Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Quite happy with the changes.

Actually made a couple of my planned builds even tankier than I thought they'd be.

Gonna be cruising all the way through next League and gonna smash the Gauntlet.

Easy.
Interesting choice of changes. Hope to see new gems and uniques being added!
KEKW

People forget that manifestos are what they have identified as not in line with how they want their game to be.

Why are they all mad, you lost 20% evasion/armour? Who cares ... now you take 1000 damage instead of being immortal

People forgetting the trickster rework hype?

Minion cucks in shambles when the first line is with investment they'll be stronger? Oh no you have to play the game? BabyRage

People always crying at manifestos and pogging out between now and release with their teasers and actually patch notes, where there's gonna be buffs

I say this, well done as always GGG EZ Clap
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Snitzelmac wrote:
This community is doomed and the only people killing this game are the community themselves. Such whiny, entitled and horrible players. You guys understand nothing about balance. You want buffs, buffs, buffs, and more buffs.

Defenses were reaching dangerous levels of power creep and yet you still want more. Games die from power creep. Is that what you want for PoE? They are curbing defensive power creep before it got out of control.

Take a step back from your PC if some nerfs make you mald this hard. This game shouldn't negatively effect your emotions this bad.

The thing is, GGG use to rotate Buffs and Nerfs. They would have nerfs, but it was okay because there would be buffs to other builds that you could have fun trying out. But these days, all they do is want to kill the enjoyment by doing nerf after nerf after nerf while increasing the difficulty of the mobs......

Did you missed half of the balances or did we read different balances? :,D
Once again GGG favors people like mathil, instead of the real userbase.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
"
BecauseIZedSo wrote:
KEKW

People forget that manifestos are what they have identified as not in line with how they want their game to be.

Why are they all mad, you lost 20% evasion/armour? Who cares ... now you take 1000 damage instead of being immortal

People forgetting the trickster rework hype?

Minion cucks in shambles when the first line is with investment they'll be stronger? Oh no you have to play the game? BabyRage

People always crying at manifestos and pogging out between now and release with their teasers and actually patch notes, where there's gonna be buffs

I say this, well done as always GGG EZ Clap

literally this,... I still muss some buffs for certain archtypes of skills which are super old and not really playable, but I am sure they will do it sooner or later. At least when PoE 2.0 hits and I am more then ready to enjoy the time till it comes :D
I'm glad that I managed to cobble together my weird build this league because it's probably a nonstarter in 3.19.

As an aside, the Juggernaut changes feel like a lateral move at best. Give Jugg extra resistance to DOTs and degens or something. Make it feel viable and not like an afterthought.
"
Last few years the game became a race for power , which power can lead one to absurd amounts compared to what the rest 95%+ can obtain. For example a casual player playing spark /me this league/ can reach 2-3 mil spark dmg , while a lot of players are reaching the likes of 50-200 mil dmg and that leaves one wondering - 'what do i do wrong'. Things is you do nothing wrong,its just the power gain of this game reached absurd amounts where its no longer fixable in any way possible, GGG is just buffing/nerfing specific sections of the game so it brings some sort of "freshness" every 3 months with specific league mechanics which are virtually similar like old ones but with different names and small difference in gameplay. At this point the only thing that keeps Path of Exile going is mostly that there is nothing else thats good in its genre and the only salvation for the game will be releasing of Path of Exile 2 , and by the looks of it GGG is not putting much effort in the past few leagues as most of the changes are mostly numerical, not much new skills /or not at all/ , simple new league mechanics etc. , because they are most likely prepareing to release PoE 2 near Diablo 4 release so they keep themself competitive in this genre of games.

you most likely just don't play enough or not efficient enough. If you only have 2 hours a day it is understandable if you cannot make your character better, since you lack the knowledge how to...
Last edited by Ondrugs on Aug 2, 2022, 7:49:14 PM
"
Xenocied wrote:
I never spend time posting about anything in this game due to the fact that the Devs do such a great job time after time.

However this is a joke. Anything that works for the average player is now going back to making sure if you're not a 5% to 1% of the top players still won't work without 100 of hours and grinding. Too bad people have lives and kids to worry about and can't make money streaming all day.

Terrible changes. I'll skip the first week until the real balance hits the game after the outrage.

I totally agree with you.
The biggest problem GGG has is the fact that it hears mostly top 5 - 10 % elite players' complaints, not average and casual players' feedback. It is hard to believe but GGG seems like blind. How can't GGG see that average players are struggling every league while top elite players enjoy whatever GGG throw at them. Can't you see the player number is not increasing? The average and casual players get tired of grinding or don't have enough time to grind, and eventually move on to different game that is more enjoyable and relaxing. I don't know what your strategy is. I am giving you this feedback because I like this game. If I don't care this game I wouldn't even bother to give feedback. GGG, Do you want to hear sugar-coated statement or harsh reality?
Last edited by powerdefender on Aug 2, 2022, 7:53:18 PM
"
The Necromancer's Unnatural Strength Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill no longer provides +2 to Level of all Minion Skill Gems. Instead, it now grants Minions Unholy Might.

??????????????????????????
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info