Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Necro and minions literally Just got nuked - ofc u promised to compensate it with gear - but let me guess, without houndreds of exalts invested they gonna be terribly bad? Also, let me guess, u forgot to mention some item/indirect nerfs, as always, and we gonna suffer even more while reading patchnotes later?!
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
"
KopaKabana wrote:
This is the ONLY GAME that nerfed items already acquired, no wonder the game is in the gutters

Have you ever played any other AARPG? From Diablo to Torchlight to Titan's Quest to Din's Curse, "owned" items have been nerfed. Repeatedly.

If we're being honest, most games in this genre don't even let you have legacy gear. They just zap the whole database with the changes. Diablo II was one of the first to let you preserve any of your old equipment, and even that didn't stop them from taking an axe to some of the base rune-words and top-end uniques.

I'm not saying I love the changes, (I don't), but GGG is generally pretty good about letting you keep your old stuff.

As to the changes? The Balance yo-yo is a bad thing. We're still seeing some pretty significant alterations to established mechanics, which is a sign your internal testing is failing on roll-out.

(50% increases or decreases in a mechanic's power cannot reasonably be viewed as anything less than a design failure).

People invest their time in your product. When you make large swings in balance, you devalue that time spent.

Never forget this.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Aug 2, 2022, 6:48:01 PM
Pog
Can't wait to play 3 more months. Anyone deterred by this manifesto is weak.
Last edited by DiceeciD on Aug 2, 2022, 7:58:56 PM
Nice. Looking forward to the league. Would love some skills rework rather than balance (ie: firestorm seems fine damage whise but is unplayable due to how it looks)
Doesn't seem as bad as some are making it out to be. I'm going to miss reservation mastery and defiance banner's power, though.
"
macenno wrote:
"
It now grants 8% of Armour applies to Elemental Damage from Hits.

LOL, a FREE Transcendence but you are still protect against phys dommage ^^

You do realize how garbage 8% is going to be on an average character considering how Armour works?
"
We will likely continue to explore more efficient defensive options for characters that spend a lot of time standing still in future content updates.

So could you please figure that out first before you nerf everything else to the ground, as is tradition? Is it too much to ask? I mean, could you stop putting the cart before the horse? How about applying some common sense and do the logical thing - "Right, let's fix other builds FIRST and THEN nerf everything else"? Or you're just doing your own GGG thing "It's aLl nErFs, gUyS, wE'll FiX iN fUtUrE cOnTeNt, wE pRoMiSe (LMAO NOT REALLY, KEKW)"...
Last edited by Drakaris on Aug 2, 2022, 6:50:25 PM
The Reservation Mastery that granted 15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills has been removed from the Passive Skill Tree. omg

This will destroy many many builds. Terible terible move.
For minions, maybe start nodes could have minion damage buffed AND minion life? 15-20% to both per node? I'm comparing with the effect of start nodes for bonus spell damage.

Also remove the minion damage -25% life so the gem can be used when you get it in act 1.
Apologize if I ever mention "GGG dont even know their game" to my friend xD

There are probably something missing out, but cant predict the future, lets walk this out and see where it leads.

:: cant wait for some kalandra-ed unique minion gear, its gonna be a minion league lets gooo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info