Content Update 3.19.0 -- Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Don't update the Exalted-Divine orb!. If you do you will have to update mid-game.

First of all, I would like to state that there is no Divine orb shard and card in the game. There was a card that gave 10x Divine Orb, but you removed it when this league removed the Palace Map.

If I want to meta-craft, wouldn't this game be boring if I have to farm an orb that has no recipes and cards that drop entirely with RNG?

I will kill the same Boss many times just for the item I want, I will get the item out at the end of my efforts, but will I kill the same Boss over and over again because it has bad rolls?

I got more than half of the exalted orbs in the last league from cards and shards (not counting the ones I got from trading), and my purpose for using the exalted orbs was for meta-crafting. I've been playing this game for 8 years, after Leo slam came, I didn't use exalted orb on almost any item but divine orb is not like that.

Divine orb is one of the most used orbs in this game and it will be used both in meta-craft and to change the rolls of Uniqe items, I think this will increase its value 5 times compared to the previous exalted orb which almost never used except for meta-craft. I don't want to give 600 chaos orb for a divine orb.

Let's say I kill Eater of Worlds 150 times and finally drop Ashes of Stars and I can't wear it because its rolls are bad. For a wearable rate I would need to use a Divine Orb 30 times, which is purely RNG. I rolled %1 RNG to drop this item, I need to roll %1 RNG again for good rolls.

I can explain how you did this patch, you gave the divine orb property to an exalted orb and made it 2x harder to get (because of shards and cards).
So much removal of increased movement speed :(

"
EvilPayaso wrote:
With ex/dv change getting timeless jewel that will fit your build would be non economically viable for pretty much everyone.

Imho a good idea would be to change seed number to be an implicit mod so that we could reroll with blessed orbs instead.

That's a decent idea, but probably too easy for their liking. Guess in the mean time we get to look forward to super expensive jewels.
Last edited by NightCicer on Aug 12, 2022, 8:22:04 PM
well, selling Skeletal mages mtx in the last kirac pass to nerf them down to the ground the next patch is kind of a cheap move heh?
"
pixel_runner wrote:
"
ljorring wrote:
"
pixel_runner wrote:

... im disgusted and utterly disapointed and frustrated...

How can a slight balance change or tweak cause this level of frustration? It's hard for me to understand. The game has a huge variety of content, so are you suggesting, that it should stay static instead?

this is not how you keep the game interesting and attract new players. you dont mess with the core mechanics every other 3 months, you add stuff, yes, but new stuff. its just stupid to roll the dice on the core stuff. and my frustration comes from farming exalts for 2 years so i can hope to craft a big item, which is now all for nothing. wasnt even done yet, either. and i cant understand wow you think it a SLIGHT change. its damn HUGE!

anyway, said about all i can say about the whole business. nothing left but to quit. chaos is what they are doing, theres no other word for it. instead of taking maybe more time to release something good and well balanced from the start and without so many bugs and keeping what is good.

well, peace.

Thanks for elaborating. You invested into an economy, that now changed and punished your investments. I didn't even consider the fact, that people play in standard league, where this is bound to happen, but it's of course a legitimate way of enjoying the game.

But if you had it your way, GGG couldn't really make any changes to the game. Imagine the value of legacy Kaom's Heart with +1k hp, when the nerf to 500hp was introduced. Anyone owning a legacy version would become instantly rich, so that's also a heavy shift in the economy. And I support this, since it needed the nerf, but it might hurt players, who invest heavily (in standard league) and expect a high level of safety for their investments. I wonder, if you would have been frustrated, if the economy shifted in _your_ favor..?
thanks for deleting hyrri's. I guess those builds didn't fit in with your vision of the game... why would you advertise uniques being buffed just to strip away uniques that straight-up enabled builds? I keep quitting each league sooner and sooner because you do so poorly with establishing a meta that isn't boring AF and I don't feel the need to go through the campaign to make a build that will feel mediocre even with 30-50 ex invested into it. Does anyone else struggle with this? I can straight up farm 30 ex and then not even want to make a new build because everything seems stale and then quit to play a different ARPG. This has been me for the last 3 or 4 leagues now. I was once a guy who always tried to at least hit 24 challenges. I finished last league with a whole 5....Finally I was hyped to theorycraft again and you managed to kill all of my hype for this league with these asinine, up-your-own-youknowwhat changes. Also the divine orb changes are cringe for everything besides making uniques feel unique. You accomplished one goal while massively changing the economy in an economy-based game. I don't think anyone knows the consequences yet, but the exalted orb shirts you guys sold as supporter packs already feel cheapened and that's not even an in-game consequence. With just how iconic this orb is, you are dropping the ball massively. You might think this is inconsequential, but people will quit if divines are 300c and exalts are 10c. Who even wants to slam a sixth mod onto an item when the crafting bench is so strong? Who wants to risk slamming some garbage mod onto a sick item with 4 good mods? Exalts aren't iconic the way Chris thinks they are. They are iconic because of the economy and the crafting bench. You ruined both of these.
Tencentorship
Last edited by jrv209 on Aug 12, 2022, 4:52:21 PM
"
ljorring wrote:
"
pixel_runner wrote:

... im disgusted and utterly disapointed and frustrated...

Thanks for elaborating. You invested into an economy, that now changed and punished your investments. I didn't even consider the fact, that people play in standard league, where this is bound to happen, but it's of course a legitimate way of enjoying the game.

But if you had it your way, GGG couldn't really make any changes to the game. Imagine the value of legacy Kaom's Heart with +1k hp, when the nerf to 500hp was introduced. Anyone owning a legacy version would become instantly rich, so that's also a heavy shift in the economy. And I support this, since it needed the nerf, but it might hurt players, who invest heavily (in standard league) and expect a high level of safety for their investments. I wonder, if you would have been frustrated, if the economy shifted in _your_ favor..?

You are wrong here, legacy items will never be a problem to game economy, no matter if its unique or legacy rare item with a god roll mods, first you have to sell this items to become rich and there is not 100% guaranty that its going to happen, second thing if we will talk about rare legacy items to get them you need mirror or to have a lot currency, so not much people can craft such items and not that much people can afford such items that's why this items will have x100 times less impact on game economy then core currency changes. We use currency for crafting so if we will get to much currency its effect market in good way because we will get much more stuff which we can buy, if we will get less currency which is important for crafting like Divine orbs now its effect market in a bad way, because if we have not enough Divine orb on market Divine orb price will be even higher then Exalted orbs cost now, Items which was crafted with Divine orbs will cost even more too because of lack of Divine orbs on market and lack similar items which was crafted by other players, this is why changes in currency will have much harder effect on everyone no matter what mode you are playing - standard, softcore and specially SSF.
Last edited by Vakurlianskas on Aug 12, 2022, 4:47:23 PM
Waiting to league!)
Last edited by mrDragor on Aug 12, 2022, 6:56:22 PM
"
ljorring wrote:

But your example is totally wrong. The right example would be GGG saying "ok we update all legacy items to their current variants". And then all people who bought those items for many mirrors would be just punched in the face. When legacy item becomes legacy noone looses money, but now all wealth in players pockets became dirt in just 1 day. And this wealth was collected by investing lots of real life time so obviously people are outraged. Imagine you build a house for 5 years, you're almost done and then one day some people come and say "hey buddy, we're building a highway here so your house must be demolished, no refunds".
Much like archnemesis in sentinel, there are some potential benefits to making the change with the currency. But meddling with the economy to that extent is going to cause you a lot of headaches. Probably over multiple leagues as you try to mitigate the damage. I hope you understand the magnitude of the change and will keep staff on hand after launch to help clean up the mess in a hurry.

Or you can do yourselves a favor and start mitigating in advance by making at least one of the metacrafts take an exalt instead (eg 2 divine ---> 1 + 1), adding divine shards, and adding a few legitimate divine card sources, either by making new cards or switching over a couple of the exalt cards.

It's possible that you've already made other adjustments to compensate that aren't immediately apparent. But that's also what I thought you'd do when you added archnemesis mods to sentinel.

It's better if you smooth things out before the league starts rather than have to hotfix too much stuff after. AN in sentinel turned off a lot of people immediately who would have been fine with how things turned out after a couple weeks. I told a lot of people they should go back and try it out again.
When the patch notes came out there was a change to the Tavukai Amulet. I can't see that anyomre in the patch notes ? Am i going blind !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info