Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Sentinel is a pretty great league, so I was hopeful that the next league will be good. However, these changes are not it. I would very much prefer if the changes elevate the floor and lower the ceiling. Not barely lower the ceiling, then nuke the floor into a crater. Build diversity will be even worse than before and I'm sure everyone would rather play anything other than helix and seismic. At least these changes are still slightly better than 3.15...
Lol what is up with all the babies raging about the manifesto? It's called adapting to change which I can clearly tell majority don't know how to do "wah wah going to take a break from the nerfs, etc". Those complaining are obviously playing FOTM builds. You cripple yourselves by not wanting to expand your horizons and experiment with other skills.

I'm obviously loving the nerfs and changes where game is finally being balanced. Defenses were too easily obtainable and you can get 90 all res with little to no investment. Builds were scaling really hard where everything is blown up on your screen in 1-2 hits (minus uber uber content) and that is not including an aurabot.

Take your time to actually enjoy the game. PoE should be a progression, you build your character over time, not overnight. Would love to see the final patch notes when they get released. Already got quite a couple builds concocted for the next league :)
I don't understand what people expected from a company that made a new trading system and not implemented it cause people would've more time playing content instead of using this torture of a trading system so they spend more time getting gear.

What a ridiculous manifesto.
Looks like a fun meta shakeup! cant wait to see what the community thinktank comes up for cool builds.

Also fun to watch all reddit comments from people with less than 5 challenges.
Nerfs are to harsh in my opinion
This is all bad,
every nonmeta skill got hit hard with some of the changes
meta skills now like 10-20% worse.... OH NO!

Minions are going to need such good gear now to overcome a 60% less damage at gem level 20. Like you need gear before, but so many little things are changing that make them so much less intuitive to build. Reaper bleed may be a thing with minions dealing 7x more bleed damage, but that apparently puts it at parity with what it should have been doing as a tooltip number.

the issue is how long it takes to get gear. fix the damn loot, and all of this won't matter.

GGG literally going to walk this back if it is like this as the league launches.
honestly melding and CO need to be removed and reworked.
It's already rough on white-yellow maps, even if you chose meta evasion-armour spell supress, because you need all of that plus chaos res plus freeze chill shock immune still getting slowed and fucked by Archnemesis mobs that apply -30% all res Ele Weakness and cosntant exposures.

You could counter all curses with 109% resist on Red map tiers before, even two curses of Ele Weakness and a single element curse togheter, and now you need 115% resist on white maps and it's still doesn't cover from another single element curse. Just sadge, I can't see any further buffs that would make all of this better.
I'm loving the tears.
I love you Mathil.
cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info