[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

So, after a lot of work (and even more labs!) I got this build to pretty much match the endgame one given us. But when I look in PoB, it shows my avg hit at 140k, while our model is at 818k. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Here's a POB for my current build: https://pobb.in/Gunf5S03JMn5
"
weisenheimer wrote:
So, after a lot of work (and even more labs!) I got this build to pretty much match the endgame one given us. But when I look in PoB, it shows my avg hit at 140k, while our model is at 818k. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

You haven't done any Configurations, try to mimic them from the original PoB and assess if you got everything in your build that is checkmarked.
Thanks. That did get my PoP up 100k, to 281k. But htat's still a lot less than Kelvynn's damage.Anything else you can see that i'm missing?
"
weisenheimer wrote:
Thanks. That did get my PoP up 100k, to 281k. But htat's still a lot less than Kelvynn's damage.Anything else you can see that i'm missing?

I don't have time today to go over your build with a microscope, so I will offer general comments. Note that I run into the same issue myself each league I play when I compare my PoB to Kelvynn's.

As it turns out, EVERY LITTLE THING COUNTS.

Got to max that Int. Make sure each and every thing in the passive tree is 100% correct. Make sure each and every enchant is on every item. Make sure the configuration matches. EVERYTHING.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 8, 2023, 10:23:44 AM
"
weisenheimer wrote:

In Pob Configuration page check boxes for

Do you use Power Charges
Is the enemy Low Life
Is the enemy Exposed to Cold
Is the enemy Unnerved

Set # of Intensity to 4

Low life is needed for Punishment to count.

After that you could get more int, mostly missing Fertile Mind in the far right jewel socket, %int in helmet and if you go for real endgame crafts %attributes on amulet. Should be 200 or so more int total.

You are also missing Forbidden Flame/Flesh. Ambush and Assasinate gives tons of damage when enemy is low life.

For dps flasks you could add Atziri's Promise and The Wise Oak (that requires juggling with resistances)
"
weisenheimer wrote:

Helmet doesn't have %int as a suffix (big hit to damage).

Eldritch implicit on chest is wrong. One of them should be either % less damage per int or increased effect of Hatred.

You still have Charisma as an annoint. Having Tranquility is a big chunk of damage. You shouldn't need Charisma with Enlighten 4.

Why are you running Forbidden Taste? It does literally nothing, as you don't have life. Witchfire Brew also does almost nothing. Your magic flasks would have better uptime with charge gained on crit as a prefix. You have an anti-corrupted blood suffix on Jade Flask, but you're already immune because of your jewel. Go through all of your flasks with the guide again, it'll help a lot.

Your Watcher's Eye needs at least one Hatred damage mod. Your second and third mods on it do very little for you.

Replace two rare jewels with a Forbidden duo. In the high-end PoB, low life is checked. Ambush and Assassinate give 50% more damage. That is absolutely huge. Even budget alternatives are better than two rare jewels. Your Foul Rain rare jewel gives next to nothing.

Can't take a look at your PoB, but make sure the attributes mastery is the right one. Depending on your current intelligence, int per mastery might be better.

Critical Mastery for more crit against full-life enemies is near useless. Because we're doing a lot of small hits with Ice Storm, only the first hit will benefit.

Make sure all of your flasks are 20% quality. Can't check without PoB opened and it's a common mistake.

Hope that helps!
"
Mayami18 wrote:
are the PoB-links already updated? the gems seem not updated, still using vortex in the budget setup and alt quality gems in the endgame version. those could be a bit misleading for new guys on this build that don't read the comment pages etc. I assume they will be rdy for leaguestart though (at least the budget) :D

Updated the Budget version. Changed the gems and tweaked some items since it was apparently not even res capped because of switching items over the last few leagues.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Mayami18 wrote:
are the PoB-links already updated? the gems seem not updated, still using vortex in the budget setup and alt quality gems in the endgame version. those could be a bit misleading for new guys on this build that don't read the comment pages etc. I assume they will be rdy for leaguestart though (at least the budget) :D

Updated the Budget version. Changed the gems and tweaked some items since it was apparently not even res capped because of switching items over the last few leagues.

you mis-entered the URL.

based on my calculations, this should be the correct url.

https://pobb.in/xpbiFYUELfvl

please correct it in the first post.
"
Cjin wrote:

Doesn't this show a little bit too high dps number though? Now pob thinks the enemy is at low life 100% of the time but in reality it's low life only ~50% of the time (technically more if we ramp up damage).
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Cjin wrote:

Doesn't this show a little bit too high dps number though? Now pob thinks the enemy is at low life 100% of the time but in reality it's low life only ~50% of the time (technically more if we ramp up damage).

If you looking for average damage, it is too much, but then again without it, it is too little. But that is how PoB works. If you want it to show average of low life dps and not low life dps... it is not possible. Best you can do is suggest change (or additional option for it) to PoB devs. and count average yourself. And then you can argue that since low health dps is so much higher enemy is less time at low life. But then you can argue that a lot of mechanics get worse lower the life gets making it better. And so on and so on.

Just shows that PoB is like any other tool. Only as good as the person using the tool.

Because of stuff like this, and Pob not being able to show actual dps of Icestorm, for example. It is good at looking how much changing item/talents change damage and ehp in one build, but it is bad at comparing stuff like damage between two different builds.
Last edited by Cjin on Dec 8, 2023, 12:34:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info