Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

[Removed by Support] im siting next league out hopefully more people do too in the off-chance you learn from your mistakes this time, 3.15.2 league coming im not excited at all
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Aug 2, 2022, 7:04:36 PM
Guys I think gutting every single crappy build out there is not the solution. Remove the aura changes, everything else is fine, I mean you gutted minions and they were already bad except Skeles. Guess I will just play seismic traps again....?????
"
NoyAvargel wrote:
"
borefficz wrote:

You do realize how garbage 8% is going to be on an average character considering how Armour works?
Umm armor stacker builds with smite and aura effect cluster reahs about 3 mil armor.. 8% of 3mil thats 240k armor protecting you from elements without giving up the 75 or more resist ? ya well..

Yeah 3M armour sounds like a reasonable benchmark for your average juggernaut utilizing armour... lmao
After taking 3 years break from this game i don't understand 2/3 of these changes.
lol
I don't like the auto flask changes, cause my fingers are reserved for something else.

Edit: Its not what you think.
Last edited by Vakarlan on Aug 2, 2022, 7:09:06 PM
Nice Nerfs BUT!!! u forget to "Detonate Dead now can't apply any ailments"
SP33D Always in my veins...
"
MNT7 wrote:
"
The overall goal of these changes is to improve the variety of viable minion builds, but also make minion builds more reliant on items.

From my point of you will exactly get the opposite by nerfing power and frenzy charges to minions. Some builds won't be viable anymore. There are so many builds that uses spectres for damage scaling. 600% increased crit chance vs now 120% for power charges is just too much. 45% cast/attack speed vs now 16% for frenzy charges. No gear on earth (which is also used for defensive and other stuff) can compensate that. Instead of using the gear for defensives. I now have to sacrifice these defensives to keep my damage level....

Without power and frenzy charges the damage of my herald of purity build drops by nearly 50% overall DPS. I am afraid that this build is no longer really viable.

Lowering health of all minions doesn't help at all. Ghazzy recently said that the reason why nobody is playing minions within the gauntlet is that they just die too quickly... Lowering the health doesn't help...

Sadge

[Removed by Support] They think balancing, means to nuke something till its not useable. These massive nerfs to minions that are only partly offset by additions to gear, will make minions a high budget archetype only.

Combined with the decimation of defences, minions are going to be even squishier, far less damage, and far more expensive. Way to cater to the 1%ers again GGG.

I'm not one of those players that threatens to quit every league because they're a drama queen, but I actually might stop playing PoE now.

Chris seems determined to make this game feel like a chore for anyone that's not playing 6+ hours a day, with 100s of ex in their stash.
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Aug 2, 2022, 7:06:44 PM
Problem: Chris Wilson lies again about "balance" and ignores feedback from players.

Solution: Everyone stop spending money in the game and playing if needed until he learns.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Thanks for the manifesto. Few things to note here.
I'm writing all of this without knowing all the changes obviously because no patch notes yet.

My main concerns are melee builds.
With the change to mana reservation on auras, I'm having a hard time to think about how to fit anything meaningful on top of the required defensive setup. Without seeing further numbers and changes it feels like melee defenses are still HP, either deep armour or split with evasion and depending on passive tree, maybe spell suppression. Flesh and Stone change is very welcome but yet again it's an aura that we have to fit somehow into the build.

I miss the softcore experience of sometimes dying but there is no issue, just go back and continue. Currently it feels like to not chaindie with certain offmeta builds in a simple alched T16 I pretty much have to get most of the meta defense layers mentioned above with a good 5k life. On first glance it looks like I'm gonna have to drop damage auras to be able to exist in endgame which doesn't sound too good.

Currently it feels like being able to do non-uber bosses and deep red maps requires your build to be "meta" which feels like 70% of it is the same husk of defenses and wanted mods while the other 30% is customizable based on your prefered active skill.

I feel like people gravitate towards defense aura stacking because it's required to have fun, and not because its just way too easy to set up. Playing anything else currently causes you to randomly die because of the sudden damage intake spikes.

Looking forward to full patch notes but I'm a bit skeptical about how melee is gonna work or survive while doing relatively acceptable levels of damage. Saying that as someone who yolo sentried a Drox on day2 for a 11-minute fight.

hi mathil and chat, you are cute widepeepoHappy
Last edited by Koxomathical on Aug 2, 2022, 7:18:18 PM
Lol get out of here with the defense nerfs. The game already one shots you enough and you want our defenses to be even worse??

Not looking forward to it.
Hey! Hunger Games! I'm still full!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info