[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Thanks, i haven't think about the mana cost which seems to be the biggest issue.
I don't have any problem with this at the time, mainly because i'm doing standard map and no juicy ones to unlock my atlas which has been reset. I've switch today for whisper of doom anointment instead of charisma, because i leveled up my enlighten and i feel like i will see the problem sooner than later ^^.

the stats of my Megalomaniac are

Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is Genius
1 Added Passive Skill is Graceful Execution

so only genius is a real good node for this build so understanding you comments help me put it in my stash for further use with an other build.

Thanks again for all theses answers.
"
Natchoum wrote:
Thanks, i haven't think about the mana cost which seems to be the biggest issue.
I don't have any problem with this at the time, mainly because i'm doing standard map and no juicy ones to unlock my atlas which has been reset. I've switch today for whisper of doom anointment instead of charisma, because i leveled up my enlighten and i feel like i will see the problem sooner than later ^^.

the stats of my Megalomaniac are

Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is Genius
1 Added Passive Skill is Graceful Execution

so only genius is a real good node for this build so understanding you comments help me put it in my stash for further use with an other build.

Thanks again for all theses answers.

Indeed, this Megalo would not be worth it. Even under the old tree, Kelvynn recommended at least Cold to the Core and at least a total of two very good notables out of three.

I could see something like Cold to the Core/Blanketed Snow/another useful notable be worth the five points and one socket investment, or even just the first two, but chasing down such an item would be very difficult, even with an unlimited budget. There's currently no CttC/BS megalo on the market in Standard and only one in league at 150div with a useless third notable. We just have too many good nodes at 4-5% more damage with the last few points and we don't even need the Culling Strike notable that was recommended (it's on Ambush and Assassinate).
Hi there, another question :)
I got my blanketed / cold to the core jewels and my ambush's Jewels
I on enough div to buy the amulet or the Watchers eye ( i'm not sure i Can have the recoup of mana effect ). Which one will be the best upgrade ?
Looking at pob drag me to the amulet because i'm not sure about the effect with the lack if recoup mana. It's hard to know before having mana issue.
it's a pretty Big investment and i would hate missing something with that amount of currency ( over 100 div in standard).
Last edited by Natchoum on Nov 10, 2023, 8:13:53 AM
"
Natchoum wrote:
Hi there, another question :)
I got my blanketed / cold to the core jewels and my ambush's Jewels
I on enough div to buy the amulet or the Watchers eye ( i'm not sure i Can have the recoup of mana effect ). Which one will be the best upgrade ?
Looking at pob drag me to the amulet because i'm not sure about the effect with the lack if recoup mana. It's hard to know before having mana issue.
it's a pretty Big investment and i would hate missing something with that amount of currency ( over 100 div in standard).

So... I just took a look at Watcher's Eyes pricing in Standard and holy hell! There's two reasonably priced Mana Recoup with either Hatred flat damage or damage pen that were listed a year ago and the rest is 80div+.That's insane.

Paying 80div for Mana recoup is not worth it. You can have enough mana regen to work without it. My advice would be to search for Watcher's Eyes with either damage penetration with Hatred or flat damage with Hatred. There seems to be a couple of 1div Eyes with either of those and damage taken converted from phys to cold when affected by purity of elements, for example, who would work nicely with the build. Just filter Eyes with one of the two mods and find a nice second mod for 1-5div and it should be fine.

Nice mods for cheap could be, for example :

- Phys damage taken converted to elemental damage while affected with PoE;
- %Es regen per second while affected by Discipline;
- Chance to block spell damage while affected by Discipline.

I saw many of those under 5div for sale right now.

As for the amulet, the cost absolutely explodes when you include all three mods (%int, %attr and dmg per 15 int). However, if you go for dmg per 15 int and only one of the other two, you can drastically reduce the cost (there are a couple at 25-60div instead of 100+). Make sure to try them out in PoB to make sure it's worth the extreme cost. For example, there's a nice one right now on sale for 25div with a 44% lightning res roll, and it has a craftable suffix for +flat int. You get your +14%int and +dmg per 15 int adn Tranquility is already annointed.

If you shop around a bit, you might find something close but much cheaper.
yeah, for the watcher's eye that's what i thought.

For the amulet, i'm able to put arround 100 div on it, because well i ll be only missing one of my rings ( i can't equip all at the time because i'm lacking a bit of strengh but i'm crafting my belt to go arround this ).

I found one with all the desired mods arround 120 div , with only 40 int but that's pretty good considering. I think i ll go for it and get the watcher without the recoup mana mod which is insanely expensive combined with the others as you saw.

i think i ll go for it even if it's so expensive because i rarely play in standard except for testing builds, i do it now because i was 2 months late for ancestor league and don't have hours each day.

I already got one for 1 div with 50% reduced elemental reflect with PoE and cold pene with hatred for elemental reflects mod, mainly uber atziri because she still OS me sometime with the big radius of icestorm in the reflect phase.

i can wait a bit longer for the one with extra ES with clarity and cold penetration.

thanks a lot
Hi, anyone still looking here?

I'm lvl 54, but when I would switch to CI, I would only have 2.5 k ES. Will this be enough?
My Pob https://pobb.in/imrORAxEeP-A, still have 1 skill point left.
Also have an Astramentis Amu or a Doedre's Scorn, items are shown in pob
Items with increased Int are much too expensive.
What should I do?

Thx for help
Last edited by Snowbliz on Nov 10, 2023, 6:57:16 PM
"
Snowbliz wrote:
Hi, anyone still looking here?

I'm lvl 54, but when I would switch to CI, I would only have 2.5 k ES. Will this be enough?
My Pob https://pobb.in/imrORAxEeP-A, still have 1 skill point left.
Also have an Astramentis Amu or a Doedre's Scorn, items are shown in pob
Items with increased Int are much too expensive.
What should I do?

Thx for help

You're going to be very squishy at 2.5k. You might want to wait a bit to switch over.

Astramentis will be best in slot throughout the endgame, until you're really min-maxing. It's an incredible choice that can take you through the four watchstones. Equip as soon as possible.

Doedre's Scorn is a good item to level up. You can use it at least until you get to maps and get 5-10C to invest in a rare helmet with better stats.
Hi thx,

how much ES would I need to switch?
"
Snowbliz wrote:
Hi thx,

how much ES would I need to switch?

About 3.5k is a good amount.
Thx, I did exactly this:)

current pob https://pobb.in/YE_vZKpwhdyU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type