I've tried everything and it keeps crashing.

Same problem as OP

I keep crashing before loading or a few seconds after loading into the first town. No problem clearing the beach in the first area but as soon as I attempt to enter the camp, POE will crash and close (even closes discord for some reason)

Did everything in the troubleshooting guide.

Verify game file integrity
Cleared cache
Cleared config file
Windows Memory diagnostic
Updated graphic drivers
Updated Windows
Reinstall game
Switched to Steam
Tried DX11, Vulkan, DX12
No overclocking
No overlays

Is there anything I can do at this point? Everything was working fine last league.
Just started playing this game last week and then tried to switch to headphones for sound. Next time starting up the game it crashed. Then read this thread and saw the thing about sound and changed my sound source back to what it was. All good now.
Hi, there my brothers of PoE i got this problem with this League of Afliction too its so annoying i have to stop playing it right when i was starting to have fun right about lvl 35 , i dont know i could make a second character and reached lvl 40 and that was it, i could not take it anymore seeing my pc rebooting after 10 min of PoE on and on or just right at the at the login point...

PLEASE GGG FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!
Seems it doesn't matter which system or specs people have, they all experience the same weird crash... System audio still playing while the computer locks up.
Last edited by goodsine on Jan 25, 2024, 4:42:36 PM
Every game works on max grap setting without any fps drop yet this league only vulkan works but sometimes crashes
and i get this
error particles_emitter_data' is not bound to descriptor set input
cant find anything regarding this and if my pc can run newest games on high i dont think its my pc,driver,anything.
"
Chuter wrote:
Play FULL screen mode.

Turn sound channel count down from High to Medium PoE settings.

Turn off XBox Game Bar.

Turn off Discord overlay.

Turn off GeForce Experience in game overlay.

Turn off Dynamic Resolution in PoE settings.

Make sure GeForce Experience is NOT optimizing the game.

Update ALL on the Microsoft Store,... just do it.

Make sure Windows is fully up to date.

Use the most recent drivers,... it's not the driver's fault.

Make sure PoE is on the firewall & anti-virus exclusion list.

Did you delete your PoE temp. files when you re-installed the game from App. data & documents folder!?

When re-install GPU. drivers if with NVidia select custom install, then fresh/clean install.

Select the PoE Launcher, or the .exe file,... right click, properties, compatibility: "Always run as admin." Apply, ok, done.

In the NVidia control panel,... under surround & physics,... select your GPU. from the drop down menu, and apply instead of using "auto" setting.

If you have a two, or more monitor set-up try disconnecting all, and using just one.

Try installing, and running the game on your BOOT drive if it's not already.

Make sure all visual C++ are installed, and up to date.

You can try increasing the page filing cache, and/or the visual C++ cache if you want also,... just Google how to.

If you did NOT re-format the PC./Windows then try this:

COMMAND PROMPT FIXES TO TRY!!! cmd.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/21-cmd-commands-all-windows-users-should-know/

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk C: /f /r /x

chkdsk D: /f /r /x

I am sure you tried all the popular major fix suggestions so I am just throwing all of these other small ones out there as suggestions to try also.

No clue if any of this will help.

I have played many games in my life over the past 40 yrs, and Call of Duty & PoE took the most effort to get to run smooth on my system. All other games in the world just ran smooth automatically.

I have 7700k, 16gb. DDR4 & 1070.

I play PoE in 1440p. @ 120 FPS. no issues.

Good luck!!!

Chuter.

This is really helpful, I follow your advice and my screen have been stop freezing. Thank you for sharing and have a good day :D
I had stuttering, that got fixed by turning off HDR in Win10: Win+Alt+B, then Win+Ctrl+Shift+B.
Also I've found reddit post where they suggested to turn off in BIOS splitting your cores into logical.
You might also try these 2 things.
Hi,
I had many crashes since league launched. couldn't play the game till i fix it when i found out that there is a problem with some intel 13-14th gens.
My spec :
I7-13700
RTX 4080
32GB
Win 11
ASUS Prime Z790-A WIFI
Important : IF YOU HAVE a DIFERENTE INTEL processor check for the values for your processor in the intel website
Like i said it was crashing to desktop even before the login screen. all the time. Tried every thing. even format.
The first thing to do is update the bios. follow this guide :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAP7DQOSgU
it super ez. u can't fail. follow every step. exactly. till the end !!!
after that stay in thje bios and change the parameters ( the source is from intel )

First look for settings to put the power limits and voltages of the processor into the Intel recommended safe ranges. You can find the correct limits for your processor at ark.intel.com. These might be:

"SVID behavior" → "Intel fail safe"
"Long duration power limit" → reduce to 125W if set higher ("Processor Base Power" on ARK)
"Short duration power limit" → reduce to 253W if set higher (for 13900/14900 CPUs, other CPUs have other limits! "Maximum Turbo Power" on ARK)

its important to be accurate with the numbers.
after this save and exit bios.
After i followed this steps ZERO crashes since yesterday. i completed few acts and realy zero problems.

Like i said it worked for me perfectly. Don't know if will work for others.
Last edited by HamezambeR on Apr 16, 2024, 1:43:12 PM
Same problem as anyone else, new install deleted everything, diffrent drive, still crashing, out of the blue, this is unplayable...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info