[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

What league mechanics does this build excel at?

I played it last league with Blight and while it was okay, I wouldn't say Blight is a particularly demanding mechanic.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Mayami18 wrote:
are the PoB-links already updated? the gems seem not updated, still using vortex in the budget setup and alt quality gems in the endgame version. those could be a bit misleading for new guys on this build that don't read the comment pages etc. I assume they will be rdy for leaguestart though (at least the budget) :D

Updated the Budget version. Changed the gems and tweaked some items since it was apparently not even res capped because of switching items over the last few leagues.

Budget version link gives a 404. something seems to be wrong ;)
"
Gottwurm wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Mayami18 wrote:
are the PoB-links already updated? the gems seem not updated, still using vortex in the budget setup and alt quality gems in the endgame version. those could be a bit misleading for new guys on this build that don't read the comment pages etc. I assume they will be rdy for leaguestart though (at least the budget) :D

Updated the Budget version. Changed the gems and tweaked some items since it was apparently not even res capped because of switching items over the last few leagues.

Budget version link gives a 404. something seems to be wrong ;)

Fixed.
"

I played it last league with Blight and while it was okay, I wouldn't say Blight is a particularly demanding mechanic.

This is a 'jack of all trades' build. It's not specialized for any particular league mechanics. It can do whatever you want. You typically have enough Atlas tree points to farm at least 3-4 mechanics at once. That's what I normally do.
I haven't seen any transfigured gems we would use. I'm sure several of you folks are smarter than me and saw something. If so, what did you see?
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 8, 2023, 1:48:28 PM
"

I look at it more like there are a few mechanics it doesn't excel at, based on its characteristics vs. other great builds:

- its AOE is moderate sized, so it doesn't excel at mechanics that want you to clear 2 screens wide, like Legion
- its move speed is fixed at a moderate value, so it also doesn't excel for strategies that rely on zooming at hyper speed
- it can't do elemental reflect

Other than that, it will do basically anything well.
this league i am going ultimatum and blight.
few of my friends are going ultimatum and expedition.
Last edited by gruumine on Dec 8, 2023, 1:58:31 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Helmet doesn't have %int as a suffix (big hit to damage).

[And a lot of other suggestions]

Hope that helps!

It did help, Winter. I didn't change the helmet, because I couldn't craft anything as good, not to mention better! I also couldn't change attr mastery; i need the str too badly. But I took all the other suggestions to heart, and made the changes. PoB shows just over 1,000,000 for the avg hit with the boss fight IceStorm!

Now, to test it out ...

Thanks, Winter!

Oh, and here's the PoB: https://pobb.in/x1Y1GJxl0dQV
Last edited by weisenheimer on Dec 8, 2023, 11:41:32 PM
As a data point, how did you guys that have staves already manage to pay for them?

I got lucky and got mine for 3 alchs. Was the lowest priced one all day yesterday.

I have seen zero chaos orbs and am about to finish act 4 after about 8.5 hours /played. That's due to 56 deaths so far, and several crashes. Also, the zoning time is very slow -- sometimes it takes 60 seconds. (I have a fast machine.)
Sold Vaal Molten Shell for 1c, bought staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info