Graphical error on MacOS since 3.17.4

I hope that the problem will be fixed in the upcoming league because, as has been mentioned multiple times in the thread, the game is unplayable with those artifacts.
Have the same issue on Macbook Pro - Apple M1 2021. I cant see even what I m doing. Its crazy.
Last edited by huhuk on Apr 6, 2023, 5:08:56 AM
I have this problem too. I'm using a brand new 16' macbook pro with M2 chip.

It can run other FPS game(metro 3) with a acceptable graphic. but if I play POE with the lowest graphic setting, it still glitch...
New League and not fixed.
Having this issue on my new Mac Studio. Only seems to effect certain songs, mostlyh the act 2 ones, but it's really bad...like massive green polygons covering 90% of the screen
its not only at MacOS
even in windows 10-11 too

some ground effects missing texture
and some effects on death of monsters or etc missing texture or bugged
this league messed up all effects mtx etc
My ervery day experience with POE on a Mac:

I too am experiencing debilitating screen artifacting and have been for years. I am using an iMac Pro with 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD, and Radeon Pro Vega 64 w/16GB of vRAM.

I am currently running macOS 13.3.1. I can create artifacting 100% of the time in any game I am playing. It's only a matter of time. Artifacting is not consistent, different things in the game artifact at random, but once the artifact is established, it remains in the game until restart.

It seems to be related to a vector calculation issue. One of the polygons is exceeding a limit, and that distorts the polygon and skins no longer apply to it; hence the gray and other random artifacting.

This has been a persistent problem on the macOS for years. This thread is a year old, and the artifacting issue is even older. I love the constant upgrades to the game and the mechanics, but the lack of prioritization to resolve a game issue is dumbfounding. Are new features more important than something that affects gameplay to the point where people are referring to it as "unplayable". Pretty soon the feeling about the game will devolve into "it's unplayable and the development team has shown us that addressing the root cause isn't important".

Quality can make or break a brand. Please pay more attention to it if you care about your brand.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Ed161 wrote:
GGG it would be wonderful if we could get a quick line on whether this is something that is on your radar? I totally appreciate that Mac players are a minority of the player base, but the game is currently almost unplayable on M1 and you had such a beautiful working version just a few patches ago. Thank you :)

We're aware of the issue and hope to have a fix deployed soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Just came back to the game after a year and loaded it onto my Mac Studio Ultra - game is near unplayable in some maps due to graphics bugging out. Didn't realise this issue would be so bad for so long
Still unresolved as of Crucible 3.21. I had to get on GeforceNow to be able to play the game. Sure, it works great there, the only issue is having to reload your filter manually every time you start the game. But having the option of not having to use cloud gaming or steam link would be nice for a change.
Last edited by Shiin_Zu on May 17, 2023, 8:05:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info