Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
Vaildez wrote:
"
I indeed wonder why they tried to fix necros...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeQKeqZ6e8

maybe has something to do with this.

Calls it "budget" build then says its under 40ex... This also a niche build specific for running blighted maps... Who cares!?!

Well, if you look at his build he did all the content with that build. And when ai say all, he has videos killing the uber bosses with a 40 ex build. That is a budget build, when most of the lightning strike items, are for example around 40 ex a piece and go up to 100 ex per frenzy charge implicit. Now, when a build of 40 ex can do uber bosses while you afk, that is OP as hell. wouldn't you agree?

Also, a million builds that can do that? tell me one more build that can do that. any build where you can afk in a map, any map and you will not eventually die.
Last edited by askpoe on Aug 7, 2022, 10:44:47 AM
"
"
Vaildez wrote:
"
I indeed wonder why they tried to fix necros...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeQKeqZ6e8

maybe has something to do with this.

Calls it "budget" build then says its under 40ex... This also a niche build specific for running blighted maps... Who cares!?!

Well, if you look at his build he did all the content with that build. And when ai say all, he has videos killing the uber bosses with a 40 ex build. That is a budget build, when most of the lightning strike items, are for example around 40 ex a piece and go up to 100 ex per frenzy charge implicit. Now, when a build of 40 ex can do uber boases while you afk, that is OP as hell.wouldn't you agree?

So where are these videos of doing Uber bosses AFK? You can't AFK boss mechanics... This is the kind of exaggerated nonesense that keeps coming from the community that leads to the countless nerfs.
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 7, 2022, 10:55:08 AM

So where are these videos of doing Uber bosses AFK? You can't AFK boss mechanics...[/quote]

All builds in POE history that were afk base - immortal builds like ES strength stacking or aura stackers - were nerfed due to afk mods(basically being able to afk and not being able to die). All minion builds, as they are now are basically afk builds. As a player, you do not do much with your character because you afk next to the minions. That is the reason behind the rework as I see it. Yes, I understand you think dodging the bosses mechanics is a hard thing when playing minions, but imagine that other players need to attack and do other things meanwhile they dodge the boss mechanics. Now, minions builds do not care about that, because technically the minions do all the damage and you afk with the character. Also, at this point, minion builds, will be way way stronger due to access to all classes, with high investment.
"

So where are these videos of doing Uber bosses AFK? You can't AFK boss mechanics...

All builds in POE history that were afk base - immortal builds like ES strength stacking or aura stackers - were nerfed due to afk mods(basically being able to afk and not being able to die). All minion builds, as they are now are basically afk builds. As a player, you do not do much with your character because you afk next to the minions. That is the reason behind the rework as I see it. Yes, I understand you think dodging the bosses mechanics is a hard thing when playing minions, but imagine that other players need to attack and do other things meanwhile they dodge the boss mechanics. Now, minions builds do not care about that, because technically the minions do all the damage and you afk with the character. Also, at this point, minion builds, will be way way stronger due to access to all classes, with high investment.

Spoken like a true non-minion player... There is this assumption that mininion players are doing nothing other than dodging boss mechanics while the minions just destroy the screen. That is not how they work. I am more active in boss fights than any other non-minion build I have played... Most minion builds are also squishy AF in order to build ennough damage for end game bosses. Maybe do some research before making a bunch of assumptions?
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 7, 2022, 11:21:12 AM
Spoken like a true non-minion player... There is this assumption that mininion players are doing nothing other than dodging boss mechanics while the minions just destroy the screen. That is not how they work. I am more active in boss fights than any other non-minion build I have played... Most minion builds are also squishy AF in order to build ennough damage for end game bosses.[/quote]

I do not contest your skills, I am just telling why the minions are being reworked. Also, I repeat, minions in 3.19 will be broken in the same way that aura stacker was in Harvest. But I am sure you already knew that, because you are an experienced minion player.
Last edited by askpoe on Aug 7, 2022, 11:28:31 AM
"

I do not contest your skills, I am just telling why the minions are being reworked. Also, I repeat, minions in 3.19 will be broken in the same way that aura stacker was 4 leagues ago. But I am sure you know already that, because you are an experienced minion player.

It's weird when people have problems with the minion playstyle then play things like Toxic Rain/Ballista totems... That is like a 10x easier gameplay experience than like any minion shit I have played since Betrayal. There will likely be something out there that is viable this league but I highly doubt it will be what people would consider "broken". There has been so many builds way more powerful and easier to play than minions but people seem to lose their shit about minion builds being able to do the content.
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 7, 2022, 11:29:23 AM

It's weird when people have problems with the minion playstyle then play things like Toxic Rain/Ballista totems... That is like a 10x easier gameplay experience than like any minion shit I have played since Betrayal. There will likely be something out there that is viable this league but I highly doubt it will be what people would consider "broken". There has been so many builds way more powerful and easier to play than minions but people seem to lose their shit about minion builds being able to do the content.[/quote]

Yes, toxic rain/caustic arrow - ballista was my starter of the league. I think you knew that. Usually, players play multiple builds in a league and they have a league starter. For me, it is either caustic arrow, TR, bane, mines, it depends. But thank your for noticing my league starters. I usually play them in the first 4 days. What is your point?
"

Yes, toxic rain/caustic arrow - ballista was my starter of the league. I think you knew that. Usually, players play multiple builds in a league and they have a league starter. For me, it is either caustic arrow, TR, bane, mines, it depends. But thank your for noticing my league starters. I usually play them in the first 4 days. What is your point?

The problem is people complaining about builds or playstyles from watching a youtube video without playing or understanding the builds themselves... A lot of these content creators are trying to put out videos that would attract a lot of clicks on purpose with clickbait titles. Also people complaining about a playstyle being "easy" when most of the meta non-minion builds are literally no different just spamming a couple skils to clear screens.
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 7, 2022, 11:57:12 AM
My defence is dead for endgame boss or unkillable (currupted) mobs.
"Mana reservation" is to strong and we need some auras for playing .. just playing

3.19 is comming OH Heyy !!!
The nerfs are too hard...
I wanted to play skeleton mage this league for the first time, I was so hyped !!!
But the manifesto is rly too agressive against this build it's ridiculous.

- minus 25% famages
- 50% more damage removed
- ascendency minion lvl node removed
- 1 less lvl in the helmet
- 1 less aura due to mana reservation
- less survivability for player due to aura nerfs
- minus 2 lvl for specters
- less hp for minions (which gonna be nearly impossible to play animate guardian)
- less movement speed for minions

I mean... thats realy not funy at all...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info