Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Game is in a good state atm

they intended us to invest and build around more defences in 3.17,we get used to it, now they nuked them
"
tzimize wrote:
Problem: Damage in the game is too insane so player investment in a lot of defense layers is mandatory.

Solution: Make investing in said defenses even worse and harder than it already is.

The final straw is the minion nerf.

"
Spell suppression feels mandatory because it is. You need either 100% SS or 90% all res to deal with spell damage in the end game. It's as simple as that.

The patch notes we SHOULD have gotten: Added spell suppression nodes to the left side of the tree and spell suppression can now roll on all types of armor, not just evasion based.

God i hate these nerfs every league. i really would like to see a league where more than a handful of builds with insane investment can do the endgame with a chill.
PoE has become such a fast paced game it feels like an arcade game now.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"

Pathfinder's Master Alchemist Notable Ascendancy passive Skill no longer grants 20% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite during any Flask Effect. Instead, it now causes Magic Utility Flasks applied to you to have 20% increased Effect.
Pathfinder's Nature's Boon Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill no longer grants 6% reduced Elemental Damage taken.

Isnt that simply a nerf to chaos Pathfinders? And it doesnt make 'Master Alchemist' good. The primary problem is that the other part (remove ailments) is bad.

And its not the only part of that manifesto which reads like somebody clueless that has no playing skills made it.

And adding here: The only potentially redeeming part of the "remove ailments" part was the Master Surgeon + Flagellant combination. With this gone the 'remove ailments' part of Master Alchemist is now worse than before. I would like to know who comes up with those 'balance' changes.

And killing Master Surgeon (Flagellant removal) made Pathfinder comparatively worse for non-chaos builds than it was before. So this is in direct contradiction of the proclaimed goal. I would like to know who comes up with such stuff.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
This is really sad.
Pls delete this post and create a new manifesto that makes at least 1% sense.
Lets go!
"
Bentic wrote:
Skipped this league Nd will skip the new league as well.
Looks like this game is only playable each 4th league.

At least there's plenty of other games that are actually fun out there. This is what happens when your entire "gut feel" design pipeline is a self-consuming ouroboros. This is well and good for short-term, but external perspectives matter in the long run.

I don't get why GGG keeps doing the shit-sandwhich (NERFS|BUFFS|NERFS) announcements like this; unless it's to gauge interest/scaling for the upcoming league based on forum views?

Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on Aug 4, 2022, 7:08:30 PM
I enjoy these nerfs. Defenses were a bit OP. Was hoping for a bigger nerf to traps/mines but maybe they will be in the patch notes. Cannot wait for live stream!
gotta love when your melding AND your auras get nerfed in the same patch!

"oh ok I'll just run no melding and no purity of ice, i'll run discipline instead",

"oh, we nerfed all auras too."

In all seriousness, I won't be playing this league unless something new is revealed that I can use as a power substitute. My build would require prism guardian to function now instead of aegis, and I'd have 60% increased elemental damage taken compared to before.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Aug 2, 2022, 6:54:07 PM
No mention of melee buffs, and no 5% here or +1 range to a skill no one has touched doesn't count. Melee requires, aoe/splash, multiple strikes, on death effects on top of the accuracy, crit and and the usual damage scaling JUST for the damage end of things. This has to change or its the same bullshit metas again driving more people away but this isn't news to anyone yet...here we are. The fact that you gave Sunder a tiny buff has got to literally be a trolling action. You could double its damage and NO ONE would play it still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info