Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
Quagmaer wrote:
I think GGG makes a good work!

If players find some mechanics and ABUSE them like Shade form or blood its only reasonable no nerf it.

TR nerf was expected
Mines/Traps was too powerful compared to other
COC builds? Obliterate hole screen (two screens) while pressing only one button (cyclone) was a fun playstyle? Put a match in keybord on blight map and go make a sandwitch playstyle.

This time GGG not only nerfing most popular op builds (all league starters: RT, DD, EK mines) but also buffed least played builds like Self cast or bow hit builds.

Every new league people scream: "They nerf this, they nerf that"
Why dont anyone complains about flasks this time, huh? They heavyly nerfed them, but now nobody takes a shit about it.

Two weeks in league and you can see youtube videos like "Awersome build. All content in 1ex investment" "Instaphase Shaper/Maven/*new boss*" "My league starter. To red maps in 4link"

Watch old videos. Two people, 14 minutes and logout makro to do a first Shaper kill on HK.
Now you need one person, press one button and 2 minutes of time... to kill UberElder. Or 8 minutes to afk kill UberElder.

Thanks GGG! You makes your game more interesting!

100% this. People tend to cry alot about the "death" of certain builds - but after a few days in the league everybody adapts to the changes and even the "dead builds" will be seen again. I highly doubt, that there wont be anyone playing CoC in 3.17
Looks good, I am hoping to get a week or two of leave to play the league, among pther things.
"
Silentpawn wrote:
"
Quagmaer wrote:

If players find some mechanics and ABUSE them like Shade form or blood its only reasonable no nerf it.

TR nerf was expected
COC builds? Obliterate hole screen (two screens) while pressing only one button (cyclone) was a fun playstyle? Put a match in keybord on blight map and go make a sandwitch playstyle.

This time GGG not only nerfing most popular op builds (all league starters: RT, DD, EK mines) but also buffed least played builds like Self cast or bow hit builds.

Why dont anyone complains about flasks this time, huh? They heavyly nerfed them, but now nobody takes a shit about it.

Two weeks in league and you can see youtube videos like "Awersome build. All content in 1ex investment" "Instaphase Shaper/Maven/*new boss*" "My league starter. To red maps in 4link"

Watch old videos. Two people, 14 minutes and logout makro to do a first Shaper kill on HK.
Now you need one person, press one button and 2 minutes of time... to kill UberElder. Or 8 minutes to afk kill UberElder.

100% this. People tend to cry alot about the "death" of certain builds - but after a few days in the league everybody adapts to the changes and even the "dead builds" will be seen again. I highly doubt, that there wont be anyone playing CoC in 3.17

What??? THey are "fixing" things that THEY introduced. So these nerfs only show inconpetence? Or just playing god with the sheep by giving toys and then taking back. Maybe if they start to think ahead a lil more and be careful with what they introduce things will get better without all the stress on players having all their progress destroyed cause they can't make their own mind of how their game "should" be played
"
GdfSniper wrote:
So you completely destroy Freezing Pulse totems - non-meta, average power, niche build, and you call that "balance"?????

It's not the first time that I finally found a decent build (never meta), that I invested lots of time into learning how to play (I'm not very technical) and you're forcing me to look for a new one again.

This game starts to feel completely unrewarding. Every league I feel like I'm starting from zero again as all the effort and learning I did in previous leagues turns into nothing. It's not fun to play like that!

Personally, I'm glad they keep balancing the game and trying to shake up the meta.
This might just not be the game for you.
Path of Exiling the existing playerbase

League after league the game is losing it's way, good job that LA launches in Feb so I actually have something interesting to play :)
~ If it moves, kill it ~
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
"
Silentpawn wrote:
"
Quagmaer wrote:

TR nerf was expected

What??? THey are "fixing" things that THEY introduced. So these nerfs only show inconpetence? Or just playing god with the sheep by giving toys and then taking back. Maybe if they start to think ahead a lil more and be careful with what they introduce things will get better without all the stress on players having all their progress destroyed cause they can't make their own mind of how their game "should" be played

Your progress being destroyed is the definition of a league-cycle.
Try looking up and experimenting with a new build, maybe you'll like it.
"
DarkJen wrote:
"
masive12 wrote:
Have fun spectre builds. 5mins of searching one corpse

Spectre builds are 2 leagues dead alrdy.
Also why so poor retention these leagues.

True and it will be worse. I guess its fast 24/40 and go home time
each new league should be harder than the one before, but only through NEW content. the content as it was last league should stay the same in terms of difficulty.
You bore me, mageling.
"
masive12 wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:
"
masive12 wrote:
Have fun spectre builds. 5mins of searching one corpse

Spectre builds are 2 leagues dead alrdy.
Also why so poor retention these leagues.

True and it will be worse. I guess its fast 24/40 and go home time

Elden Ring comes out February 24th, so this league is very short for many players.

TR nerf was expected

Thanks GGG! You makes your game more interesting![/quote]

100% this. People tend to cry alot about the "death" of certain builds - but after a few days in the league everybody adapts to the changes and even the "dead builds" will be seen again. I highly doubt, that there wont be anyone playing CoC in 3.17[/quote]

What??? THey are "fixing" things that THEY introduced. So these nerfs only show inconpetence? Or just playing god with the sheep by giving toys and then taking back. Maybe if they start to think ahead a lil more and be careful with what they introduce things will get better without all the stress on players having all their progress destroyed cause they can't make their own mind of how their game "should" be played[/quote]

Your progress being destroyed is the definition of a league-cycle.
Try looking up and experimenting with a new build, maybe you'll like it.[/quote]

My guy. I have more builds (and level 100 ones) than u. So probably I don't need to experiment more as I did almost every single skill (well at least the fun ones) and get to high lvl/high investment to "experiment" them.

Leagues yeap is a completely destruction of progress and that's why we have std for people that don't want to have all their progress vanished. Since a year or so ago they started to ALSO destroy the std progress aswell so yeah its annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info