Graphical error on MacOS since 3.17.4

Path of Exile's hitherto frequent graphic texture glitches on MacOS (occurring since 3.17.4, and not fixed as of 3.19.1c) have finally exploded outside of the PoE window and affected my whole computer, including both monitors. It only happens in Act 8 Solaris Temple....but happens every time I try to go there. This is a video of both screens freaking out.

https://youtu.be/QtySiQdCTQA

Here's an image from the video:

It seems like there's something in PoE code that is causing my graphics card to "break". Rebooting the Mac cures things until the next time I try to visit the Solaris Temple in Act 8 (especially level 2).

Model Name: iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020
Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 72 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB
MacOS: Catalina 10.15.7

I've kept playing PoE despite the graphic glitches documented in this thread, but this is making it very hard to progress through Act 8.
As an update, I used another computer to get through the Solaris Temple in Act 8. I just now ran the Temple map, which looks like the same tile set, and the same thing happened: both monitors displayed extreme graphic distortion as shown in the video above. It didn't happen immediately; I was able to kill the boss and complete the map before it happened, so I don't have to return to that tile set. But it seems to be a repeatable interaction between PoE, the Temple tileset, and MacOS (and my video card?).
Posting again, as I am still having the same issues with no response from GGG. Hopefully that latest video gets some traction, thats a seizure waiting to happen.
I am also having this problem with a MacBook Air M2 G10. Mac OS Monterey 12.6
Last edited by Guzbandu2 on Oct 4, 2022, 6:14:22 PM
Just bumping this thread. Issue still there after 4 leagues
3.20 - Still happening.
For me it's gotten worse after the most recent 3.20.1 patch.
"
DanteDrac wrote:
For me it's gotten worse after the most recent 3.20.1 patch.

True. I basically keep getting missing ground texture almost every two maps recently.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Ed161 wrote:
GGG it would be wonderful if we could get a quick line on whether this is something that is on your radar? I totally appreciate that Mac players are a minority of the player base, but the game is currently almost unplayable on M1 and you had such a beautiful working version just a few patches ago. Thank you :)

We're aware of the issue and hope to have a fix deployed soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Could we have an update please?

This is is getting very stale. It's still an issue for both standalone and Steam clients. GeForce isn't a good alternative. Why do we need to use yet another 3rd party tool as a workaround ? C'mon GGG show us some love here. It's been 9 months since you said you were looking in to things.

I've lost count how many times I've died because I get graphics issues that blank out parts of maps and monsters come out of nowhere. Do we need to post more screenshots ?

Here's a screenshot of when I went to trade on someone's HO.

Last edited by BowWizard on Jan 19, 2023, 7:25:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info