Searing Bond

"
werezompire wrote:
Given that the new skill is 5 times the strength of the old one, it's a buff even to people who were stacking the beams (unless you were stacking 6 beams at once).
thats what i meant? 1 totem meant 1 beam, 2 totems meant 3 beams (totem to totem, then each totem to owner), 3 totems meant 6 beams.

so a straight up buff for single totem, slight nerf or same (as far as practicality) for two totem, then a nerf for 3 totem.
It's a straight buff no matter how many totems you were using. The reduced necessity of multiple totem summons + no longer needing to waste points getting ancestral bond means higher dps and faster clear speeds.
by the way yes totem nodes do increase searing bond dps.
and so far using dual totem searing bond and arc and fire trap on the side. breezed through normal. breezing through cruel. still making plans for survival.

my gear is crap and at lv 38 here's what ive done so far with my passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsSaRZvFxwdFB8CKPoqEyynMtE2xTbYRUdG11XGWfNaK13GXl1mnnF5h2WIG4uMj0aYrZwtna6j8qcIp5S1BLiTwBrDE89l0NDR_dgk4XPr7uxV7SDvhfrS

and main skills are...
Spoiler
oh and searing bond lv 5 (7 with searing touch) is on 2087 fire dps

thinking of cwdt with 3 curses (e weakness, flamability and vul)
or maybe just 2 will do 3 may be over kill
I've been using Searing bond even before it was ever buffed, you can imagine my pleasure as my searing bond does 7k damage per second. It is now a very good asset to my fire damage skills. It is my companion while i channel my flame blast.
if my computation is correct it is possible to get searing bond to do over 10k base dps without curses or EE
so yes i know how happy you are :"D
"
Pilla wrote:
I've been using Searing bond even before it was ever buffed, you can imagine my pleasure as my searing bond does 7k damage per second. It is now a very good asset to my fire damage skills. It is my companion while i channel my flame blast.
could you link the passive tree and some gear :D id love to get some ideas from you :D
also what level is your searing bond so far?
"
Pilla wrote:
Question for searing bond users, can the damage from the searing totem apply blind or culling strike? thanks.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Damage over Time does not Hit, and thus on-Hit effects are not triggered. This includes both Blind and Culling (Penetration is another notable one).
Don't forget Elemental Equilibrium :D I'm working on a build that combines Ele Equilibrium and either Arc/Mana Leech/Added Lightning/Ele Prolif or Lightning Trap/Chain/Added Lightning/Ele Prolif and Static Blows to get enemies nice and shocked, then throw out a Searing Bond Totem Trap for massive damage.
"What is a strongbox? A miserable little pile of loot. But enough RNG, Have at you!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info