[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

2. Simplex Amulet: are they for real?! A guaranteed 28% Int and 2% dmg per 15 Int - that's nuts! Even without getting lucky with other mods.

But how do you get a Shaper's version of it? You can use a Crusader's exalt on a normal one. But what about the Shaper's?

Harvest crafting bench has "Randomise the Influence types on an Influenced Normal, Magic or Rare Item, as well as reforging the item with new random modifiers" for 1000 blue lifeforce.
"
JohnBaneling wrote:
How good is this build for Delve?

Depth 500 is trivial and optimal for farming. You can find bosses often enough. You find all the expensive fossils very often. And Harbingers. They are all completely trivial at that depth with this build. I've spent a couple of days farming there and got several multi-divine Aul drops (helmets and amulets), a whole lot of all types of fossils, and several Fracturing shards. The only problem was boredom.

Then I went down and reached depth 1000 just for fun. Around 600-700 it stops being easy or fun. The bosses get WAY too much hp. And the random Archnemesis rares can ruin any node regardless of its content. Also, the new Beyond equals instant death.

I killed Aul with relatively harmless mods at depth 990 but it took way too long to be worth it. The loot is obviously the same at any depth.

So if Delve is your thing then depth 500 is where you can farm everything easily with this build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 4, 2023, 5:24:15 PM
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

2. Simplex Amulet: are they for real?! A guaranteed 28% Int and 2% dmg per 15 Int - that's nuts! Even without getting lucky with other mods.

But how do you get a Shaper's version of it? You can use a Crusader's exalt on a normal one. But what about the Shaper's?

Harvest crafting bench has "Randomise the Influence types on an Influenced Normal, Magic or Rare Item, as well as reforging the item with new random modifiers" for 1000 blue lifeforce.

Awesome! So you get a normal Simplex amulet, slam it with the cheapest conquerors exalt, and then randomize influence until you get Shaper's. Problem solved. Cheap and easy OP amulets for everybody!
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Why would you need Shaper base?
You just use awakener's orb and slap Shaper amulet on it.

"
WinterHiko wrote:
Vaal Coldsnap on a CWDT link is probably the best replacement for Vortex right now.

Vaal skills cannot be triggered by CWDT. Or was that changed recently?
"
sumienie wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Oh! I forgot that only one of the two amulets needs to be the desired base. That's what I get for finishing leagues too quickly! :)

So the problem doesn't exist. Slam any Shaper's amulet onto a Crusaders's Simplex one.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sumienie wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Oh! I forgot that only one of the two amulets needs to be the desired base. That's what I get for finishing leagues too quickly! :)

So the problem doesn't exist. Slam any Shaper's amulet onto a Crusaders's Simplex one.

Exactly, only issue with simplex is that we need to use essence/harvest/chaos (whichever is cheaper) to roll it, as we cannot use alternation due to implicit (blue has 0 mods), so keep all those low tier essences for it!
"
gruumine wrote:
check out vaal cold snap changes
and cool snap of power
might be better option than Frost shield

Doesn't seem to be better. Vortex was instant. If we are to cast a non-instant spell then Frost Shield provides more benefits.

I'm curious about the transfigured versions of Frost Shield. We'll see soon enough.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Vaal Coldsnap on a CWDT link is probably the best replacement for Vortex right now.

Vaal skills cannot be triggered by CWDT. Or was that changed recently?

If you link Vaal Coldsnap with CWDT, regular Coldsnap will trigger, which will apply the chilled grounds automatically (great for mapping and useful while bossing). When bossing, you can drop Vaal Coldsnap on the boss for extra effect.

This would let us get an automatic generation of chilled grounds and a manual one for stationnary bosses. It's not perfect, as it requires lvl20 CWDT, but I think it's better than dropping Frost Shield on the boss and having to stay there the whole time.

Another idea that might have been buried in the multiple past pages. If you allocate the first node in the Disciple of the Forbidden cluster, we get 48% increased mana regen (8% per power charge).

In the budget PoB, if you replace the whole Dreamer cluster (4 points) with that single point, we still get a very healthy ratio of cost per second vs. mana regen per second that is similar to the current high-end PoB's ratio, but we save a full three points (143 regen to 120 cost). Since we're now running the mana mastery from the top cluster, we do not lose damage from this. Those three points can be invested elsewhere to get 15% more damage.

In the high-end PoB, using that point can replace the two mana affixes on rings and one on belt. It's less impressive, but still interesting, as you can get three more prefixes. That could be, for example, 550 additionnal ES + some evasion, or mana recoup to free up a Watcher's Eye mod, or increased flask effect, just looking at possible crafted prefixes.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Hello, wonderful Icestorm loving people! I'm back to check out the new league.

As always, Thank you Kelvynn for putting in the time to update our favorite build every season. Looking forward to this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info