I've tried everything and it keeps crashing.

Hello.
I am exile from Japan and I play POE from steam.
I use a translation tool, sorry if it's hard to read.

I have been experiencing crashes during gameplay since the second half of the Ark Nemesis League. It continues to do so now.

I have tried all the remedies mentioned in the past forums. Changing settings, reinstalling each driver, cleaning up my computer, checking file integrity, reinstalling the game, etc.

Most of the crashes happen when many enemies appear in the map. Often it also happens suddenly in the city.
The frequency varies, sometimes it happens every 10 to 20 minutes, sometimes immediately after a restart. And all of them have not been able to continue playing the game for more than 30 minutes straight.

When a crash occurs, an "Exception" is always displayed.
I have tried both directX11 and vulkan.

In directX11 I get "GPU device instance interrupted, please use GetDeviceRemovedReason to check the appropriate action. The cause could be that an invalid command was passed from the calling application."

In vulkan, "vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost"

Each of these will be displayed as above and the game will be dropped.

I have been enjoying the game for several days since the SENTINEL League started, but I am reaching my limit.

I thought about GPU failure, but I can play every game except POE without any problem.
But what I want to play is PATH OF EXILE.

If anyone is in the same situation as me, let's share information. If you know of a solution, please let us know. I would really appreciate it.

Lastly, I will write down the specs of my computer. If you need anything else to solve the problem, please reply.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @3.70GHz
Memory: 32GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Please help me, please help me.
Last bumped on Jan 26, 2024, 9:49:36 AM
Many people are crashing very badly this league, and having their computer hardlock.

It's been happening for almost a year, and I've written about it since 3.16 or so....

GGG doesn't care. Not once have they even responded to these posts on this subject. Not once. They do not care. Nothing can be done, it's not a hardware issue, it's POE exclusively.
happened to me, turns out my drivers got corrupted(not sure if its poe fault). I used DDU to remove all the drivers and then installed new ones fresh. Hope it works for you. Also it might be sound drivers, disabling your sound device might also wowrk.
Thanks for getting back to me, russiandobby.

I used DDU to remove the driver and tried 417.71, 451.48, 457.51, 465.89, 471.96, 472.12 and 512.77 of the GeForce game ready driver. All of them resulted in the same condition.

I was blind regarding the sound device, I will try it now, thanks.
Play FULL screen mode.

Turn sound channel count down from High to Medium PoE settings.

Turn off XBox Game Bar.

Turn off Discord overlay.

Turn off GeForce Experience in game overlay.

Turn off Dynamic Resolution in PoE settings.

Make sure GeForce Experience is NOT optimizing the game.

Update ALL on the Microsoft Store,... just do it.

Make sure Windows is fully up to date.

Use the most recent drivers,... it's not the driver's fault.

Make sure PoE is on the firewall & anti-virus exclusion list.

Did you delete your PoE temp. files when you re-installed the game from App. data & documents folder!?

When re-install GPU. drivers if with NVidia select custom install, then fresh/clean install.

Select the PoE Launcher, or the .exe file,... right click, properties, compatibility: "Always run as admin." Apply, ok, done.

In the NVidia control panel,... under surround & physics,... select your GPU. from the drop down menu, and apply instead of using "auto" setting.

If you have a two, or more monitor set-up try disconnecting all, and using just one.

Try installing, and running the game on your BOOT drive if it's not already.

Make sure all visual C++ are installed, and up to date.

You can try increasing the page filing cache, and/or the visual C++ cache if you want also,... just Google how to.

If you did NOT re-format the PC./Windows then try this:

COMMAND PROMPT FIXES TO TRY!!! cmd.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/21-cmd-commands-all-windows-users-should-know/

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk C: /f /r /x

chkdsk D: /f /r /x

I am sure you tried all the popular major fix suggestions so I am just throwing all of these other small ones out there as suggestions to try also.

No clue if any of this will help.

I have played many games in my life over the past 40 yrs, and Call of Duty & PoE took the most effort to get to run smooth on my system. All other games in the world just ran smooth automatically.

I have 7700k, 16gb. DDR4 & 1070.

I play PoE in 1440p. @ 120 FPS. no issues.

Good luck!!!

Chuter.
iam having the same problem. Startet after the prepatch for 3.18.

Ive been playing this game since ages and never ever had i crashes this often.

In vulkan, "vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost"

DirectX 11 crashes without an error window, and more frequently

DirectX 12 is the same.

Playing on a Laptop with GeForce 980M.

Every possible NVIDIA driver has the same problem. DDU doesnt do anything either.

I been getting crashes often this league with the game just closing and not giving any error message, I run 5800x with rtx 3070, I tried all of the rendered options, I prefer Vulkan but as it goes for crashes it happens on every rendered for me, I tried multiple different fixes but none works.
Thank you all for your replies.

It has been a few days since then and I have succeeded in reducing the frequency of the game crashing with one of the methods Mr. chuter gave me.
It used to crash reliably every 10-20 minutes, but now it crashes about once an hour.

What I tried was selecting GPU under Surround and Physics in the Nvidia control panel. (automatic by default)
I have already tried some of the other things you mentioned, and I believe this is the reason for my longer playing time.

I still haven't completely eliminated the crashes, and I hope GGG will fix this problem as soon as possible.
could be a unstable computer when the cpu etc..is pushed.
so voltage regulators and mboard etc..could make something crashing
MY pc keep crashing this league

AMD ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1080ti
16g ram

I dont have any error message what so ever. Cant progress on the game coz of this issue. Probably gonna skip this league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info