[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
whiterockxx wrote:
I was thinking how the WI will perform now. There are 2 problems to solve:

- Arcane Surge (less mana regen and less cast speed);

- Bonechill (about 20% of the overall damage comes from here);

For mapping in general there will be no big difference wen reach a decent gear quality, but for bossing we really need to find a way to apply bonechill from the start to the end of the fight specially on ubers.

Maybe self cast the vortex and link it to Inc duration could be an option.

I'm tring to find a better way to make things easer for lazy players like me that dont like many buttons to click and worry xD!

We already aren't using Arcane Surge anymore. First point of the Disciple of the forbidden cluster should be enough.

Vaal Coldsnap on a CWDT link is probably the best replacement for Vortex right now. It should also work on bosses, especially since you can self-cast the vaal version.
"
AdamSanders wrote:
Interestingly enough.

The new base type changes for simplex amulet:
-2 total prefixes, 100% increased magnitude of explicits.

Awakened orb together a 1%damage per 15 int amulet with a 12% increased intel amulet. Craft on hybrid str/int

And you’re left with an amulet that has almost 20% more damage than a 6 mod mirror tier synth amulet.

Neat.

I think that the amulet will still keep its -1 suffix. So 1 pre and 2 suffixes. There are a few decent options to benchcraft though.
Icestorm doesn't have its skill gem so won't have any transfigured effects :( [sad panda sounds]
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"

and shield is also unchanged?
Given the increased QOL from Cyclone MS with the new gem quality and the changes to Ralakesh’s Impatience, what are everyone’s thoughts on the potential for swapping out The Stampede in exchange for free perms charge buffs?
"
Dudeinsky wrote:
Given the increased QOL from Cyclone MS with the new gem quality and the changes to Ralakesh’s Impatience, what are everyone’s thoughts on the potential for swapping out The Stampede in exchange for free perms charge buffs?

Free perm charge buffs are pretty awesome, however, not worth the following

- 19% less move speed
- 30 int, few ES, etc basically a skill point that you can annoint on the old boots
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Dudeinsky wrote:

- 19% less move speed
- 30 int, few ES, etc basically a skill point that you can annoint on the old boots

Agreed. Let's also not forget the interaction with Nature's Patience, which lets us ignore the grasping vines, and the CDR on Frostblink.

While Endurance charges are always nice, Frenzy charges are less interesting in this build, as cast speed does not act as a multiplier to our damage, because we have a maximum of five storms. If we use Vaal Coldsnap of CWDT, it's even less interesting, as we generate Frenzy charges anyway for the 4% more damage per charge.

There could be an argument that some rare boots could outperform The Stampede with very high investment. For example, if we had elevated Tailwind boots + 30% move speed + 5% action speed + high int roll, we could have something that gets us more move speed, even during Cycloning. However, Tranquility is 15% damage and Whispers of Doom is four whole skill points, so it's very, very difficult to justify a mirror-tier pair of rare boots when you can spend under a divine for Stampede + annoint and ignore Grasping vines to boot.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Dudeinsky wrote:

- 19% less move speed

Agreed. Let's also not forget the interaction with Nature's Patience, which lets us ignore the grasping vines, and the CDR on Frostblink.

While Endurance charges are always nice, Frenzy charges are less interesting in this build, as cast speed does not act as a multiplier to our damage, because we have a maximum of five storms. If we use Vaal Coldsnap of CWDT, it's even less interesting, as we generate Frenzy charges anyway for the 4% more damage per charge.

There could be an argument that some rare boots could outperform The Stampede with very high investment. For example, if we had elevated Tailwind boots + 30% move speed + 5% action speed + high int roll, we could have something that gets us more move speed, even during Cycloning. However, Tranquility is 15% damage and Whispers of Doom is four whole skill points, so it's very, very difficult to justify a mirror-tier pair of rare boots when you can spend under a divine for Stampede + annoint and ignore Grasping vines to boot.

The big benefit that could be gained from Ralakesh’s would be replacing Power Charge on Crit with something better. Problem is that the better option is Cold Penetration/Energy Lecch, and those are pretty much same damage as PCoC. So only real benefit would be only extra physical damage reduction and ele res from Endurance charges. At cost of an anointment. And flask slot if you want to have quicksilver.
Last edited by Cjin on Dec 4, 2023, 3:07:00 PM
Hello, wonderful Icestorm loving people! I'm back to check out the new league. December is always a busy time for me, so my play time should be less than the usual in this league.

I've watched the trailers/teasers/livestream and ...WOW! This is going to be the most OP league ever, or what?

1. We get new Ascendancies on top of the existing ones!

Warden: +50% all res, extra damage reduction and evasion, ailment avoidance/reduction. This will make leveling and early mapping a breeze. You can either don't worry about resists at all and max your Int and ES early, or drop Purity of Elements and start using Hatred right away. Or both.

Primalist: You get 6 class-defining features from other classes! This is INSANE. Will need to see the full list, of course. But Occultist corpse explosion is already a must have for mapping. Probably going to swap Discipline or Hatred for a Blasphemy curse while farming maps to make packs explode before they can even hit me.

Warlock: for boss killing? Having an uber boss deal ZERO damage 40% of the time, or constantly spawn a bunch of adds to leech from - sounds crazy. Especially combined with them taking increased damage, dealing reduced damage and whatever the Dark Effigy does.

The main question there is how easy it is to switch between those ascendancies.

2. Simplex Amulet: are they for real?! A guaranteed 28% Int and 2% dmg per 15 Int - that's nuts! Even without getting lucky with other mods.

3. Vortex got nerfed. That's sad. RIP Vortex. But not really a huge deal. I'm just going to put Frost Shield into that link. The extra damage from it has never been very reliable against highly mobile bosses anyway.

4. Transfigured gems replacing alternate quality. Icestorm is not a gem, so we don't get any benefits for our main skill. But maybe there is something useful for the other gems that we do use.

Overall, my only concern is that 3.23 is going to be too easy and over too quickly. I tend to lose interest after finishing 40/40 challenges.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 4, 2023, 5:39:21 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

3. Vortex got nerfed. That's sad. RIP Vortex. But not really a huge deal. I'm just going to put Frost Shield into that link. The extra damage from it has never been very reliable against highly mobile bosses anyway.

check out vaal cold snap changes
and cool snap of power
might be better option than Frost shield

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info