Most senseless way you've hurt yourself?

Huh, at first when I read the thread title I thought this was about Activi$ion / Blizzard.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I had visitors over for a BBQ a few months ago, and my fiance and I have cats. I was explaining to the visitors that this particular cat in particular was just a squishy furball that doesn't even swat at bugs. I've had the cat since it was 8 weeks old (6 years now) and had never seen it so much as nip at anything.

Well, when I picked up said cat, it startled, and scratched the living hell out of me - leaving me with more than a couple of scars on my hands.
Last edited by Elynole on May 17, 2022, 1:41:45 PM
American student loan for a BA in Psychology...
entirely useless.
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
"
Fauxxx_NL wrote:
American student loan for a BA in Psychology...
entirely useless.

There are a good number of high-paying jobs where a degree in psychology is seen as extremely useful, just off the top of my head:

Data Scientist
Data Analyst
Anything Marketing
User Experience Design
During winter, I was standing upright while on a swing, slipped and fell on my head/neck. Don't remember details of the event itself, but I do remember the awful neck pain afterwards. I was 12-13 at the time I believe.
Tried to kick a rug out of the way while vacuuming and felt a sharp pain in my left big toe. There wasn't much to see, just a tiny dark dot, so I didn't think much of it. However, the pain didn't subside and the toe was pretty swollen, so I went to see a doctor. He ended up taking an x-ray and it turned out that I managed to jam a needle all the way into the bone and somehow the pin broke right off. Surgery was 10 minutes and I still have a small dark spot on my toe.
^

I mean, is no one going to ask why there was a "needle" in the rug to begin with?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
One time I tried to fart while playing online poker really late while my girlfriend was asleep. About half of the fart came out before I realized more was on its way out too. I caught that before it was too late and jumped up and started to run to the bathroom. I had headphones on and yanked my head to the left and pulled my tower over as I kicked a 25 lb weight on the floor, broke my toe and then [poop] all over myself.

Okay, I admit that I copied that off of the Internet because I couldn't come up with anything nearly so good.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Elynole wrote:
I had visitors over for a BBQ a few months ago, and my fiance and I have cats. I was explaining to the visitors that this particular cat in particular was just a squishy furball that doesn't even swat at bugs. I've had the cat since it was 8 weeks old (6 years now) and had never seen it so much as nip at anything.

Well, when I picked up said cat, it startled, and scratched the living hell out of me - leaving me with more than a couple of scars on my hands.

Unrelated to said mishap: holy shit you're still alive. Cool.

*checks Ely's earliest posts, nods at the discussion of how to get Closed beta keys*

Speaking of hurting ourselves...

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^

I mean, is no one going to ask why there was a "needle" in the rug to begin with?

The cats aren't allowed into my partner's sewing room for a pretty good reason: craft junkies are notoriously messy. Also, one of the cats has Pica, I swear. And she's the smart one. Norwegian Forest Cats can be real dumb, bless their hearts.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 24, 2022, 4:37:21 AM
"

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^

The cats aren't allowed into my partner's sewing room for a pretty good reason: craft junkies are notoriously messy. Also, one of the cats has Pica, I swear. And she's the smart one. Norwegian Forest Cats can be real dumb, bless their hearts.

Yeah, this :D I just dropped a pin while I was sewing something. Also, all members of the household know that my arts and crafts desk is absolutely off limits and I've been very clear about getting a bandaid but no sympathy if someone pricks or cuts themselves if they try to rummage through my stuff on their own...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info