couple of deaths here and there but it was still smooth overall. I don't think there are many builds out there that could clear this map comfortably, especially without an aurabot. The build comes together very nicely once you invest enough currency into it. I also made some changes today and swapped the immortal call link into herald of ice. It reduced my survivability a bit but I still have about 100k ehp and the overall clear is much better. Mobs that are two screen away die to herald of ice which is pretty nice.

https://youtu.be/GrgYDHw3tb8?si=u4XzL_Lhb8EgX3sJ
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:

/played 4d 22h

nope, curse by frostblink

chest piece bought for 28d

That would explain why I didn't see that chest on trade -- I was looking for 1 div or less stuff.

Played solo or in a group? Did you hit big with a high-div item, or were you farming at a high div/hour rate because it was in the first few days of the league?

I ask because that's the one thing about this game I haven't figured out -- the economy. What could I possibly farm 2 weeks after league start that would get me even a div/hour. Heist isn't doing it any more, nor are essences. Maybe I'll hit it lucky in a level 83 blueprint, but again where are the consistent returns? Ah well. I remember ichbinwerki saying he did a couple hundred chaos recipes because that's what worked for him. Yikes. It's true I could do the same, as enough rares drop for that, especially because I continue to farm low level maps for essences/contracts.

Maybe I'm just not the type to farm something over and over again, and that's really my problem.

well i not target-farming smth or doing service or flipping on trade or smth else. just doing content that i like ) so all my currency just lucky drops )
Which Wildwood Ascendancy should we go for end game stuff
having such a blast with this build, its so ridiculous in my opinion. killed every uber with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info