Most senseless way you've hurt yourself?

I went to open a jar of pasta sauce from a previous meal out of the fridge. A little bit of sauce had dried into a sharp cluster on the jar, right below the lid. When I turned it to open the jar, my palm went across it, cutting about 1/3 of the soft part of my palm open.

Not a serious injury, in fact a laughable one, but by far the stupidest way I've hurt myself as of recent.
Last edited by sumfight on May 9, 2022, 12:48:49 PM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2022, 4:44:03 PM
I ride a bicycle downhill, I feel the adrenaline and wanted more, so I peddle harder until I lost control and flop into a nearby drain.

I have hurt myself many times senselessly in my life in different ways, it seems like I am the kind that learns through pain.
I went fishing with a friend one time and drank like a ridiculous amount. He was driving so he hardly drank, I was barely conscious getting into the second 18 pack. I remember having him stop on the way home because I really had to piss, the roads were really busy so I walked into the woods and there was some crazy deep mud that apparently had glass in it.

I woke up and the entire side of my left ring toe was dangling off with a twig and forest muck jammed in it, and there was a clear trail of blood how I'd pathed back into my house. Learned to always wear shoes while drinking.
Getting back with an ex girlfriend.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Getting back with an ex girlfriend.

/thread, right here.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
being an adult
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Giving in to my deep-seated tendencies to believe I am not worthy of anyone else's time.

Also, being an adult -- but ACTUALLY being an adult, not just RPing one offline.

Oh, and ovens. I don't know why but I just keep finding new really hot bits of ovens when I cook, which is most days now. Never enough to cause damage, just enough to fucking hurt.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 9, 2022, 9:12:30 PM
Deep-fried fingertips.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
I have quite a few of these type of stories because I'm quite the pro at it unintentionally. But lets go with the this one...

Once was called to get a squirrel out from under the car of a family member (she was afraid she'd hurt it if she tried to drive), I get there the car is on a jack with one wheel pulled off. The story so far was the squirrel ran into the underside of one of the front wheels so she pulled it off but the squirrel just ran into the same spot on the back wheel.

So she's at the front of the car looking under the car just keeping an eye on it and I'm laying alongside of the back of the car trying to grab it from the wheel and she accidentally pulls on the front bumper and the car starts tipping towards her so I grabbed the bumper and pulled it back but managed to stick my foot under the tire as it came down and in the process the squirrel ran for its life thankfully. I may or may not have made some ungodly sounds that ran it off.

Didn't break anything in my foot or do any real lasting damage but damn did it hurt to walk on for a few months. Ever had someone squeeze the shit outta your hand? Yeah it was like that but a bit worse.

From now on those little tree rats are on their own. Bastards. :')

tl;dr: Don't trust other peoples automotive jack positions and don't assume they know to apply the parking brake. And fuck squirrels.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
My friend, cycling ahead of me on the road: "Bump my back tire with your front wheel. The knobs will rip like a saw!"

Me, doing this and discovering what happens when your front wheel suddenly stops spinning while you're going about 20 mph down a hill: "okay"

Then there was the time I thought oh, I'm going downhill and can't stop because it'll throw me head over handlebars, so I'll just plow into these bushes they look soft and springy. (They were blackberry thorn bushes)

Very surprised I lived to see age 10
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info